Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about CAW

In TS2, I would make what they called then "neighborhoods" all the time. I had A LOT. I even had one with nothing but characters Johnny Depp has portrayed. LOL I had "Halloween Town" from the Disney movie. A Christmas neighborhood.

I attempted to make a "World" (which I would still rather refer to them as neighborhoods, because that is what they are) in TS3, it was not as easy as TS2. I had a tough time with the roads especially. I admit I gave up kind of fast and never tried again. Now I'm wanting to create a world so I can place everything where I want it.

I wonder if there is a tutorial on how to create worlds.......?

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    There is a help file on the same page as the CAW download, which is a basic tutorial. You will also find tutorials on many aspects of CAW here on the forum under The Sims 3 > Game Tools > Create a World > Caw FAQ's. The thread is stickied right at the top of the discussion list. It includes links to tutorials on other sites as well as on this forum.

I have made two worlds in CAW, but not from empty maps. I prefer to take existing worlds into CAW and edit them. It's much easier for me to make small modifications to terrain that's already made, and move, delete, and place new roads when there are already roads placed. There is a tutorial on how to do that too.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I love to edit worlds and lots too. Thank you for the info :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

EA made a Walkthrough and a Tutorial for CAW on the same page as CAW download. It's a nice place to start. :)
    The Tutorial only has up to WA information (on spawners).

• Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    thanks ! :)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @Scorpina2009, I answered in the other I love Scenery thread but I'll post it here if you didn't catch it.
    You are MUCH braver than I am. Create-A-World (CAW) just confused the daylights out of me. The layers confuse me to no end. I guess that as I'm in my late 40s, my brain isn't as facile as it used to be. :D

I've got ideas for worlds, but well...CAW's driving me completely nuts (considering I'm already half-way there...well, it'll probably be a short trip).

I would highly recommend The Sim Supply's tutorials about Create-A-World.

- Create-A-World Tutorials by TheSimSupply. He builds a basic world from scratch going over all the functions in CAW in this series. I'm sure that there are other Youtube Simmers who would have tutorials on CAW as well.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've tried CAW out and made four working worlds for legacies and my first was Gibsons which is a very stable legacy town as I found out when I tried starting a legacy in it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    It's not that hard if you play with it a little and get over the learning curve. I made a world a few years ago. Didn't finish it but I placed roads, lots and everything and I will try and make one again.

I've downloaded probably 30 world's by now and none of them are exactly what I want.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    @06Bon06 wrote: »
    It's not that hard if you play with it a little and get over the learning curve. I made a world a few years ago. Didn't finish it but I placed roads, lots and everything and I will try and make one again.

I've downloaded probably 30 world's by now and none of them are exactly what I want.

Hi :)

We (players) could make 30 worlds and there would still be something we would find missing. If only we could fit it all in... themed areas, full districts, different climate regions ... HUGE maps and yet it'd run well- heaven. :)
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Try this. I find it very helpful but it is old and not recently updated.
    http://krrank.blogspot.co.uk/p/caw-tutorial.html
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita