Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hi, I'm trying to get Windows 10 on web and need a help

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
I searched on internet and found 3 sites.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ae/store/collections/windows/?invsrc=search&OCID=AID620866_SEM_WigWMgAABfLPk1iv:20171206161313:s&s_kwcid=AL!4249!3!214090722173!e!!g!!purchase windows 10&ef_id=WigWMgAABfLPk1iv:20171206161313:s

This is micro soft store and It sells with normal price.

https://www.digitalsoftwaremarket.com/product-category/windows/

This is the one I can buy in half price

https://mrsoftwaretech.com/collections/operating-system/products/windows-10-home?variant=4598954164258&gclid=CjwKCAiAx57RBRBkEiwA8yZdUFOJq2tlIXaPpyiQFPb24L3V97u73K50T6bGNv_5wDRQZuM5FagjbRoCUlwQAvD_BwE

This site says the price is only 56 use?

Of course, I want to get the descent one and if it's cheaper, then it will be even better but I don't want to be reipped off. Would you recommend a good web site to buy windows 10 with cheaper price? Thanks very much.

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I'd be wary of any site that discounts OS licenses. The keys may be obtained through illegal means.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Jeansoo I'd bite the bullet and get Microsoft's own download as it should be up-to-date and legal and you can get support if things go wrong with your install.. You might find products bought elsewhere are not legal and also out of date. You could download it to USB as you have that option on their site as well as a couple of versions. I don't know if they do student versions of 10 but if you are one you could ask.

First though I should go to your PC manufacturers' Support site and download any Windows 10 drivers you can find for your machine and look to see if your PC can actually run 10. My Kabylake processors weren't supported at first and HP upgraded them after lots of complaints.

First do a lot of reading as to what you get and what is not included and that your peripherals, such as external hard disks and cd drives may not be supported. My external DVD player wasn't. You'll need something like the free VLC player to run DVD films as Microsoft charges for it's own.

Also backup your old version and documents etc. first to an external hard drive if everything fails to install.

This is just based on my own experience and you might get better advice from somewhere like Tom's Hardware etc.
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    I'd be wary of any site that discounts OS licenses. The keys may be obtained through illegal means.
    Thank. you. Yes I'm afraid of that too. That's why I wanted to ask here.

• Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'd bite the bullet and get Microsoft's own download as it should be up-to-date and legal and you can get support if things go wrong with your install.. You might find products bought elsewhere are not legal and also out of date. You could download it to USB as you have that option on their site as well as a couple of versions. I don't know if they do student versions of 10 but if you are one you could ask.

First though I should go to your PC manufacturers' Support site and download any Windows 10 drivers you can find for your machine and look to see if your PC can actually run 10. My Kabylake processors weren't supported at first and HP upgraded them after lots of complaints.

First do a lot of reading as to what you get and what is not included and that your peripherals, such as external hard disks and cd drives may not be supported. My external DVD player wasn't. You'll need something like the free VLC player to run DVD films as Microsoft charges for it's own.

Also backup your old version and documents etc. to an external hard drive if everything fails to install.

Thanks for the very caring help. Actually, I expected the sims 3 runs smoothly on m iMac, but looks like it's failed on high sierra. So I'm planning to create a bootcamp and want to install the windows10 there. I think I better get from MS store in proper price. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @jeansoo You're welcome. I hope it all works out for you. The download and install takes a long time and you might think it's failing. Give it a couple of hours! I know nothing about Macs! :o:o
  • Options
    @Simburian Thank you so much. :D