Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Webtoons

AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
Webtoons are comics in South Korea (an equivalent of Japanese Manga), panels and flow of reading are arranged top to bottom, and vertical size varies, and they are mostly colored. There aren't many of them available in English but I'm curious if anyone else reads them.

A few favorites of mine would be
  • Lessa the Crimson Knight
  • Ties of Compassion
  • Children's Teacher, Mr. Kwon

Feel free to discuss and recommend. :)
muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png

Comments

• Options
    MrGodardMrGodard Posts: 713 Member
    Sorry for coming in here as an ignorant person, but I was curious ;)

I looked at your favorites and liked Ties of Compassion best so far, will continue reading the first chapters tomorrow on the commute, thanks :)
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    so... is there nudity involved
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    @MrGodard - If you love light hearted comedy, you're gonna enjoy Ties of Compassion, the protagonist is really adorable with her happy go lucky attitude in life. I read a lot of manga, but reading webtoons is a refreshing break. :)

@cauliflowers - I don't really know. Probably? There aren't many webtoons translated in English yet. But there are a lot of webcomics out there and most of them are free. lol ;)
  • Options
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    @MrGodard - If you love light hearted comedy, you're gonna enjoy Ties of Compassion, the protagonist is really adorable with her happy go lucky attitude in life. I read a lot of manga, but reading webtoons is a refreshing break. :)

Light hearted comedy is exactly what I like best :) And although this is (probably?) Korean, it will still help me getting into the right mood for the Studio Ghibli exhibit I'll be seeing this week. Very excited :D
  • Options
    :open_mouth: you're going to a Ghibli exhibit? That's awesome!! I'd give anything just to see that. <3

The ones I mentioned are translated to english, and the webtoons is still ongoing, the Korean chapters are already far ahead compared to the translated ones. But the fans are doing the best they can to keep up with the scanlations. :)
  • Options
    AnnePlays wrote: »
    :open_mouth: you're going to a Ghibli exhibit? That's awesome!! I'd give anything just to see that. <3

The ones I mentioned are translated to english, and the webtoons is still ongoing, the Korean chapters are already far ahead compared to the translated ones. But the fans are doing the best they can to keep up with the scanlations. :)

I'll take pictures :)

I was browsing through the site and there are already many titles in English, so I won't finish anytime soon ;) Thank you again for the tip!

• Options
    LilybellsLilybells Posts: 71 Member
    Did you ever see that scary one with the schoolgirl walking home in the dark?? Gave me nightmares for a week! So terrifying.
    tumblr_inline_n8rrt8GvSh1rj4zgt.gif
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    edited November 2014
    Lilybells wrote: »
    Did you ever see that scary one with the schoolgirl walking home in the dark?? Gave me nightmares for a week! So terrifying.

hmm
    http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue

enjoy the night
    TL8ZBmw.gif