Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 University Life No Disk Found Glitch (Mac)

Hi,
My friend has been having a lot of trouble with installing her Sims 3 game.
Her expansions packs that she have bought are:
The Sims™ 3 High End Loft Stuff
The Sims™ 3 Late Night
The Sims™ 3 Pets
The Sims™ 3 University Life

Her issue is, whenever she tries to click on the play button on the launcher, she gets an error message that says something like "No disk found". The problem is that she bought the base game and her 4 expansion/stuff packs digitally and not on a disk. So why does she get this error message, and how does she fix it? She is on a Mac.
Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Options
    hmg337hmg337 Posts: 191 Member
    edited May 2017
    @CrystalMiner2364, In any case, The Mac version of the game always uses 2 GB of RAM regardless of how much memory is installed. The game is also allowed to use up to 800 MB of Video Memory. My Mac is a very old and lopsided mac. It has 16 GB of RAM, which is 8 times the maximum memory usage I could use, but it only has 256 MB of Video Memory, so I can't make the settings any higher than Low-moderate definition. I have 3 expansions...All CD versions. Ambitions, Seasons, and Into the future. It's a pluming shame that I'll have to wait until I get a new computer to enjoy the benefits of the game, whether it be Windows or Mac.

In this case, the post above can be very helpful. If you happen to come across any issues, like Store Content files uninstalling themselves, then I can help you with that. Just pm me and I'll help you.