Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Theory: Sylvan Glade representing almost all supernatur in the Sims franchise

BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
Hi, after a brain storm today I came up with this theory about Sylvan Glade having a connection to almost all supernatural themes in the franchise.

Fairies:
The mushroom circle (also known as fairy circle).
Vampires:
The red eyes are strikingly similar to those shown in the Vampires teaser. In addition, vampires are immune to the sun in Sylvan Glade.
Witches, Bigfoot, Zombies Werevolves:
The creepy part of Sylvan Glade fits the classical settings to these supernatural beings. In some depictions, witches used mushroom rings.
Ghosts:
The mist of the creepy area can resemble that of which ghosts are often depicted to have.
Imaginary Friend:
The joyful part of Sylvan Glade has the innocence of sim children who played with imaginary friends.
Plantsims:
To reach the Glade, you have to think like a Plantsim. Who else but a Plantsim would talk to a tree to enter a world of nature?
Mermaids:
The lake in Sylvan Glade.
Unicorns:
The rainbow on top of the lake.
Sims 1 Charms:
There was a charm called "Beauty or Beast". The joyful and creepy parts of Sylvan Glade represent beauty, and beast.
Grim Reaper / After life
A glowing white light shines above the lake. Such light is often associated with passing away, which Grim Reaper is in charge of in the Sims.
Aliens:
Sylvan Glade is hidden from the world in the same way Aliens in the Sims 4 are hiding behind human forms.
Servos/Robots:
A glade is an empty space in a forest. Robots tend to be portrayeted as not having a heart, an empty space where their heart should be.

Some of these can sound like too much of a stretch, but to me help make more sense out of this bizarre little secret world. :)

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    It would be nice if they could make sylvan glade link to other worlds with witches, fairies and such
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Thats a cool analisys. I am afraid that some of the life states will never make any appearence in sims 4, tho.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    It would be nice if they could make sylvan glade link to other worlds with witches, fairies and such

Its awful to know that Grant said in the release of sims 4 that it was possible to them to expand the already in-game worlds, but never did that.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I didn't know vampires were immune to the sun in there! That's really interesting....are they also immune in Sixam? :o
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I didn't know vampires were immune to the sun in there! That's really interesting....are they also immune in Sixam? :o

Yes, vampires are immune to sunlight on Sixam :)
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Thats a cool analisys. I am afraid that some of the life states will never make any appearence in sims 4, tho.

Its awful to know that Grant said in the release of sims 4 that it was possible to them to expand the already in-game worlds, but never did that.

*sobs* I wish they'd do that.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited July 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

There isn't sunlight on Sixam, it's always night. they're immune.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »

I remember the day i first installed Unleashed and my neighborhoods just exploded in content.
    Also, when the game release i thought that they were going to expand Sylvan Glade to be a secret occults neighborhood... It was so magical, and pink. It would suit really well the unicorns, fairies and mermaids.
    Maybe they dont do that cuz it would corrupt our saves after updating the game. If thats the reason, i dont really care, i constantly have to save all my families to the gallery to reset my saves, anyway.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »

I remember the day i first installed Unleashed and my neighborhoods just exploded in content.
    Also, when the game release i thought that they were going to expand Sylvan Glade to be a secret occults neighborhood... It was so magical, and pink. It would suit really well the unicorns, fairies and mermaids.
    Maybe they dont do that cuz it would corrupt our saves after updating the game. If thats the reason, i dont really care, i constantly have to save all my families to the gallery to reset my saves, anyway.

What’s “unleashed”?

And why was your game corrupted? I have been playing since base game on the same world over 1000 hours and I never had a corruption. I have all dlc except pet stuff and toddler stuff.
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    > @KirbySkywalker said:
    > Karon wrote: »
    >
    > What’s “unleashed”?

Pet expansion for Sims 1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have a Supernatural save (which is a little lacking in supernaturals so far) and I plan on having one major supernatural "run" each different world. My Fairies will be responsible for Newcrest. I have built a lot that looks like a small park but under ground is where the fairies live. I also placed a magical tree there (to pretend that they use it to go inside) and they can travel to Sylvan Glade where they are safe and can be themselves and relax.
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I really wish they would create a new world just like or similer to Sylvan Glade, and Sixam, were it would be livable or a vacation world to explore, that was bigger. Or maybe if you were a Alien you could be a Resident, but if you were a sim you could visit, unless you were married then could live there. The same with Sylvan Glade. If you were a Mermaid or a Fairy could hold resident's but everyone else could Visit. Or maybe after so much knowledge of the culture you could gain residence if you wanted to live there. That would be fun. And with Witches, Forgotten Hollow is perfect. But it would be cool if they expanded. Or maybe made a magical kind of new city or town like in Harry Potter. Diagon Ally or Hogsmeade kind of a vibe:)) Where it would be fun to take all the supernaturals too:))