Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Little Things: Base Game Edition.

CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
edited April 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
[FAQ: We're Now Adding Game Packs!]
[FAQ: We're Now Adding New Recipes!]

The Little Things
Hi guys,
I've thought of something we could do as a community which we already do anyways. What I've done is thought of a way to get the developers to add more detail and features into the future expansion packs to make them more realistic.
Expansion Packs:
Seasons Expansion: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15050974#Comment_15050974
Pets Expansion: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/895390/the-little-things-pets-expansion/p1?new=1
Generations Expansion: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896022/the-little-things-generations-expansion#latest
Base Game Edition: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/896174/the-little-things-base-game-edition/p1?new=1
City Living Expansion: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/904730/the-little-things-city-living/p1?new=1
Others To Come Shortly.
Game Packs: *NEW*
Family Game Pack: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915854/the-little-things-family-game-pack#latest *NEW*
Granite Falls Pack: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916340/the-little-things-granite-falls-edition/p1?new=1 *NEW*
Base Game Edition:
Idea #1: Sleep overs for children. -@BenjaminBankss
Idea #2: Stroller/pram to take babies along with us [#FREETHEBABIES]. -@lalikingx
Idea #3: Baby showers. -@lalkingx
Idea #4: Prom/homecoming. -@lalikingx
Idea #5: Family Reunions. -@lalikingx
Idea #6: Pool Parties. -@lalikingx
Idea #7: Funeral event. -@lalikingx
Idea #8: Engagement parties. -@lalikingx
Idea #9: Bachelor/bachelorette parties. -@lalikingx
Idea #10: Male sims could ask their girlfriends parents for permission to wed. -@lalikingx
Idea #11: Banks accounts, in which you can have a separate account or a shared one. -@lalikingx
Idea #12: Loans payments, in which will have to be payed within the certain time limit. -@lalikingx
Idea #13: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15687624#Comment_15687624 [Ideas from @lalikingx with loads of them]
Idea #14: Police, fire brigade and burglar npc. -@Ghjdied
Idea #15: Laptops. -@Meadowrayne
Idea #16: Repo-man, Repo-woman. -@BenjaminBankss
FAQ* - You're welcome post your ideas to the board and I shall post your name next to the idea you have posted.
Added.Buffs:
Idea #1:
Added.Traits:
Idea #1:
'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
"Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
oGh7KNi.gif
Post edited by Cunningham on

Comments

• Options

*FAQ* - These would be added through a patch, and everyone will get them when they've just bought the game.
    These ideas are an add-on to the base game in which we can give ideas what should've already been in the base game itself. Just remember thinks that are little and not big...just like toddlers are too big. An example 'sleep overs'
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    lalikingxlalikingx Posts: 3 New Member
    Travelling with baby Sims, with like a stroller. I hate travelling with my entire family EXCEPT my baby
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    lalikingx wrote: »
    Travelling with baby Sims, with like a stroller. I hate travelling with my entire family EXCEPT my baby

#FREETHEBABIES
  • Options
    ghjdiedghjdied Posts: 56 Member
    Piercings, the ability to lounge, babysitters (teens), more toddler hairs, new lot traits, maybe a stage tool (is that considered big?). The ability to run, the ability to choose whether to "walk", "job", or "run here". Police and burgeler NPCs. Ability to "set table". Zodiac signs, likes and dislikes, and favorites. Coward trait (fear emotion is this also to big?).

I know you said nothing big but I still think one day we'll get cars added to the base game in prep for a pack dedicated to traveling.

Anyway that's all I can think of for the moment. :)
  • Options
    lalikingxlalikingx Posts: 3 New Member

POSSIBLE EVENTS
    -Baby Showers
    -Prom
    -Family Reunions
    -Pool Parties
    -Slumber Parties (Child--> Teen)
    -Funeral
    -Engagement Party
    -Bachelor or Bachelorette Party

CAREER IDEAS
    -Maybe not in the base game but a career idea.
    INTERIOR DESIGN/ARCHITECTURE
    They could design their own homes and stuff, it'd be pretty cool and stuff. It is a bit complex so maybe not for the base game but whatevs

