Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those who've spent time with My First Pet, would you recommend?

Hi all,

I finally have enough money saved up that I can splurge a little. I was considering getting My First Pet stuff, as for the most part I've liked aspects of every pack released so far.

I was hoping for a sale but it doesn't appear there will be one soon.

So, for those who've spent some time with it now, would you recommend? Thanks!
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
Origin ID: simaddict1990

Comments

• Options
    KishKish Posts: 34 Member
    Honestly I love pets pack and I love owning a Vet Clinic. I'm an extreme animal lover. I mean what kind of sane person owns six extremely spoiled cats IRL? So yeah... it's my fave but it really depends on how animal orientated it is. I find owning pets make my families feel more 'realistic' as I really only know a handful of people who don't own pets of some form.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I enjoy it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    My First Pet is a bit off.
    It feels really small(at least after the Laundry Day SP) and almost all the things in CAS are just recolored..
    It has some nice B&B items and the hairstyles are nice tho.
    I honestly would wait for it to go on sale but if you actually wanna buy it now then go for it :smile:
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Just a few unique items while the rest are pretty much recolors. It's just meh...
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I played with it a bunch... but I'm a deviant player. I really enjoyed the rabid rodent disease... how long it incubates that it can be passed on to other sims at a certain point. I like too that you can cure it this time or do a permanent cure. Or you can avoid it completely by cleaning the rodent's habitat ;)..
    The stuff itself mostly has merged into my game, especially the rugs and pet beds. The rest well... I don't play with kids much. I've used the couches, blinds and the aquarium table.
    It was worth it to me. It's just part of the game now.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The rodent illness provides a way to kill and humiliate vampires, and presumably, aliens too. ;) Worth it for that alone.

Also, having smaller pets around is good for households who don't have the bigger ones, and for apartments or small starter homes. There are lots of uses. The furniture is good for kids rooms too.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I never got it for different reasons and I would suggest you look at any reviews or any game play to make your decision. Also it would involve what you are looking to get out of it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    AurialAurial Posts: 53 Member
    If you love pets and are dying for more, then yes! I think most of the cas and furniture items are reskins though!