Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Used Laundry moodlet after cleaning

My sim is using a washtub and clothesline and every time I have the sim wash the clothes they are always listed as used instead of clean, sometimes they are listed as pristine until they are hung on the line. Anyone else having this issue? I have replaced the tub too, but no change.

Comments

• Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah. I do that each time. :\

*Edit* Must be a hidden skill involved as another sim just got pristine and it remained such...
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    I was wondering the same, because I get this sometimes too.

But then I was thinking about how much work cleaning clothes that way would be. Perhaps someone got tired and couldn't scrub them as well, making them more of a "used" quality clean than actually clean.

Usually I just put the load right back in the washtub after replacing the water and scrub again and it makes them clean.
    But it could very well be a glitch.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    I'm having this issue also atm, feels like a glitch to me since there is no reason why the laundry goes from pristine to used right when you place it on the clothesline.
    My sim is also neat and outdoorsy so he has been happy and in good moods while doing the washing plus using good additives.
    Other save with another household had no such issues.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I think it is a glitch as now the clothes are pristine when I move them to the clothesline and once they are hanging they are immediately dirty...
    I might just sell the tub and line as I am doing a Decades challenge and cannot get the washer and dryer.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Brand new pack and it's broken. What a surprise. Maybe we should focus on the 'rustic' parts of it and ignore the laundry.
  • Options
    Damara_RoseDamara_Rose Posts: 1 New Member
    I might be a bit late but I'm also having a similar issue with the washer and dryer as well, where I'll move the recently washed clothes into the dryer and dry them, and when I come back later to rotate everything it's read as "Dry Used." I have this happen quite often with them. Sometimes multiple days straight. Even after replacing multiple times. I can't tell if this is a glitch or if this is supposed to be part of the gameplay as a "realism" feature. Such as electronics being faulty at times. But it is kinda annoying.