FEATURES:
    -If you're engaged/dating (YA) a Sims, you automatically know their immediate family, I think it's weird finally meet the brother (eg) on the wedding day
    -CARS. Even if you can't get into them, but like you can click them to travel and stuff. Or if your Sims can't afford a car, you can like "Call a taxi" or something and then pay them depending on whether you're traveling through towns or not. I feel like disappearing into thin air is kinda strange idk.
    -Season changes, this was discussed on the Seasons EP Thread but it'd be pretty cool, and you can choose your favourite season.
    -Height Sliders: I'm pretty sure there are mods for this, but it'd be cool if people who don't necessarily like mods, could have it too you know.
    -In regards to height sliders, I think the type of shoes a Sim wears should determine their height. (In my opinion) My Sims height doesn't change whether she's wearing heels or flats idk.
    -When you reach (I think) Level 5 Charisma, you can start a Social Media Account. It'd be cool if when you reach certain Follower Milestones you could get Happy or Confident or something. Like 1k followers, 10k, 100k, 1mil, 10mil etc.
    -In Sims 3, there was a lot more detail in terms of personalities in CAS. Like fave colour, food etc. I'd really like them to bring that back, just for old-times sake you know. And it could also affect emotions within the gameplay, for example, they like the curtains because their favourite colour is blue.
    -MALLS. OMG. It'd be cool if they could introduce malls, it might be a stretch but it's an idea. We could also use bank cards for this
    (eg) If my teen goes to the mall with her friends, instead of using her "parents money" she could use her "own" if that makes sense.
    -Engaged Sims can go Try on Wedding Dresses, and go Cake Tasting and choose the theme for their wedding. I feel like, they wedding is such a simple event, but I would like it to be a bigger deal.
    -Inviting a household/family, instead of one Sim at a time
    -Summer Vacation: Sims could have 10-30 days off during a season change [Summer] obviously depends on lifespan
    10 Days: Short
    20 Days: Medium
    30 Days: Long
    -More hair for toddlers, trying to find quality CC is a real struggle guys
    -Cliques at schools, after its made interactive. "The Jocks", "The Populars", "The Geeks" etc.
    -With regards to cliques, girls can try out for the cheerleading team, boys can try out for the football team, musical prodigy's for the marching band and geniuses can join the mathletes/debate club etc.

INTERACTIONS:
    -Guy could ask girlfriend's dad to marry her idk
    -Getting loans from the bank, like to buy a new house or something idk??
    -Engaged Sims could sign Prenuptial Agreement w partner
    This would separate bank accounts when they get married and live together.
    -GrandParents have more "Story Telling" Options with GrandKids

CHILD IDEAS:
    -Group Play Dates would be cool
    -Identifying twins as twins instead of regular siblings. And having like special twin abilities and stuff. And also, if you have Twins siblings and you're not one of them you could feel left out etc. idk
    -Making school interactive: It'd be awesome to go to school with one of our Sims, like alternate it if you have more than one child. LIke we could help them with schoolwork, and choices, and getting Grade Promotions etc.
    -Step Mom/Dad/Sibling Relationship Status
    *If my Sims gets remarried, or the other Sim has a child, their relationship is just "Roommate" it'd be cool to have a Step Relative Status, and like, the kids hate the step parent or are jealous of the step-sibling or something like that

TEEN IDEAS:
    -Prom would be amazing
    -Teens could get acne etc.
    -Teenage Boy could ask father for permission to date his daughter
    -Bank cards/accounts for each individual family member (From Teen)
    (eg)When my teen earns money from his/her job, all the money goes into the Household Funds, so they can't spend it separately if that makes sense??
    -Obviously, this wouldn't work in the base game (it's too complex) but college and the teens/ya could study certain degrees and could only be limited to certain jobs because of that.
    -Independent Trait that continues from Toddler stage, like introduce it again at the teenage stage or something
    -Teens & YA could "binge watch shows" or something, and be very into social media and stuff
    -Allowances/Pocket Money. This could be a weekly thing for your child/teenage Sim. Where you give them (a chosen) amount of money every week or something, that could be loaded onto their"personal account" (mentioned above)
    -PreTeen stage: I feel like one minute you're like 9, and then you age up and look 15/16?? I feel like there needs to be a stage where you're not exactly a child but a teenager either. Just for a bit of realisticness
    -Rebellious Trait for Teens, I feel like Evil is a bit drastic for a Teenager, like they're still discovering who they are. So like they could be a bit rebellious idk.
    -Orphanages, where you can visit and actually interact with the kids instead of ordering one online and letting it appear on your doorstep.
    ALSO: Teens can volunteer at orphanages, that'd be pretty cool.
    -Making school interactive: It'd be awesome to go to school with one of our Sims, like alternate it if you have more than one child. LIke we could help them with schoolwork, and choices, and getting Grade Promotions etc.
    -With the Prom Event mentioned above and the Interactive School feature, we could have Male/Female Teens (depending on sexuality) give out Mums and Plan Promposals etc. and (with the Mall Feature) We could have girls go shopping for Prom Dresses and stuff, like make it a fun experience idk
    -If they consider cars for TS4, and they make them more interactive than my "Travel" Feature mentioned above, then PLEASE bring back teens learning to drive, like it'd be gold.
    -With regards to the Prom Event & Interactive Schools, teens can run for Prom Queen/King. Like they can vote, create campaigns, make cookies for classmates etc.
    -On Prom Day, after school, all the girl's friends could come over and get ready, they could take photos and have fun together
    -Identifying twins as twins instead of regular siblings. And having like special twin abilities and stuff. And also, if you have Twins siblings and you're not one of them you could feel left out etc. idk
    -Step Mom/Dad/Sibling Relationship Status
    *If my Sims gets remarried, or the other Sim has a child, their relationship is just "Roommate" it'd be cool to have a Step Relative Status, and like, the kids hate the step parent or are jealous of the step-sibling or something like that

