Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A very Munch affair. Townies revisioned....

TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
So I made over the Munches, slightly. I had read that players found them to be bad looking, but I don't think they were at all, with a little slight tweaking , upturning the noses a bit. Making the jaws more rounded or angular, and here they are. Better, but still looking like themselves.

Literally the only thing I did to Gunther, in the middle, was change his facial hair and maybe widen his jaw.

11RgR0O.png
TR45wIe.png
2FqX4bC.png

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited April 2018
    Personally, I find most of the premades to be bad-looking. The Munches too. XD
  • Options
    I actually think her sons are gorgeous
  • Options
    okay? @SimQueenie9

I dont know, I like average looking sims and I think the Munches are a nice-looking normal family like what you would see in real life. Real life families arent usually supermodels. And I like realnesss. My current family in the sims is very normal looking and I love that. I also dont use cc , so theres that.

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    They do look better in these pics.
  • Options
    What we find attractive or appealing is quite personal. They were a bit rough, especially Mila, up close, because her eyes were drooped and made her appear to be scowling. So I fixed that and re-envisioned her in the way I see her. And then the one who is blond, he had the same angry eyes so I fixed that and I made them not so 🐸🐸🐸🐸, both boys looked starved. And so i fixed that. All in all, I like the outcome, they look handsome.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    They look prettier but they also look far less distinctive.

Your Wolfgang is pretty amazing though, his jawline is great !
    The other two got too generic pretty faces for my liking, I would not recognize them in a crowd of randomly generated townies.
  • Options
    I liked how they were before, but to show what they would like like if they were more suited to beauty standards, I made them this way @happyopi
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    The boys look good!
    But Mila in a short skirt.. I think I saw too much of her.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    lol!!! @ItsJanier to be honest, i felt uncomfortable with it, but I lacked the desire to put together an outfit
  • Options
    wolfgang showed up to my park , after I gave him his makeover and he doesnt even live in willow creek!

3azOJHC.png

• Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I always leave them alone in my game. At his point they are currently not in world as I have absolutely no desire to play them at the moment. They add a certain flavor to the background when they show up on community lots.
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    I think Wolfgang is "Classy type" ( not handsome but classy).
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    They look good. I leave premades how they are. I like their unique looks :D
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Just like in real life, I think not all my sims have to be gorgeous. I like that the Munches are more average looking and you can tell exactly who they are supposed to be by their style and the way they look. Gunther is supposed to be the snobbish hipster writer while his brother is a rebellious goth teenager. I'm sorry but your makeover kind of made them very generic looking. But they do look nice :smile:
  • Options
    many did not like the munches the way they were. in fact the main reason i kept running into for why people did not like them was because they said the munches were #ugly so i chose to redo them in a different light @Jprp83
  • Options
    i edit the premades and i enjoy it. how much i edit them depends on what i think they need :)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I try to keep the pre-mades in my game alone. I’ve always felt weird for overly editing them; like, I’m messing with a story. I dunno.
    I have changed certain hair colors before (in rare cases), and over time I do give them different outfits. But I think Wolfgang is the only pre-made that I’ve edited to a physical degree; I tried to make his eyes a little bigger and the rest of his face not so terribly unrealistic. I kept the base of his features, though, like the scowl, since I felt that fit with who he is.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    So I made over the Munches, slightly. I had read that players found them to be bad looking, but I don't think they were at all, with a little slight tweaking , upturning the noses a bit. Making the jaws more rounded or angular, and here they are. Better, but still looking like themselves.

Literally the only thing I did to Gunther, in the middle, was change his facial hair and maybe widen his jaw.

11RgR0O.png
    TR45wIe.png
    2FqX4bC.png

I like what you have done. Looks good.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    thanks @drakharis in time i will personalize their clothing and stuff more, but right now, i like it. Im gonna to the same to some of the others.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'm redoing the premades, and I haven't had this much fun in forever!
  • Options
    it can really be fun! :)@gummybear0724
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    People thought of them as ugly? I actually thought they looked good. I really liked the original designs they had. I like what you did with them too though.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I like what you did with them when I played with them the most I only really made over Wolfgang.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    t5YRyo6h.png

For funsies, I went to check on my Munch and change their features a little bit without changing them as characters (their clothes/hairstyles are from an older makeover).
    I didn't change Mila at all because I kinda love her as she is, an overworked plump single mother of three, and she doesn't need to be beautiful to be an interesting women. There is also nothing wrong with her face, unlike her sons...

I had to give the boys cheekbones and lips, because it was a tragedy. I also tweaked their eyes.
    Despite my best effort, Gunther still looks like an overgrown toddler and I don't like it one bit.
    Wolfgang is kind of cute in his ugliness though (and the other teens in the neighborhood certainly seem to think so).