Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Adventures Done Right

Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I'm a big fan of this sort of thing being used in sandbox/simulation games, and it'd be great if The Sims 4 would start to return to the franchise's roots, which is exactly that. World Adventures was pretty impressive at the time of release due to its uniqueness, however it fell short for me due to the fact it was majorly goal based and became a handholding experience for the player. Tombs were just like that, and far too simple to be enjoyable for me.

But I'd like to see it returned and fixed to be the way it should have been in a Sims game. Here's a great way of doing that.

When they implement a tropical island destination, they should include special caves for our Sims to explore. Perhaps these caves' layouts could be randomly generated so we NEVER become familiarized with it, thus providing plenty of replay value.

Within the cave should be all sorts of harvestables. For instance, special crops they can take home and plant, as well as other vegetation, and rocks they can mine for ores and minerals, which would then serve special uses on their own.
This would then extend to crafting, which TS4 already has to an extent. With these ores and minerals we mine, we could craft special machines that serve very different benefits in various areas of their life (e.g a recycling machine that recycles trash into useful items).

And it could extend way further than just caves. Each destination should provide its own randomly generated areas to explore, special skills, and unique items to obtain through said skills. But the whole focus with the World Adventures concept should be letting us create our own goals, rather than have a checklist tell us how to play the game or have our hand held by the game. I am still hoping GTW is patched to allow for open-ended gameplay, and I hope they will steer 100% clear of the checklists/restrictive gameplay with TS4's future content.
Post edited by Sk8rblaze on

Comments

• Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Ooo good idea !! I've grown exhausted with the scripted goals and kinda want to do things my way with gameplay !

More vacation sub worlds are totally welcomed !! We should have those TS2 Bon Voyage worlds and World Adventures worlds

Sim Egypt and Sim Japan are two vacation sub worlds I have in mind
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm really hoping destinations hat I could just go at whim and solve and raid tombs/dungeons/temples using my sim's and my own style.

It should really be based off creativity.

the should be numerous combinations on how I should raid a tomb/dungeon/temple.
    meaning different life states might do it differently, different skills, tons of different approaches.

One thing I know for sure is I would definitely use the gallery a lot more if there was a dungeon creating tool and I would love to solve other people's dungeon Challenges.

I really want to go to places like the Athens, Greece, there could be a dungeon underneath the Parthenon and a chamber that holds Pandora's Box. Obtaining it would allow you to spawn the worlds greatest Evil like, Gorgons, Giant Spiders, the Black Plague, Toddlers, Mrs. Cumple-bottom.

Dubai Could be a like a Modern Arabian tale where you search for a Magic Genie Lamp.

A Caribbean Island and infuse the Bermuda Triangle myth into it. and the Triangle is actually a portal to Where the merfolk live.
    Where they protect Poseidon's Trident that has all the powers of the Ocean and Storms, has the ability to give the user underwater breathing, turn into a Human/Mermaid at any time. or transform into any aquatic animal.

Head up to England, head to Avalon and maybe the holy grail is around, drinking from it might give Your immortality, and eternal youth and possibly magic.

I really want to collect magical/mythical Artifacts.
    to heck with crystals, my sim trophies.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    dlyradlyra Posts: 55 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > I really want to go to places like the Athens, Greece, there could be a dungeon underneath the Parthenon and a chamber that holds Pandora's Box. Obtaining it would allow you to spawn the worlds greatest Evil like, Gorgons, Giant Spiders, the Black Plague, Toddlers, Mrs. Cumple-bottom.

LOL that would be a great way to bring Mrs. Crumplebottom into the sims 4

In a Greece themed world there could also be some way to get ambrosia? They could also expand on the storytelling since Greece's mythos is arguably the most well known.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of this sort of thing being used in sandbox/simulation games, and it'd be great if The Sims 4 would start to return to the franchise's roots, which is exactly that. World Adventures was pretty impressive at the time of release due to its uniqueness, however it fell short for me due to the fact it was majorly goal based and became a handholding experience for the player. Tombs were just like that, and far too simple to be enjoyable for me.

But I'd like to see it returned and fixed to be the way it should have been in a Sims game. Here's a great way of doing that.

When they implement a tropical island destination, they should include special caves for our Sims to explore. Perhaps these caves' layouts could be randomly generated so we NEVER become familiarized with it, thus providing plenty of replay value.

