Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you like for the next travel game pack/expansion pack?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
When they released Outdoor Retreat i thought that this was the only style of "travel" we would get. I was sad, cuz i loved Sims 3 World Adventure, the exploration and its tombs, but then they announced Jungle Adventure. I was so happy with it!

I think we can put Outdoor Retreat in a "Sims 1: Vacation" standart. It leaves space for a snowy destination world, and a beach destination world. Whil Jungle Adventure could fit a "The Sims 2: Bon Voyage/The Sims 3 World Aventure" standart, but we never had any jungle in any of those games, while Three Lakes is a mountainous destination like Granite Falls, but with more stuff like its own gesture, Local delicacies, dance, massage and souvenirs; and the Bigfoot.
Some people consider Island Paradise as a travelling pack, but there isnt an actual destination spot. Isla Paradiso was meant to be your homeworld. In that category we can fit Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Aurora Skies, Dragon Valley, Lunar Lakes and Oasis Landing.
With that in mind:
  • Snowy Destination
  • Beach Destination
  • Japanese Destination
  • Hawaiian Destination
  • Mountainous Destination (Granite Falls)
  • Chinese Destination
  • Egyptian Destination
  • French Destination
  • Caribbean Destination
  • Pirate Destination
  • Hot Springs Destination
  • Italian Destination
  • Icelandic Destination
  • Medieval-Celtic Destination
  • Alien Destination (Sixam)
  • Futuristic Destination

Now that we know that they can and want to add different style of things for us to do in the game, whats the next "travel game pack" style you would like?

(I admit that I would like to see almost exact remakes of all worlds / neighborhoods. from Sims 1/2/3, but...)

I think that it would be cool to have all the Japanese, Chinese, Hawaiian, Egyptian, French, Italian and Icelandic again, but focused in the tomb exploration and other stuff like we had nectar making in Champs Les Sims.

But as, some things are impossible to do in The Sims 4, like ballooning from Aurora Skies, these worlds I would like to see as homeworlds. I love the architecture and the overall look of that world and every world should be unique like that.

I would also like the snowy destination, and the beach destination to be its on expansion pack, like Island Paradise. The Snowy EP could bring the Bigfoot back, snowboard, skiing, hockey, hot chocolate, and it could even be used to update seasons and correct the snow depht problem. The Beach EP could add all the things related to summer that were not included in Season + all the stuff from Island Paradise, like scuba diving. But i dont want the mermaids to be added in that EP. They can add them later, in its own gamepack, and we would have not only one world with swimmable oceans, but two. Or more... Maybe the Beach EP could have a Pirate themed world like Barnacle Bay, the mermaid GP could have a Meditarranean themed world, and later they could release a tomb-exploration themed GP including a Hawaiian destination, with swimmable oceans.

Probably we are not going to see a Hot Spring destination, as the focus of Hidden Springs in sims 3 was to add a new spa, and we already had a Stuff Pack related to Spas. But, probably, someone can think about how they could fit a Hot Spring destination in another pack.

A Medieval-Celtic world like Dragon Valley could be added in a In to the Past & Future GP/EP or something like that, alongside a Oasis Landing. Or in a Fairies GP, leaving space for a Caveman themed world for the "Past" (I can already see a sim-caveman family with them named after simlish words, like a baby named Nooboo or a "mother in law" named Gerbit hahaha).

What are your ideas?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There's a lot of chatter about a tropical vacation. That might be nice.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Personally I detest the tropics. I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want a tropical themed holiday destination.

I'd rather a gloomy seaside holiday location, with a creepy carnival on a pier, and a cove of pirates around the corner. It'd be nice if it included a spooky hotel and a kooky bed and breakfast. :)

I'd also like a 'Back in Time' themed pack, but without any new worlds, just historical variations of existing ones.
    Medieval Windenburg
    1880's Oasis Springs
    1910's Willow Creek
    1940's Brindleton Bay

