Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does MCCC Make Multiples More Likely?

nervousnervous Posts: 113 Member
Hey! I use MCCC (MC Command Center) in Sims 4 and it's very helpful, but I feel like it increases the chances of having twins/triplets/multiples? I left the max amount of babies in one pregnancy as the default, which is three. I didn't adjust any of the odds, either. Is this just coincidence? Because in one generation I've had quite a few multiples. It's a bit inconvenient, and I'd like to know if MCCC has anything to do with the increase.

Also, does trying for a baby when a sim is confirmed pregnant do anything? Or Woohooing? I set MCCC so that Woohooing has a very small chance of making the sim pregnant. Is it possible that Woohooing/trying for a baby during a pregnancy increases the amount of babies? Does anyone have an explanation? Thankssss.
really though...we need more musical instruments.

Comments

• Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I think it does. I have so many multiples now
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Yes I initially had it set to triplets (3 max), but I had to set the max to twins. My townies were having triplets like crazy...I mean this isn't realistic! lol
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't think so exactly. I think that's the game itself (I notice a lot of people who don't use mods still get lots of multiples), but you can actually set the limit in MC pregnancy. Also of you want only child for a specific sim, click on them to determine how many babies they'll have.

There is a Risky Woohoo option but it only activates unless the player presses it and sets a percentage for it.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I actually also feel like MCCC caused my Sims to have more multiples. I used to have no worries at all about having twins or triplets unless I had one of the reward traits or that lot trait, but now it feels like there's always a pretty fair chance that my Sims will have multiples!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    kasia0504kasia0504 Posts: 7 New Member
    It does but I think it can be turn off. I mean after I had 7 babies at home (I was so tired lol) I checked every option in MCCC and I remember I uncheck something and since then I had only one child pragnancies or twins (before that I always had triples or even 4 kids at once...)
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I did think so at first too. But then with the C&D patching I started a new save (baby challenge) without MCCC and guess what, my sim had triplets followed by twins. So what I think is that yes, MCCC does make it worse, but without it the odds of having multiples have greatly increased as well. Basically this means we're doomed anyway ;) Triplets and twins everywhere, rejoice!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2017
    In BG multiple chance is decided by a percentage, with higher number of babies having less of a chance to show.

I believe in MCCC multiples work via a random number generator that has a set range (1 to x, where x is maximum babies per pregnancy):
    • If you have it set to the default max of 3 (triplets) then there's a 33.3% chance of having each outcome (single birth, twins, triplets).
    • If you have it set to max 4 (quadruplets) there is a 25% chance of each outcome.

So yes, the chance is higher. I haven't found a way to adjust this yet.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I love to have twins for my sims. But sometimes they get overwhelming and I wonder, why did I allow them to have twins.
    I never had triplets until now. But I will check out my MCCC settings
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,575 Member
    nervous wrote: »
    Hey! I use MCCC (MC Command Center) in Sims 4 and it's very helpful, but I feel like it increases the chances of having twins/triplets/multiples? I left the max amount of babies in one pregnancy as the default, which is three. I didn't adjust any of the odds, either. Is this just coincidence? Because in one generation I've had quite a few multiples. It's a bit inconvenient, and I'd like to know if MCCC has anything to do with the increase.

Also, does trying for a baby when a sim is confirmed pregnant do anything? Or Woohooing? I set MCCC so that Woohooing has a very small chance of making the sim pregnant. Is it possible that Woohooing/trying for a baby during a pregnancy increases the amount of babies? Does anyone have an explanation? Thankssss.

A Sim cannot get pregnant twice, to answer the first question. If you find your Sim pregnant after trying for baby, via the MC Pregnancy command on the mod, then from there you can set the number and gender of this sim to be. If you're not checking it at any time during the pregnancy, this could be why you're seeing an uptick in multiples. I've noticed the default seems to be 3. I generally check right away after trying for baby, then set the number and gender that I want.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    In BG multiple chance is decided by a percentage, with higher number of babies having less of a chance to show.

I believe in MCCC multiples work via a random number generator that has a set range (1 to x, where x is maximum babies per pregnancy):
    • If you have it set to the default max of 3 (triplets) then there's a 33.3% chance of having each outcome (single birth, twins, triplets).
    • If you have it set to max 4 (quadruplets) there is a 25% chance of each outcome.

Adjust it by clicking on the parent to be. Click on the Sim and you should get a drop menu to adjust the number and gender of babies you want.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Adjust it by clicking on the parent to be. Click on the Sim and you should get a drop menu to adjust the number and gender of babies you want.

