Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wanting to separate group of dogs

I have a group of dogs, I just want one dog. How or would I be able to do that?
s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!

Comments

• Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I assume you mean that your household owns several dogs, and they want to find new homes for all but one? Yes, you can give them up for adoption. I believe it is found under Services. If they are still puppies, you can sell them. Your Sims will be Sad for a time, a day or two, and you won't see the dogs around town.

Or you can go in Manage Worlds and use the Split Household function to add them to homes of your choice. Your Sims won't realize this has happened, really, and you will see the dogs around town randomly. They will keep the relationship levels, but these will gradually decrease with time if they don't interact with them.

Lastly, if some of the dogs are quite a bit older, they probably will "run over the rainbow bridge" soon. :'( Pets' lifespans are pretty short in comparison to Sims. :)
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Or just jump into managing household on CAS and delete them and your sims (again) will never realise it happened
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I gave away the litter of two puppies, twice. I went into manage households and randomly transferred the animals to some unwitting Sims. LOL Then I money-cheated, as if the pups had been sold.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I will usually either delete the pet in CAS or transfer them to another household through the household management interface. You can give them up for adoption or sell if they are young enough, but your household sims get that really strong sad mood for awhile.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I am in the same situation, with one cat and 5 dogs (now 4). I just go to household management and move the animals to other household like I do with the Sims. I have already done this with one dog and the new family recognises the dog as part of their family with all the interraction required.

Will do the same with at least 3 more dogs, I just have to decide which families and more importantly which family will have room/time for 2 dogs. Two of them are inseperable. I find this way to be best way to keep the dogs in the game (so they don't disappear) because I have become quite attached to them.

Unfortunatly, I can't keep them all together where they are because the couple that has them will spend too much time in the jungle and taking the whole lot with them is possible of course. But, there is just no time to give all the animls the attention they need AND give my Sims time to do their thing as well.
  • Options
    theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

I downloaded these dogs from Puma1305. I haven't played them yet, just want one of the dogs. I think I will just wait till I have the sim get more funds & a bigger place so I can "merge" them all together. Thanks everyone for your tips.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I downloaded these dogs from Puma1305. I haven't played them yet, just want one of the dogs. I think I will just wait till I have the sim get more funds & a bigger place so I can "merge" them all together. Thanks everyone for your tips.

Ah...if it is downloaded animals, when you bring them into game via library you can go into CAS first. There you can just delete the dogs you don't want and then I think you can save the household of that one dog (if I am wrong please correct me). You might have to create a Sim along with him (you can then just later delete the household that has that remaining Sim) and then merge the household the dog belongs to with your family of choice.
  • Options

Well gosh darn it all anyway! I can't put these dogs anywhere, the button I can click is "cancel". I can't move them anywhere. I'm trying to remember how to edit in CAS. OMG it's too early in the morning for this.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    How about going into CAS with a household and then adding the dogs through your library?
  • Options

Well I finally figured out the CAS, (after I had my coffee). Got just the one dog I want, just got to get my sim more funds so I can merge them together.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!