Hot springs and Icelandic need to be combined in a cruise ship holiday pack.
    Watch the northern lights from the deck of the ship, or from a hot spring.
    View polar bears from the safety of the deck of your ship.
    Stay in a hotel carved from ice.
    Go skiing down a glacier.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I suspect a tropical pack is on its way. A nice French countryside pack would also do nicely I think. We're lacking relaxing honeymoon-type destinations so the next packs may hit that mark. Personally, I'd love basically any destination pack. Snowy, Chinese, Icelandic, Hot Springs, and Medieval stick out to me the most off your list.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I really like this list! We definitely need more vacations spots other than just Granite Falls and Selvedorada
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    I love the thoughts of having more vacation spots, but I'd love also for resorts and hotels. I've seen many in the gallery but they're usually classified as restaurants or generic lots. As generic lots the kitchens have nobody working on them and as restaurants nothing else is used other than the restaurant area. I'd love to see sims exploring everything from the kitchens to the various rooms and facilities like pools, indoor/outdoor games and entertainment etc.
  • Options
    sof2106sof2106 Posts: 136 Member
    I would love to see all of those things tbh! A tropical vacation would make me very happy, as well as a southern European world <3 But I know they probably won't make so many vacation packs, so I would settle for a Mediterranean world, where each neighborhood would represent a country - we could have a world with a southern french neighborhood, an italian one, maybe a greek island? (And each would come with the food stalls to match of course ;) ) That would make me scream of joy, lol!
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2018
    Travel destinations:
    Venice
    - Nectar-making and fancy cheeses; a system for foodies and food-lovers that determines whether certain foods and drinks go together and thus gives more meaning to culinary play (TS4 has so many awesome recipes, critics and restaurants, but sims don't react to them)
    - Rides on canals
    - Lute instrument and Renaissance music
    - Ballroom dancing
    - Notre dam-type architecture for AWESOME fancy renaissance environments
    5056b7a690f98a86ea3048619b5cc283_zpsdxnv2oap.jpg

Africa
    - Maybe like the Succulent Karoo biome which is semi-desert: it is very beautiful and not as barren as a desert
    - Search for animals like lions, zebras and giraffes, as well as small critters like lizards, snakes and scorpions and study them with a skill similar to anthropology in Jungle Adventures. The animals like lions cannot be interacted with outside of being observed, studied and photographed, otherwise it would waste too much resources. Sims can "collect specimens" like droppings, hair etc. and photograph animals and their footprints to analyse, write reports in a scientific journal, make donations to animal conservation etc. NB: Sims should be able to keep all their photographs and specimens even if they analyse them as souvenirs.
    - More doors and windows similar to Jungle Adventure but in clay, dry wood and reeds; hand-made reed doors, windows and wall+floor+roof textures; wall textures in clay and decorated in African styles etc.
    - Drum instrument, new dances
    - African legends involving animals and spirits. Sims can investigate these legends and find things like a crocodile that guards a river crossing, an albino gorilla that "haunts" the wood area, a special stone that was in the scepter of a chief and brings misfortune to those that move it etc. Finding these legendary figures, produces collectable postcards with a photo of the figure on it.

India
    - Lots of emphasis on ancient peaceful culture and sim-gods
    - Beautiful, colourful temples to explore and find spiritual experiences that raise your sim's karma skill; stories told with ancient murals on walls
    - Focus on spiritual enlightenment and harmony with oneself and nature
    - Although yoga can't be included, meditation, self-reflection etc. can
    - Karma skill makes sims live longer, make enemies at a slower pace, resolve conflict more easily, "find good in situation" and understand "The Balance" better etc.
    - Fortune-telling, match-makers and astrology; gypsies
    - Special gemstones hidden in temple walls, vases etc. and in holy wells. The gemstones are things like love stones, wisdom stones and enlightenment stones etc. Sims can craft jewelry out of these stones and the jewelry will have an effect while sims wear them.

Link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/923526/culture-specific-packs-for-vacations/p1?new=1

Actual worlds that we can live in:
    Tropical
    I have voiced my opinion on this many times. Please do not reduce this pack to a destination world and cut out features because all of them can't fit into a GP. A fleshed-out EP in a Tiki Island Paradise theme with scuba diving and many awesome beach things would be a dream come true. It would also be interesting to include a marine biology career alongside lifeguards!
    ab6aafe82e88f95735f197493c785914_zpsylofqsfz.jpg
    Link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931501/tiki-island-paradise-idea-detailed#latest