Sorry this is extremely long, I just had a lot of ideas I needed to express <3
  • Options
    meadowraynemeadowrayne Posts: 38 Member
    I would love a Seasons EP. It was my favourite EP from Sims 3.
    More events!
    -Wedding shower (Give household things)
    -1st birthday party, the day after a baby ages to a toddler, cake smashing cute decor, all that.

Objects
    -Laundry Objects Washer/Dryer
    -More Kitchen decor items
    -Laptops
    -More toddler objects
    -I'd like to see Cars in the future

Something else:
    When a sim has a child, the hair matches the eyebrows not the hair color. I use dark eyebrows and light hair to give the look of coloured hair. Then when my sim has a kid the hair matches the blonde or red of the hair color not the darker eyebrows,

• Options
    joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    This is so awesome!
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • Options
    shekinhashekinha Posts: 3 New Member
    Honestly, I would love to see lots of things carried over from the sims 3.

1. Open world; freedom to go anywhere without a load screen (Though load screens are not long for me - 15ish seconds)
    2. Functional Cars
    3. Vacations Spots (World Adventures)
    4. Improved Beaches
    5. Water lots (Island Paradise)
    6. Functional Boats
    7. Bigger Worlds; more lots (e.g from Late Night)
    8. Sim World Editor
    9. Seasons, seasons, seasons!!!!! (lol)
    10. More entertainment venues

Overall, I just want better game play that will not bore me without having to add thousands of mods. With the pasts Sims,I felt like every cent that I spent was actually worth it because I never got bored. I own about 25+ sims franchise expansions/stuff packs that date back to the original Sims. I expected the sims 4 to be bigger and better than the last. This is not to discredit the creators at all. The game does have some great features. I absolutely love the emotional auras, the graphics, the CAS details, lot traits, and the ability for your household to go to other worlds. However, if it weren't for the amazing mods create by my fellow simmers, I would not touch the game.

I do not want to see anymore stuff packs for the sims 4. At this point, if it does not have a world attached then it should be a patch/update.
  • Options
    Updated the thread with those new ideas, ideas are still welcome. Remember to check out our other threads.
    Information: Remember that this is a little suggestion page in which something which is the tiniest change but could change how we play.
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    Neesha99Neesha99 Posts: 19 Member
    (I am a new member and cannot create new discussions, so I am posting my idea here).

One idea I would like to see in The Sims 4 is being able to pick your Sims skills in CAS before you start gameplay. I think this idea will impact the gameplay of many simmers, especially if they like to have a storyline. For example, if I had a Sim who wanted to be a bodybuilder, it would be useful for him to already have a level 5 in the fitness skill, which means I don't have to spend as much time levelling up the skill from level 1, whilst trying to focus on other things in the game. I know I could use cheats, however I think this is an easier and practical method; it would be good if these skills also stay with the Sim when they get uploaded onto the gallery (for example, if someone creates a chef, he/she could have a level 10 in cooking).
  • Options
    AbigalFlynnTheSimAbigalFlynnTheSim Posts: 16 Member
    I realllllllllly want more skills. I'd love maybe more instruments and creative ones.
    Some ideas are:
    -Drums
    -Photo editing/Extension on the photography skill, maybe even a career?
    -Sewing
    -Brass instruments (Trumpet/Trombone etc)
    -Makeup/Hair Styling skill?