Within the cave should be all sorts of harvestables. For instance, special crops they can take home and plant, as well as other vegetation, and rocks they can mine for ores and minerals, which would then serve special uses on their own.
    This would then extend to crafting, which TS4 already has to an extent. With these ores and minerals we mine, we could craft special machines that serve very different benefits in various areas of their life (e.g a recycling machine that recycles trash into useful items).

And it could extend way further than just caves. Each destination should provide its own randomly generated areas to explore, special skills, and unique items to obtain through said skills. But the whole focus with the World Adventures concept should be letting us create our own goals, rather than have a checklist tell us how to play the game or have our hand held by the game. I am still hoping GTW is patched to allow for open-ended gameplay, and I hope they will steer 100% clear of the checklists/restrictive gameplay with TS4's future content.

Each EP has only a skill and a half. And with the world building I'm not sure random caves would be possible, plus I don't want an EP that focuses only on exploring caves. I want Bon Voyage 2.0. Or an expanded "OR". So I wouldn't buy this.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    NO world Adventures!! I would rather have a Bon Voyage/Vaction EP since they're more family-friendly then WA was. There was NOTHING for children to do in WA.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    Also weapons like xcaliber, King Arthurs sword, and swords and sheilds to be able to be used and kept in personal inventories of our sims in general!
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I'm really hoping destinations hat I could just go at whim and solve and raid tombs/dungeons/temples using my sim's and my own style.

It should really be based off creativity.

the should be numerous combinations on how I should raid a tomb/dungeon/temple.
    meaning different life states might do it differently, different skills, tons of different approaches.

One thing I know for sure is I would definitely use the gallery a lot more if there was a dungeon creating tool and I would love to solve other people's dungeon Challenges.

I really want to go to places like the Athens, Greece, there could be a dungeon underneath the Parthenon and a chamber that holds Pandora's Box. Obtaining it would allow you to spawn the worlds greatest Evil like, Gorgons, Giant Spiders, the Black Plague, Toddlers, Mrs. Cumple-bottom.

Dubai Could be a like a Modern Arabian tale where you search for a Magic Genie Lamp.

A Caribbean Island and infuse the Bermuda Triangle myth into it. and the Triangle is actually a portal to Where the merfolk live.
    Where they protect Poseidon's Trident that has all the powers of the Ocean and Storms, has the ability to give the user underwater breathing, turn into a Human/Mermaid at any time. or transform into any aquatic animal.

Head up to England, head to Avalon and maybe the holy grail is around, drinking from it might give Your immortality, and eternal youth and possibly magic.

I really want to collect magical/mythical Artifacts.
    to heck with crystals, my sim trophies.

• Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    These Sims Social Weekend Set pics sparked some ideas for sub worlds

Sims_Social_-_Promo_Picture_-_Chinese_New_Year_during_Adventure_Week.jpg

Sims_Social_-_Promo_Picture_-_Paris_Week_-_Welcome_to_Paris.jpg

Sims_Social_-_Promo_Picture_-_Adventure_Theme.jpg
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    NO world Adventures!! I would rather have a Bon Voyage/Vaction EP since they're more family-friendly then WA was. There was NOTHING for children to do in WA.

Nobody is asking for World Adventures done the same way as TS3, though.

@MadameLee The whole moral of my post is that World Adventures was a good concept, but should have made all of the exploring and whatnot much more free and open to players.

As we can see with Outdoor Retreat, they are focusing on all age groups, but the recreational stuff is a bit boring in comparison to what they could've done with hiking and exploring.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    dlyra wrote: »
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > I really want to go to places like the Athens, Greece, there could be a dungeon underneath the Parthenon and a chamber that holds Pandora's Box. Obtaining it would allow you to spawn the worlds greatest Evil like, Gorgons, Giant Spiders, the Black Plague, Toddlers, Mrs. Cumple-bottom.

LOL that would be a great way to bring Mrs. Crumplebottom into the sims 4

In a Greece themed world there could also be some way to get ambrosia? They could also expand on the storytelling since Greece's mythos is arguably the most well known.

*throws money at the screen*
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey, great post OP!

I loved WA, because I enjoyed the departure it provided from the normal gameplay of the Sims. It was like a special, different little epoch in the game where you could adventure and progress. I understand why others didn't like it, because it was much more linear... But I sort of enjoyed that different style of play for a once-off changeup.