I don't want to manually choose the number of babies. I know I can do that. I like randomness. I just want to be able to adjust the frequency of multiples. I want multiple as a surprise occasionally, but not 66% of the time.
  • Options
    Queried this with Deaderpool on his Discord.

He says that it does work via an RGN but it's weighted towards the lower end (did not say how weighted though).

So setting it to the default 3 should mean more single and twins than triplets, and setting it to 2 should mean more singles than twins. The higher you have it set, the greater chance of multiples, but it isn't equally weighted (my bad).
  • Options
    air_showair_show Posts: 3 New Member
    Well it’s not weighted enough towards the lower numbers because my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims are popping out twins and triplets every other pregnancy across multiple save files.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited January 2018
    air_show wrote: »
    Well it’s not weighted enough towards the lower numbers because my plum sims are popping out twins and triplets every other pregnancy across multiple save files.

We discussed this pretty often on Discord:
    "The frequency of multiple births is based on your maximum offspring count.
    The higher it is, the higher the chances of multiples.
    It is a random number generated but it is weighted towards single and twins with it set to to the default of 3.
    With it set to 2, it is weighted towards having a single.
    With greater than 3, it increases the chances of multiples while decreasing the odds of single."

Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Maximum Offspring
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    @Bonxie I have it set to maximum of 4. If I set it to 2, does that automatically then mean that in a played household you won't be able to get triplets anymore at all? Or does it only involve the townie offspring
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    @Bonxie I have it set to maximum of 4. If I set it to 2, does that automatically then mean that in a played household you won't be able to get triplets anymore at all? Or does it only involve the townie offspring

Maximum allowable offspring just limits the number of babies to not be greater than the specified number. If one is specified, no twins or triplets will be born. If this value is set to 2 no triplets will be born. The maximum value for this setting is 6. The higher the number, the greater the odds to have multiple offspring at delivery.

It's a global setting, affecting all sims, no matter whether played or unplayed. But as always this could be individually overwritten with the MC Pregnancy part of the MCCC sim menu.
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • Options
    Thanks for clarifying. I thought it was like that, hence I never set it below 3
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    LadyLana1 wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying. I thought it was like that, hence I never set it below 3

Sorry - just got the answer, that my last statement is wrong. If max_offspring is set to two (2), maximum count for an manually initiated pregnancy with the Sim mccc menu is also 2 (two). Sorry for the confusion, but I was sure, that the sim menu always overwrites the global setting. Just like the flags do.
  • Options
    air_showair_show Posts: 3 New Member
    Mine has only ever been set to 3 and it still seems like literally every other pregnancy is twins or triplets.
  • Options
    rika1431rika1431 Posts: 28 Member
    I can't stop having multiples :D I tried to have twins my first pregnancy and was so happy when I did, then just wanted a single birth the second time so I could have three kids, but I got another set of twins! My multiples setting is 3, which is the default, but geez...I had it set higher before, and I had quadruplets! :#
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »
    air_show wrote: »
    Well it’s not weighted enough towards the lower numbers because my plum sims are popping out twins and triplets every other pregnancy across multiple save files.

We discussed this pretty often on Discord:
    "The frequency of multiple births is based on your maximum offspring count.
    The higher it is, the higher the chances of multiples.
    It is a random number generated but it is weighted towards single and twins with it set to to the default of 3.
    With it set to 2, it is weighted towards having a single.
    With greater than 3, it increases the chances of multiples while decreasing the odds of single."

Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Maximum Offspring

Gosh, I always check, after I learn my Sim is expecting. Then I change it to 1, and select how many males and females I want. Oh, you know what? I'm looking at the wrong thing. I better go change something before she has 10. I thought that was total. Do I feel silly, or what. :*
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    nervous wrote: »

Not in my own active Sims, but it seems to have a major affect on the inactive/townie Sims. Miko Ojo or Penny Pizzazz seem to wind up with multiples a lot (without benefit of husband). When I'm playing a couple, I've noticed that the Try for Baby option disappears when a Sim is pregnant, so I don't think Woohoo while pregnant has any affect on number of babies.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    metalchic24metalchic24 Posts: 7 New Member
    I set it so my sims had sextuplets there teens now
  • Options
    hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    Well my current sim was a twin. So far she had a single baby, triplets, twins and then another set of twins. I was sort of traumatised. Has anyone figured how to tone it down? I would love to! My max is also set to 3.