Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recently, my holidays are on the wrong day. I want them back to normal.

My holidays were fine before but now they are on the wrong day. Holidays usually happen with 3 days left for the season but mine are now happening with 4 days left till the season ends. The day will be circled and the sims will get a day off but the holiday moodlet won't be there. Then the next day the holiday moodlet appears and the day is treated like a normal day- no day off. I tried changing it from 7 day seasons to 10 day seasons and back to 7 day seasons (a fix I found online) but it doesn't work. What can I do to put my holidays back to normal?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The NRaas Tempest mod can help fix that by allowing you to specify in advance exactly which day (within each season) the holiday is to fall.

If not using mods, I don't think there is anything you can do to fix this other that what you are already trying by varying the lengths of the seasons or moving them to a new world.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ShadowSwan355ShadowSwan355 Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2018
    @igazor After reading your comment I tried the tempest mod. But how do you do it? I tried putting positive numbers and then erased them and did negative numbers. I want my holidays to fall with 3 days left to the season like the default EA holidays.
    Post edited by ShadowSwan355 on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    You can use either positive or negative numbers. Positive counts from the beginning of the season, negative counts back from the end. The default is -2, so you might want to try -3 and see if that works out well. Or, for a seven day season you could try 4. Don't be concerned if the red circles on sims' calendars do not update right away after such a change, sometimes it takes a while or even up to the first holiday for that display to be accurate again. The point would be to see if the mod adds stability to the holidays so that the day off, the celebration actions available, and the moodlets all line up properly again.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @igazor I tried the mod and there is a weird glitch. The holidays will not happen. The second that midnight happens the circle moves to the previous day and the holiday won't happen. No day off, no moodlet -just the circle moving to the previous normal day.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I'm sorry that really didn't fix things. It sounds like the same issue you described originally without the mod, just showing up in a different way.

If you can test this on a different or a new save, does the same thing happen or is it just within that one ongoing game? It may be that one ongoing game/world that is the problem.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    I ended up dumping a world that went wrong this way. It really is an annoying glitch Luckily I have a back up of it so if I want it back I can get it back, albeit in an earlier "era". I think on that occasion I'd resurrected a very old world I hadn't played for a couple of years, and was messing about using a mod to revive deceased sims - more than once! I don't know if that suddenly made the world go wrong - overuse of mods.
  • Options
    UPDATE: It turned out to be that save. I moved them to a different town and now have a new save. My holidays are normal now.