Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Login is not accepting login details

I start my launcher. When I try to log into it to play it is not accepting my email and password. I know it is correct. The EA site accepts it

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    msbeckycat wrote: »
    I start my launcher. When I try to log into it to play it is not accepting my email and password. I know it is correct. The EA site accepts it

EA servers are down . you will have to wait for them to be back up.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Assuming you are on Windows and not the Mac version of the game, the step that usually fixes that involves clearing the cache and cookies on Internet Explorer, being sure to disallow the "Preserve Favorites website data" option. It must be IE and not Edge or the other browsers, even if you never use IE yourself or it's not convenient to get to such as on Win 10, it's still there someplace and the game uses its resources.

For a visual: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Some players have found that in addition they need to change their password through the site as well.

Edit: Yes, I see the EA server issue being reported now. If that's the source of the problem, then nothing can be done until EA reports that its issues are fixed.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    Ah ha...the answer to my question!! Thanks! No need for me to look any further!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    oh my gosh thank you for making this thread. I just randomly decided to play my sims 3 for the first time since I got it a year ago and was wondering why i couldn't log in inside the game.