Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it safe to enable script mods?

I recently downloaded a cheat shortcut mod to avoid having to type unnecessarily long cheat codes such as bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement. But the script mods need to be enabled for it to work. Is it safe to enable script mods or will they corrupt my game? Thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    ThatDoggoneGirl7ThatDoggoneGirl7 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Some people experienced that when they enabled script mods their game crashed. I've never tried it tho. You should give it a try, I guess. :smile:
    tumblr_nb96gvx67j1rn427xo2_500.gif
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    bastilleaimeebastilleaimee Posts: 60 Member
    Thank> @thatdoggonegirl7 said:
    > Some people experienced that when they enabled script mods their game crashed. I've never tried it tho. You should give it a try, I guess.

Thank you for your help I'll be sure to give it a try then :)
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It really depends on the mod, the mod maker and how many of the script mods you have. Some of them will interfere with other script mods and cause crashes. I've had pretty good luck with the ones at modthesims.info though. Typically I read the comments section before I download to see what results other people have had first.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ThatDoggoneGirl7ThatDoggoneGirl7 Posts: 1,314 Member
    @bastilleaimee Alright, good luck, dear. :blush:
    tumblr_nb96gvx67j1rn427xo2_500.gif
    ♬ "Smile, what's the use of crying. You'll find that life is still worthwhile. If you just smile.." ♬
    Michael Jackson
  • Options
    > @duhboy2u2 said:
    > It really depends on the mod, the mod maker and how many of the script mods you have. Some of them will interfere with other script mods and cause crashes. I've had pretty good luck with the ones at modthesims.info though. Typically I read the comments section before I download to see what results other people have had first.

thank you for your help :)
  • Options
    > @duhboy2u2 said:
    > It really depends on the mod, the mod maker and how many of the script mods you have. Some of them will interfere with other script mods and cause crashes. I've had pretty good luck with the ones at modthesims.info though. Typically I read the comments section before I download to see what results other people have had first.

thank you for your help :)
    On a side note I'd give it a while before trying to download them though. The March 26 patch messed with the mods and they aren't working properly yet. Could be a good idea to wait for them to be made patch compliant first.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    > @duhboy2u2 said:
    > bastilleaimee wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > On a side note I'd give it a while before trying to download them though. The March 26 patch messed with the mods and they aren't working properly yet. Could be a good idea to wait for them to be made patch compliant first.

I heard about that but I wasn't sure what it meant so thank you. I've not enabled them yet, so I'm going to wait :)
  • Options
    @luthienrising awesome :) thanks for the post!
  • Options
    MissLunaMissLuna Posts: 4 New Member
    I am having an issue with MY SCRIPT MODS. I don't know how, but, whenever I enable them, an error appears.. What can I do?
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    MissLuna wrote: »
    I am having an issue with MY SCRIPT MODS. I don't know how, but, whenever I enable them, an error appears.. What can I do?

What script mod are you using and what is the error? You may want to make sure that your script mods are up to date by visiting the site you downloaded them from.