Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't place the Old Mill lot

I've just bought the Old Mill set and I'm trying to place the lot in Hidden Springs where I'm playing but it won't let me place it on either an empty 60 x 60 or 64 x 64 lot, when I go to put the lot down the little icon disappears and I can't place it, am I doing something wrong? I've tried setting it to no visitors allowed etc. Help appreciated!
tumblr_n3knr0AooC1sbvx0oo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Unless I am really missing something, The Old Mill is a set of items. There is no venue associated with the Old Mill set; you have to build your own. What lot are you trying to place? Did you download a lot from the exchange?
  • Options
    venomistressvenomistress Posts: 66 Member
    Is the lot set to Residential or Community?
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,357 Member
    The Old Mill lot is by SimGuruKitty and is here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8314506
  • Options
    If you're placing it in Sunset Valley the Stoney Falls lot that goes next door to it is tweaked to fit the Old Mill better here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8314505
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've just bought the Old Mill set and I'm trying to place the lot in Hidden Springs where I'm playing but it won't let me place it on either an empty 60 x 60 or 64 x 64 lot, when I go to put the lot down the little icon disappears and I can't place it, am I doing something wrong? I've tried setting it to no visitors allowed etc. Help appreciated!

That often happens with any bin lot if the lot in the world isn't completely empty of visible and hidden objects (like spawners). To completely remove anything on the HS lot, use the bulldozer tool, but first go into Build/Buy mode on the lot and place something on it. I typically use a few floor tiles. This ensures that the bulldozer tool won't delete the actual lot grid (which it will do if the lot is actually empty of all objects). At this point you might want to enable buydebug and remove any spawners. After placing some floor tiles (or a rock, or whatever) go back to Edit Town and bulldoze the lot. Then try placing the the lot from the bin.

Save your game before you do anything in Edit Town; there's no undo button.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Thanks, @ZeeGee! I had no idea the lot was available on the Exchange.
  • Options
    @1need4kaffee You're welcome! It's an awesome lot.