Asian
    A beautiful rural Japanese world with cherry blossoms, little rivers with curved bridges over them, mountains and fields of beautiful flowers, rice paddies etc. would be such an amazing experience to behold. I'd prefer if this is a world we can live in because this world offers a beautiful environment that would add much to the aesthetic of the game. I can't think of much Adventure-type gameplay for this world, thus a GP that simply offers a relatively large and beautiful world alongside related gameplay, would be perfect. It could include martial arts, koi fish breeding and display ponds, traditional ink paintings and calligraphy, games like majong and checkers, a traditional instrument, mask-making, new produce like bamboo shoots, rice, dragon fruit, cabbage and persimmon and teas made from herbs and flowers. Sims could also be assigned a Spirit Animal when they are born and this could work similarly to zodiac signs.
    aa724f6e5105c36aa3e20ab14b3fe805_zpsa58rtfk6.jpg

Futuristic
    It would be cool to have another city world, but this time minimalistic and futuristic. This world wouldn't have apartments, but there would be neighbourhoods with skyscraper shells to build on top of, similar to penthouses. This pack could include robots, the inventing skill (independent of the science career), a junkyard, eco-friendly living (eco-friendly appliances, recycling, solar panels, ways to "reduce carbon footprint" etc.) and maybe careers like interior decorating, stylist and modeling.
    02d6a8fed02a5c66b9f944dd7e43da2d_zpsc2qxdbkl.jpg
    Link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/915903/minimalistic-futuristic-living-sp-with-bots-picture-heavy#latest

And, of course, if you'd like to read more about a Pirate world, I'm sure you wouldn't regret clicking the link in my signature :blush:
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    There's a lot of chatter about a tropical vacation. That might be nice.

Yes, i saw that too. But what type of beach world would you like to see? A dark pirate beach world? A hawaiian honeymoon world? Or what? :smile:

Movotti wrote: »
    Personally I detest the tropics. I can't, for the life of me, understand why anyone would want a tropical themed holiday destination.

I'd rather a gloomy seaside holiday location, with a creepy carnival on a pier, and a cove of pirates around the corner. It'd be nice if it included a spooky hotel and a kooky bed and breakfast. :)

I think that it would make a really cool EP or a GP. Maybe a travelling GP focused in amusement parks.

"Are your kids begging to travel to an amusement park? Well, bring them to Anchorton, a magic island with a gloomy pirate themed park. Eat crabs and shark meat at the foodstalls, take a ride at the seahorse carousel, swing at the phantom ship, take a ride at a roller coaster. Be careful when visiting the haunted house, and dont forget to buy a parrot!"

haha i would love that. I know that The Sims cant handle a real roller coaster game inside of it, but would be cool to see something like the Makin' Magic roller coasters. I jsut dont want to visit a empty park. I mean, doesnt need to be Disneyworld size, but a pier size amusement park would be cool already! And, the pirate theme would be a good excuse to add the parrots and other birds again.
    Would be even cooler if it was really gloomy, maybe like Forgotten Hollow, getting dark earlier, and could even be used as a destination spot too.
    I'd also like a 'Back in Time' themed pack, but without any new worlds, just historical variations of existing ones.
    Medieval Windenburg
    1880's Oasis Springs
    1910's Willow Creek
    1940's Brindleton Bay

I never thought about that. It could work like the house we had in the sims 3 store. Would be cool to see a futuristic version of the other worlds too!
    Hot springs and Icelandic need to be combined in a cruise ship holiday pack.
    Watch the northern lights from the deck of the ship, or from a hot spring.
    View polar bears from the safety of the deck of your ship.
    Stay in a hotel carved from ice.
    Go skiing down a glacier.

YAAAAAAAAS! The perfect excuse to release the Wedding stuff that they didnt made cuz Laundry Day took its place. Maybe the Ho tel carved in ice could be another type of roof, but instead of looking like glass, it would look thicker and wet, maybe they could even introduce glass walls or something!

I suspect a tropical pack is on its way. A nice French countryside pack would also do nicely I think. We're lacking relaxing honeymoon-type destinations so the next packs may hit that mark. Personally, I'd love basically any destination pack. Snowy, Chinese, Icelandic, Hot Springs, and Medieval stick out to me the most off your list.

