Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anybody good at photoshop?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
edited December 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Hello, I opened my photoshop elements but my mouse cursor looks very weird. The cursor looks like this on crop tool, move tool, hand tool, zoom tool, etc. The cursor looks fine on T tool, selection tool brush tool, eraser tool and lasso tool. How can I get the proper cursor shape back? Here's the image I can see on photoshop elements. The mouse cursor looks like a lot of tiny image collections. I'm having this issue on windows 10 in Boot camp of my imac.

IMG_0425.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    I'm good at Photoshop but I don't use Photoshop Element. But this looks more like a software issue.
    Maybe it's cuz you are using Windows OS on an iMac?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    BokinBokin Posts: 42 Member
    I am proficient in photoshop as well and I must agree with DeKay that this looks like a software/OS issue
    tumblr_p0rpdzaKbo1try09fo1_400.gif
    Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. Then the trust thing comes afterwards.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm good at Photoshop but I don't use Photoshop Element. But this looks more like a software issue.
    Thanks. I wish it might not cause this issue from Pc on bootcamp because Photoshop and computer are so expensive to get a new one. Is there a cheaper way to get a new photoshop for pc? I really don't like to get it in illegal way.

• Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Thanks. I wish it might not cause this issue from Pc on bootcamp because Photoshop and computer are so expensive to get a new one. Is there a cheaper way to get a new photoshop for pc? I really don't like to get it in illegal way.

Nope. And now PS uses subscriptions too which means you have to pay it every month.

You can try to use GIMP. It's a free photo editing software. And it's open source which means you can install plugins into it very easily.

https://www.gimp.org/
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Nope. And now PS uses subscriptions too which means you have to pay it every month.

You can try to use GIMP. It's a free photo editing software. And it's open source which means you can install plugins into it very easily.

https://www.gimp.org/

I've used GIMP before but all the shortcut keys are different to Photoshop, so it's really hard to get used to it.

• Options
    Oh okay. Well, you can always change the shortcuts easily using Edit > Preferences. Then set them to your preference.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Oh okay. Well, you can always change the shortcuts easily using Edit > Preferences. Then set them to your preference.
    wow!! That's great news! Thank you very much! :D
  • Options
    You're welcome. ^^
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    @Jeansoo Sounds really dumb, but have you tried uninstalling and re-installing? It might reset/fix the cursor, but I honestly don't know.

And I used to use Photoshop Elements too; I'm surprised you hadn't changed to a different program earlier, since Elements is really restricted in what you can do on it! xD
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Wait wait wait I think I just found a solution to the issue:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/three-cursors-display-photoshop-bridge.html

I managed to find a forum with people having the exact same issue, and apparently that worked! Here's the forum posts if you're curious, or the solution doesn't work (there could be other ones in the comments, but the one I linked above was the top answer)! :)
    https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/move_tool_does_not_look_correct_and_is_almost_impossible_to_use?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all
  • Options
    @DarkSuperNinja

Wow! Thanks very much. I will try this tonight!
  • Options
    @DarkSuperNinja

Thank you very much for the info. Changing display font size to 149 worked! Thank you again!
  • Options
    @DarkSuperNinja

Thank you very much for the info. Changing display font size to 149 worked! Thank you again!
    You're very welcome! I always seem to run into glitches whenever I do anything technology-based, so I'm pretty good at finding solutions nowadays! ;)