Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to play

Can anyone help me please. I've got an MSI gaming laptop. Every time I try to play, the game freezes after about 5 mins. I have 120 SSD so when installing I directed Origin to D Drive and a file I'd set up there for it. I also set up an EA folder in D Drive documents and directed all expansions there. I have tried to move the Sims 3 folder and do a clean game but for some reason this doesn't work and instead tells me I need to download the games again. I have also tried playing without any packs enabled and no mods or CC but nothing works. I have obviously done something wrong as it worked on my old weaker laptop with everything installed but I can't work out where I'm going wrong. I have a GTX 1050 card which isn't recognised but I have set the fps to 60. I disabled my One Drive as this caused a few problems before I reset the computer. I'm not very computer minded but will gratefully receive any advice. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2018
    Are you getting any errors? There was a new windows 10 update that seems to be effecting the sims 3 and 4.. I don't know if this will help your issue but worth a shot. The op in below thread had issues with sims 3 and 4 because of a windows update

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934085/sims-4-error-on-loading#latest
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    I’m not getting any errors. It just freezes & doesn’t start again. I’ll try the advice on there though & see if it helps. Thanks.
  • Options
    No that’s not worked. I start a game, play a few minutes then it just stick & stays stuck. I don’t know what’s wrong.
  • Options
    I take it back. I’ve just started again & it’s not stuck yet and it’s been much longer than when I’ve tried before. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Can I just ask if it matters too much about graphics card. I’ve looked at instructions & seems quite complicated to get it recognised.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    Lilia1971 wrote: »
    Can I just ask if it matters too much about graphics card. I’ve looked at instructions & seems quite complicated to get it recognised.
    If you send me a copy/paste of the first 40 lines or so of your DeviceConfig.log (it's a file in the user game folder) by PM, not the long lists of game options after the beginning sections as we don't need those, I can give you easier to follow instructions to get formal graphics card recognition. It doesn't always help anything, for some it does, but it can't make things any worse if it's done correctly.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net