IDK, they just released Jungle Adventure. Maybe they are going to release a Pool Party Stuff Pack, not sure.
    I think we are going to get the Witches GP everyone has be rumoring about.
    If they really release the witches, we can start seeing a pattern in the GPs order.
    kaitlyn0 wrote: »
    I really like this list! We definitely need more vacations spots other than just Granite Falls and Selvedorada

Me too! I hope that they do more vacation spots then we ever got! But i would love if we could manage our worlds/destinations and choose those we want as destination spots and as homeworlds. Sometimes it feels weird travelling from Willow Creek to Windenburg...
    I love the thoughts of having more vacation spots, but I'd love also for resorts and hotels. I've seen many in the gallery but they're usually classified as restaurants or generic lots. As generic lots the kitchens have nobody working on them and as restaurants nothing else is used other than the restaurant area. I'd love to see sims exploring everything from the kitchens to the various rooms and facilities like pools, indoor/outdoor games and entertainment etc.

But thats what i am saying. Not all Vacation GPs need to be done the same. Maybe a resort one, and later a hotels one... More exploration ones would be cool too!
    sof2106 wrote: »
    I would love to see all of those things tbh! A tropical vacation would make me very happy, as well as a southern European world <3 But I know they probably won't make so many vacation packs, so I would settle for a Mediterranean world, where each neighborhood would represent a country - we could have a world with a southern french neighborhood, an italian one, maybe a greek island? (And each would come with the food stalls to match of course ;) ) That would make me scream of joy, lol!

I love that idea. I hope that if they dont release it as a vacation spot, we get it as a homeworld. They kinda did it in Windenburg, you can see that each neighborhoods have a different style from the central europe.
    Travel destinations:
    Venice
    - Nectar-making and fancy cheeses; a system for foodies and food-lovers that determines whether certain foods and drinks go together and thus gives more meaning to culinary play (TS4 has so many awesome recipes, critics and restaurants, but sims don't react to them)
    - Rides on canals
    - Lute instrument and Renaissance music
    - Ballroom dancing
    - Notre dam-type architecture for AWESOME fancy renaissance environments
    5056b7a690f98a86ea3048619b5cc283_zpsdxnv2oap.jpg

Africa
    - Maybe like the Succulent Karoo biome which is semi-desert: it is very beautiful and not as barren as a desert
    - Search for animals like lions, zebras and giraffes, as well as small critters like lizards, snakes and scorpions and study them with a skill similar to anthropology in Jungle Adventures. The animals like lions cannot be interacted with outside of being observed, studied and photographed, otherwise it would waste too much resources. Sims can "collect specimens" like droppings, hair etc. and photograph animals and their footprints to analyse, write reports in a scientific journal, make donations to animal conservation etc. NB: Sims should be able to keep all their photographs and specimens even if they analyse them as souvenirs.
    - More doors and windows similar to Jungle Adventure but in clay, dry wood and reeds; hand-made reed doors, windows and wall+floor+roof textures; wall textures in clay and decorated in African styles etc.
    - Drum instrument, new dances
    - African legends involving animals and spirits. Sims can investigate these legends and find things like a crocodile that guards a river crossing, an albino gorilla that "haunts" the wood area, a special stone that was in the scepter of a chief and brings misfortune to those that move it etc. Finding these legendary figures, produces collectable postcards with a photo of the figure on it.

India
    - Lots of emphasis on ancient peaceful culture and sim-gods
    - Beautiful, colourful temples to explore and find spiritual experiences that raise your sim's karma skill; stories told with ancient murals on walls
    - Focus on spiritual enlightenment and harmony with oneself and nature
    - Although yoga can't be included, meditation, self-reflection etc. can
    - Karma skill makes sims live longer, make enemies at a slower pace, resolve conflict more easily, "find good in situation" and understand "The Balance" better etc.
    - Fortune-telling, match-makers and astrology; gypsies
    - Special gemstones hidden in temple walls, vases etc. and in holy wells. The gemstones are things like love stones, wisdom stones and enlightenment stones etc. Sims can craft jewelry out of these stones and the jewelry will have an effect while sims wear them.

