Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just downloaded, and I can't get Sims 4 to work =(

Hi!
I just downloaded Sims 4 for the first time, and when I click on play it screen resolution is greatly decreased and I get a black screen with the cursor stuck in the lower left corner. I can move the cursor a little but it snaps back to the corner immediately. I have had to force quit each time. I am running a iMac 5k 27" with a 4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 32 GB of 1867MHz DDR3 memory, and a 4Gb AMD Radeon R9 M395X graphics card.
So far I've tried uninstall reinstall, updating my drivers (which were up to date), ensured I was running the latest version of macOS Sierra (I am) and quitting origin and launching from the icon in my apps folder (which just opened up origin, prompted me to sign in and then tried to launch Sims 4 but got the same result).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
TY!

Comments

• Options
    BubsGirl291BubsGirl291 Posts: 49 New Member
    Have you tried uninstalling the Sims 4 and reinstalling, or maybe it has updates that might be preventing you from logging on... I am not sure if it will charge you to reinstall, so I would be cautious, but if you are willing, than you could try those options. I hope that this helped! :)
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    How did you try to update your drivers? All drivers come from Apple in software updates, unless it's a very rare occasion like the NVIDIA/El Capitan issue.

Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and trash the Options.ini file. Now launch your game, does it happen again?

If it still doesn't work can you try toggling between full screen and windowed by holding down CTRL, CMD and F? That may kickstart the resolution properly.

You don't have any Mods/CC installed do you?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    And you won't ever be charged to reinstall. The game is added to your EA/Origin account forever.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    AmyArwynRNAmyArwynRN Posts: 2 New Member
    CTRL, CMD, F worked! It windowed my screen in proper resolution and from there I could make the window fullscreen. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Lovely :)
    apple-signature.png