Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Memories

I have disabled memories for my sims, as the screenshots illustrating the memories annoyed me, but I think that's not the solution. Is it possible to delete the automatically taken screenshots (not whole memories, just pics) and put other screenshots instead or just leave the picture "blank"? :neutral:
understand the significance of the signatures

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Keeping memories active will bog down the game save. It is advised to keep memories turned off. the memories will eventually cause game issues if they accumulate. There may be a mod to remove them entirely from memories that have already accumulated before you turned memories off . Ask @igazor
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The way to keep the existing memories but remove/change the images associated with them is to work with the TravelDB.package file in S3PE. It's really quite fussy and complicated even for those accustomed to working with package editing and not sure I would recommend that.

NRaas MasterController can be used to remove all memories entirely from all or selected sims. Reportedly that doesn't really remove them from the TravelDB file, just from the scrapbook system, so not sure that really accomplishes anything for the file bloat. Maybe it helps a little?

An alternative to keeping the memory system switched off entirely is to use a mod to control them. Up to 300 memories per sim, the max allowed, yes will bog the game down like crazy. Restricting that to the dozen or two one might call "important things," and suppressing the trivial ones that keep repeating, not nearly as much.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=446281
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    So...if it's better to play without memories, I'm going to keep them turned off.
    Thanks for the explanations! :mrgreen:
    understand the significance of the signatures