Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Age span settings advice- SOLVED (thank you!)

orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
Hi! So okay, I rarely make my own threads but I've got kind of a predicament and I feel like I need input from you lovely and knowledgeable simmers.

So here's my problem, right now I'm playing a save that's made it to the fourth generation, and I've been playing on a very slightly modified normal lifespan. (I use MCC) Here's my current lifespan:
baby: 2
toddler: 7
child: 14
teen: 14
ya: 28
adult: 28
elder:14
This has been working well for progressing through the generations quickly while at least letting my sims meet a few of their grandchildren, (it's kind of my goal to make it to the tenth generation because I've never done that before,) but it's starting to feel way too short for me. Like, I got Jungle Adventure and I've hardly traveled to Selvadorada because I'm so focused on racing to get promotions, raising kids, and cleaning the house all the time. My sims don't have time for club gatherings, making friends, spending time with their extended family beyond parties, or just doing fun activities that I don't normally do that requires leaving the house lot.
So my question is, what's a custom age span setting I can use that's similar in balance to what I'm currently using but will allow me to spend more time with my sims while also moving through the generations at a decent pace and would keep me from getting bored? I'd love to just hear what you use personally if you don't have specific advice.

(also I have tried many different combinations and none really seem to work for me so far so I'm turning to the forums out of desperation lol)
Post edited by orangehippogriff on

Comments

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    My settings are similar, except child and teen is at 25 and adult is at 30ish? I left Elder alone since it'll always be a mystery when they pass away (my current elder generation are my exercise junkies)

I just don't take vacations with my legacy family, unless it works for everyone (which at that point is usually when they're all pretty much YA/Adult/Elder--My more well off gens have them go on family vacations, but that's also hard to juggle sometimes).
    Most festivals I only go to when my heirs are single or if it's for their job, and it's similar on my end. No time for family gatherings aside from the occasional party.
    I usually try to get things like socializing and meeting new people before they have kids since I always prioritize the kids. :#

I have other households I play where I'm not as nitpicky whenever it gets sorta monotonous. Then I go back to my legacy family to play them when I miss that monotony :)
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    My settings are similar, except child and teen is at 25 and adult is at 30ish? I left Elder alone since it'll always be a mystery when they pass away (my current elder generation are my exercise junkies)

I just don't take vacations with my legacy family, unless it works for everyone (which at that point is usually when they're all pretty much YA/Adult/Elder--My more well off gens have them go on family vacations, but that's also hard to juggle sometimes).
    Most festivals I only go to when my heirs are single or if it's for their job, and it's similar on my end. No time for family gatherings aside from the occasional party.
    I usually try to get things like socializing and meeting new people before they have kids since I always prioritize the kids. :#

I have other households I play where I'm not as nitpicky whenever it gets sorta monotonous. Then I go back to my legacy family to play them when I miss that monotony :)

Yeah I feel you, sometimes playing legacy style makes you miss out a bit
  • Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I typically play with aging off in my game for the household I'm currently playing and have the rest of the world aging long. I age up the sims in my current household as I see fit. Or I'll turn off aging entirely until I feel I've really played out the current lifestages.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I'm currently using: Baby - 2, Toddler - 10, Child - 18, Teen - 20, YA - 30, Adult - 35, Elder - 20. Seems to progress through generations quickly enough while still giving me enough time with the families before the kids are grown and out of the house.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    My current age setting on MCCC is: baby 3 days, toddler 1 day (they are aged up immediately anyway) child 14 days, teen 14 days, YA is default 24 days, adult is default 24 days, and elder is 14 days (if traits allow, it shows the extra days anyway).
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Ive decided to just play on normal.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I usually play on Long, because I feel bad about letting my Sims die so soon. But lately, I've been playing with auto-age disabled because of a glitch. :(
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Based on the settings you have now, I'd say try approximately 1,5 as long. So that would be something like:
    Baby: 3
    Toddler: 10
    Child: 20
    Teen: 20
    Young adult: 40
    Adult: 40
    Elder: 20

You could make the adult life stage a bit longer though, to add a certain realism.
    Although I usually play with aging off, the aging settings I use are based on the premise that 4 simdays equals one year. From the top of my head that is:
    Baby: 4
    Toddler: 12
    Child: 28
    Teen: 28
    Young adult: 88
    Adult: 100
    Elder: 60
    And in this scenario adults would in principle not be able to become pregnant.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    thanks for all the help guys!
    So I ended up setting it to what @MDianaSanders suggested, the one with ya and adult at 40.
    but I might set it to something a bit lower like @JimG72 suggested if that proves to be too long.

thanks so much!