Link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/923526/culture-specific-packs-for-vacations/p1?new=1

Actual worlds that we can live in:
    Tropical
    I have voiced my opinion on this many times. Please do not reduce this pack to a destination world and cut out features because all of them can't fit into a GP. A fleshed-out EP in a Tiki Island Paradise theme with scuba diving and many awesome beach things would be a dream come true. It would also be interesting to include a marine biology career alongside lifeguards!
    ab6aafe82e88f95735f197493c785914_zpsylofqsfz.jpg
    Link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931501/tiki-island-paradise-idea-detailed#latest

Asian
    A beautiful rural Japanese world with cherry blossoms, little rivers with curved bridges over them, mountains and fields of beautiful flowers, rice paddies etc. would be such an amazing experience to behold. I'd prefer if this is a world we can live in because this world offers a beautiful environment that would add much to the aesthetic of the game. I can't think of much Adventure-type gameplay for this world, thus a GP that simply offers a relatively large and beautiful world alongside related gameplay, would be perfect. It could include martial arts, koi fish breeding and display ponds, traditional ink paintings and calligraphy, games like majong and checkers, a traditional instrument, mask-making, new produce like bamboo shoots, rice, dragon fruit, cabbage and persimmon and teas made from herbs and flowers. Sims could also be assigned a Spirit Animal when they are born and this could work similarly to zodiac signs.
    aa724f6e5105c36aa3e20ab14b3fe805_zpsa58rtfk6.jpg

Futuristic
    It would be cool to have another city world, but this time minimalistic and futuristic. This world wouldn't have apartments, but there would be neighbourhoods with skyscraper shells to build on top of, similar to penthouses. This pack could include robots, the inventing skill (independent of the science career), a junkyard, eco-friendly living (eco-friendly appliances, recycling, solar panels, ways to "reduce carbon footprint" etc.) and maybe careers like interior decorating, stylist and modeling.
    02d6a8fed02a5c66b9f944dd7e43da2d_zpsc2qxdbkl.jpg
    Link: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/915903/minimalistic-futuristic-living-sp-with-bots-picture-heavy#latest

And, of course, if you'd like to read more about a Pirate world, I'm sure you wouldn't regret clicking the link in my signature :blush:

You know... I loved Sims 3 World Adventures, because each world had its own culture, and you could even learn them. I would love a African inspired world, maybe in a Safari-Vacation GP, but i dont know if the producers of Sims 4 would think that it could work. I mean, everything can be done in some way in sims 4, i just think that sometimes they dont think about it enough, or dont have time to do it. Maybe the Safari animals could work as objects, or something...
    They India one would be cool too... I dont know if Genies are a thing in India, but maybe they could be introduced as well... IDK haha
    I will take a look at your Pirate thread.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Tropical Island would probably be my favorite.
    A winter- themed Ski Resort of some type would be next for me. Keeping in mind if the player didn't have Seasons they could still buy this, it's just the winter would only be in this one world.
    The Wild West or Las Vegas-type place, or a combination of the two.
    Egypt because pyramids and mummies.
    I wouldn't say no to an African, Asian or Indian themed world, but those cultures have been represented by CIty Living, whereas a Latin culture was not until the Jungle pack, so at least we have something. If it was AFrican based we'd definitely need a safari with some animals (which could bring about zoos later!)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Would love Western, European worlds.
    France - Could welcome a Farming Pack large Lots.
    England - I have Kingdoms that need to be put into action.
    Ireland -

I would love to See the ancient empires restored in a modern age.
    Italy
    Greece
    Egypt

Maybe Spain could be in the mix.

Wouldn't mind a nod to Black Panther, Wakanda-esqe world
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Little biased here, but I'd love a mediterranean vacation world based on Italy and Croatia.
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    France - Could welcome a Farming Pack large Lots.
    /quote]

AAAAAAH! please.
    I would love to see a french world in the Farming EP. I can already see us planting grapes and making nectar, milking cows and producing cheese! I never wondered how much France is all about Farms! hahaha

England - I have Kingdoms that need to be put into action.
    Ireland -

Maybe in a back in time pack?

I would love to See the ancient empires restored in a modern age.
    Italy
    Greece
    Egypt

Maybe Spain could be in the mix.

Would be cool if we had a ghost family named after the ancient greek/roman/egyptian gods haha
    Wouldn't mind a nod to Black Panther, Wakanda-esqe world

I think it would look cool in a into the future EP.

Little biased here, but I'd love a mediterranean vacation world based on Italy and Croatia.

Me too. I love the mediterranean acrchitectures so much, would be perfect to add more build/buy stuff about it!