Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can it be on a PC and a Mac

So when Sims 4 came out, I got it for PC(which is what my parents have), but I own a Mac. Its been kinda slow lately(my Mac) so I want to download sims and see if it works. Will I still be able to play on the Pc? or switch back to Pc if Mac doesn't work? or am i stuck with Mac, or can I only have the game on one computar? cause I don't want to find that it doesn't work on my Mac and not be able to play my families on the Pc((and I have a Blog so I would be devastated)
Be kind :)

Comments

• Options
    ErikTheRodErikTheRod Posts: 47 Member
    You need not worry about that.

Your Sims 4 license will be tied to your Origin account, so you do not need to worry about which computer/platform it is installed on. You can play on any PC or Mac with the game installed by logging into your Origin account.

The Origin service handles enforcing that your account is not running two separate Sims 4 instances simultaneously (like your friend using your Origin account to play at the same time). You can boot back and forth from PC to Mac all you like, install on separate computers, will not make a difference.
  • Options
    ckrulesinakckrulesinak Posts: 407 Member
    ErikTheRod wrote: »
    You need not worry about that.

Your Sims 4 license will be tied to your Origin account, so you do not need to worry about which computer/platform it is installed on. You can play on any PC or Mac with the game installed by logging into your Origin account.

The Origin service handles enforcing that your account is not running two separate Sims 4 instances simultaneously (like your friend using your Origin account to play at the same time). You can boot back and forth from PC to Mac all you like, install on separate computers, will not make a difference.
    *big sigh of relief*
    OMG thank you :)

Be kind :)
  • Options
    ErikTheRodErikTheRod Posts: 47 Member
    Yup! I am not entirely sure how the game-saves and households will transfer between installations/computers, but you won't be locked out of playing!