Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eating disorder

kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
Once in a while I get a sim that sits and eats and eats but never get full. In sted they keep getting lower. I can of course max that motive as needed, but I was wondering why this happens and a permanent fix?

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I have never heard of this happening before. Could it be a mod or a mod conflict that is causing it?
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    This sounds like a hack or mod problem, potentially.

Another thing: did you notice what they're eating and how active they are? Do you have freetime? Seasons? A sim who subsists on plain (non fresh) food in a game with free time and seasons may have difficulty getting full if they have high activity and are eating foods like cereal and gelatin, which aren't very "filling." (or custom foods that aren't filling.)

This is because Seasons tinkered with hunger so that "fresh" food would fill sims up faster and be more satisfying, which involved making non-fresh food less great. Free Time apparently did something similar so that sims using the aspiration benefits to reduce hunger would actually get a noticeable perk. Also, a pleasure sim can have a "fast" metabolism via free time perks and I would not be surprised if a super-active pleasure sim living on cereal without other aspiration benefits used would have difficulty actually eating to fullness.

Also: male or female sim? A pregnant sim may have severe hunger drops. (You'd know if a male was pregnant because generally, you need aliens for that unless you have a hack.)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    I have ultimate and it is only a sim or two and it does not matter what they eat, they never stop chewing the same bite. LOL I would think if it were a hack conflict it would happen to all or many more sims. ???
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    If you've got mods and CC, the first thing to try is to remove them and see if it fixes the issue. Even if you can't seem to find a common thread between the Sims that other Sims don't share.
  • Options
    I think I am narrowing it down to teen sims who are hyper active as in very active.
  • Options
    If it were a mod or hack would it not affect more sims then just so few?
  • Options
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    If it were a mod or hack would it not affect more sims then just so few?

That depends. Some mods or hacks affect sims with certain personalities, or only while doing certain actions. (For example: there are Pescado mods that restrict behaviors that are only available to super sloppy sims.)
  • Options
    Wow Scribal and I do have some of his mods and a sloppy eating mod though I don't know right off it is his or not. Have to check into this I guess. Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    Wow Scribal and I do have some of his mods and a sloppy eating mod though I don't know right off it is his or not. Have to check into this I guess. Thanks everyone.

Check out "no stuff face," if you have it, I seem to remember someone else having trouble with it.
  • Options
    greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2018

Check out "no stuff face," if you have it, I seem to remember someone else having trouble with it.

That probably would have been me.. :)
  • Options
    Thanks Scribal I think I may have that for sure.
  • Options
    no don't have that mod so I don't know what is going on. It is also happening to some adults and not always real real hyper. I don't think it is a big enough deal to me right now, to go in and take out all my cc and put back little at time. Think I will just play a while and see what happens. I know a while back one of my sims had that problem but they got over it. Don't know what I did for them. LOL
  • Options
    no don't have that mod so I don't know what is going on. It is also happening to some adults and not always real real hyper. I don't think it is a big enough deal to me right now, to go in and take out all my cc and put back little at time. Think I will just play a while and see what happens. I know a while back one of my sims had that problem but they got over it. Don't know what I did for them. LOL

If you can get "fresh" (Sparkly seasons food) food or make them study cooking it might help, as fresh food is more filling.
  • Options
    Thanks Scribal I will try that and I found one mod in my game called no eat garbage, I think. I just deleted it and ready to go back into my game.
  • Options
    Thanks Scribal I will try that and I found one mod in my game called no eat garbage, I think. I just deleted it and ready to go back into my game.

Older pescado mods (of which I believe no eat garbage is one) aren't always compatible with newer games. And Pescado's documentation is substandard in terms of figuring out the full effects of what's going on in your game... He makes good mods, but they need to come with a better change list. :)