Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Delayed animations

I have a problem with the animations of my sims. Their animation becomes choppy. For example walking animations pause for a second and keep going while everything else is fine. It looks as if you can see when the next animation is playing instead of it being fluid. I have custom content but no mods, I've recently toggled with the graphic settings.

These are my specs:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)

Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    The nVidia 320M is going to struggle with this game, especially as packs and patches are released. It was a very low end card when it was released, and now at going 7 years old, it's practically ancient.

That being said, if you notice that background animations and such are continuing while sims freeze, try entering the cheat "resetsim *" - there may be a sim somewhere in the immediate area who is stuck or is off doing something stupid that the game is having a hard time fixing, as per this article. Resetting all of the sims in that world will send them all back to their home location, and will remedy the game stopping every few seconds to try to fix the stuck sim(s) in question. Note that this may only work for a short while, until another sim wanders off and gets stuck.
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Does it happen as noticeably without the CC?
    apple-signature.png