But I also loved Island Paradise, and the more sandbox style gameplay that gave us for creating holiday style worlds - those resorts were just fabulous.

And then of course Bon Voyage was super fun aswell back in TS2.

So my ideal holiday EP would be a mix of them, perhaps with simpler dungeon creation so players could make their own and share them on the gallery. How awesome would that be? But at the same time, having hotel play and maybe some amazing playgrounds for kids.

Edit for typos.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

@MadameLee The whole moral of my post is that World Adventures was a good concept, but should have made all of the exploring and whatnot much more free and open to players.

As we can see with Outdoor Retreat, they are focusing on all age groups, but the recreational stuff is a bit boring in comparison to what they could've done with hiking and exploring.

You know I loved WA. Maybe it was because I didn't just play it as a linear EP. I used the world editor to make each destination someplace fun and interesting for my Sims to go. When I felt like a puzzle I'd explore a tomb. One thing I really liked was all the exotic build/buy items. I also added lots from each of the worlds to my library and I'd build multi cultural neighborhoods.

I just don't see all that kind of fun coming with a TS4 EP with no way to edit worlds this time around.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    How about a combo of bv and wa under the name Bon Voyage Adventures
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    That is the beauty of Sims lets make WA better this time around include things for kids to do. With the Get Together concept kids could learn martial arts, advance their sports skills. Development is only limited by programming skills, story telling, story boarding, etc in the Sims Worlds and instead of coming out with a new Sims series every 5 years take them to a new level.
  • Options
    shelly962shelly962 Posts: 1 New Member
    having read all the various comments, there is not much more to add, except for the fact world adventures, island paradise ect., and all the magical creatures in Sims3 made the game hard to stay away from. You could always find something to do in your game. I have played The Sims since Sims1 and have all expansions and stuff packs for each set, and find Sims4 somewhat lacking compared to Sims2 and especially Sims3. Sims4 is quite frankly boring compared to the last two Sims sets. It would be extremely exciting to see expansion packs for Sims4 along the lines of World Adventures, Island paradise, worlds with magical creatures that have very enhanced abilities. These types of expansion packs along with a seasons of different climates and weather would make Sims4 awesome. I would be snatching them as soon as they came out. I have to agree that a Sims5 could wait a long while, lets make Sims4 unforgettable first.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member

This. Plus I always renovated the base camps to make them more fun & vacation like for the whole family. It was pretty easy to do, actually.

But I do like the idea of an EP that combines adventuring with fun & relaxation for the whole family.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    BaltiBalti Posts: 34 Member
    OK..

I'd absolutely LOOOVE a Tibet/Nepal Adventure destination world with snowy mountains..
    Exotic temples with monks and snow storms that keep you inside ( unless you want to die by getting stuck in snow or something or maybe stumble upon the rare Yeti ) and you could spend your time learning Kung Fu or meditating :D
    I'd 100% prefer this over a regular China/Japan/Korea/Mongolia/Thailand vacation or whatever.. This is the one I want the most more than any other destination pack <3

Also I'd really really like to have a UAE/Istanbul Middle Eastern Arabian inspired one.. With desert adventures on camels, camping under the starts in bedouin tents, belly dancing and spice/perfume/carpet markets etc and some exotic architecture! Maybe you could stumble upon magic lamps and genies if you were lucky.

I'd also really like to have back the Egyptian Adventure destination.. I never played Sims 3 and I love Egypt. Pyramid exploration, tombs, curses and archaeology!!

Ooooh and I'd definitely love a Venice destination focused on culture and like ballet/opera/theater/renaissance art and perhaps with it's own masquerade festival or ball :D Maybe they could include a historian/merchant career or perhaps opera-singing/ballet-dancing/acting/sculpturing/perfumery skills. Or tailoring and luxurious fabric shops. Hmm.. Or antique auctions! Lot's of possibilities.

I also wouldn't mind a tropical volcanic tiki island destination maybe inspired by Hawaii or something with beaches and natives that worship the volcano god, but I'm not as interested in this as the other ones now that we have Jungle Adventure and it would be somewhat similar world.

Maybe an Australian outback adventure world could have some potential with exotic and dangerous animals and maybe a career as a zoologist or poison/reptile collector. At least the nature would be a bit different..