Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 1 light bulb

michal19191919michal19191919 Posts: 4 New Member
Somebody know what I have to do to can repair light bulb? I have all EP, I think that it need path.

Comments

• Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited June 2016
    Pay your bill.

EDIT:
    Ah, wait a minute - I could have sworn this was in the TS4 forum.
  • Options
    Could you find it? I'm new here, thanks for help :)
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Repairmen fix lightbulbs...I'm pretty sure anyway.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    You need to make sure nothing is in the way. For example, if you have a sofa or chair against the wall under a wall-lamp, the repairman will not be able to change the bulb.
  • Options
    No, the point is that lamps don't want to break down
  • Options
    sorry for dubble, but...
    ttp://i.imgur.com/sDJ1TqE.png
    (I can't post images, lol, add "h")
    i'm so happy :D
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Unlike the later games such as The Sims 2 on Windows. The Sims and The Sims Bustin' Out had bulbs that burn out so you had ton replace them to they could light again. These games as well as The Urbz also had Sims turn on or off the bulbs. However, the problem lights can have is that you'll have to move the objects out of the way (e.g., Sofa against the wall with a wall lamp) to change the bulb.

In The Sims 2 onwards (excluding The Urbz: Sims in the City), you just click to turn on the light and they never burn out.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    HoverDrumsHoverDrums Posts: 13 New Member
    Whaaat? That was a thing? Just did a quick Google search- of course I wouldn't know... too bad it was removed with one of the expansions.
  • Options
    zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    fix bulb has been deprecated from later version TS1 / TSO, but yes, you still can view the codes in TSO "lightsemiglobal"
  • Options
    but "fix bulb" function still retain in the sims bustin'out console version
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I remember it. One of the expansions removed it. But in The Sims 1, it was possible at one point to get electrocuted to death by changing a light bulb. It's so much harder to die in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    > @WarGreymon77 said:
    > I remember it. One of the expansions removed it. But in The Sims 1, it was possible at one point to get electrocuted to death by changing a light bulb. It's so much harder to die in The Sims 2.

i don't know why Maxis/EA removed it both in TS1/TSO?
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    zero35 wrote: »
    > @WarGreymon77 said:
    > I remember it. One of the expansions removed it. But in The Sims 1, it was possible at one point to get electrocuted to death by changing a light bulb. It's so much harder to die in The Sims 2.

i don't know why Maxis/EA removed it both in TS1/TSO?

They probably removed the feature because they added ceiling and wall lights in later TS1 expansions, plus lights didn't have to be accessible by Sims anymore.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This is so crazy. I kind of wish lightbulbs could still break. Would be pretty cool to see sims go up latters to change light bulbs on the selling.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    This is so crazy. I kind of wish lightbulbs could still break. Would be pretty cool to see sims go up latters to change light bulbs on the selling.

Who knows, maybe The Sims 5 could have lightbulbs that break.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400