Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims that remain home while other sims go out question

I found a couple old threads discussing this (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/867231/no-continuity-when-leaving-sims-at-home/p1) the other is linked to later in this one. Basically I was thinking is it possible to mod to address all or part of the issue. For me it is what one or more brought up you can set them to train a skill while active on the lot the other sim(s) went to but they don't advance career task associated with training that skill. At least as far as I can tell. Correct me if I'm wrong. For example a sim in the entertainer career has a daily task requirement to practice music but choosing that option for the sim at home while on the lot the other sim(s) are visiting doesn't progress the career task.

Ideally I expected TS4 to have addressed this issue so that you moved back and forth between the lots if you so chose and set your sims to doing various things just like as if they were all on the same lot. In TS2 there was a mod that if you took a sim to another lot when you returned to the home lot you then played out the other sims until the time at which the sim(s) that left to the other lot came back. While this was not ideal it addressed the situation and I fully expected since you could move between the lots in TS4 that it simply retained the functionality without the need to play twice other the same duration of game time. And so ideally I wonder if it is possible to mod things to make this closer to how it works.