Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cooking in the bathroom

JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
How to stop sims from using the bathroom counters, or any other room counters to cook, when there are plenty of empty ones in the kitchen?
Sometimes they prefer to go up two flights of stairs to the furthest room in the house, even though they could finish making that salad right there. It's annoying. Any solutions that don't involve getting rid of furniture?

Comments

• Options
    floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    JPNeko wrote: »
    How to stop sims from using the bathroom counters, or any other room counters to cook, when there are plenty of empty ones in the kitchen?
    Sometimes they prefer to go up two flights of stairs to the furthest room in the house, even though they could finish making that salad right there. It's annoying. Any solutions that don't involve getting rid of furniture?

You could place decorations on the counters.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    JPNeko wrote: »

Sims have an odd desire to use the more expensive "better quality" counters when cooking. Try using cheap counters in your bathroom and having the more expensive better quality counters in your kitchen. Also, use clutter objects on counter you do not want to be used for cooking.
  • Options
    SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have this happened so many times also! But my sims family usually runs all the way to the back outdoor bar to just mix the food their cooking. Then run all the way back inside to cook it. That's dedication.
    [
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll just put some decorations on the counters I don't want them to use. Seems like the best solution. :)
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Don't try and have two stoves/fridges/anything food-related and keep one of them inaccessible for some of the Sims. They just stop path-finding to what you tell them to access.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I was having this issue to though i personally found it to be hilarious. My sims would take the food upstairs to the bathroom counter to prepare it then walk all the way back downstairs to the kitchen to cook it then take the cooked food all the way back upstairs to the bathroom again to put the food down on the counter.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    This is a bit more complicated but try using the '[' to make something functional (a toilet, sink, bed, etc) smaller and use bb.moveobjects to put it into the counter top, so you can't see it. Then they won't use the counter top.
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited July 2018
    This is a bit more complicated but try using the '

Oh that's interesting, thanks
  • Options
    KittyCat_HolmesKittyCat_Holmes Posts: 7 New Member
    I’ve had this issue too, except not so much with mixing food to cook, but with them insisting on wash their dishes in the bathroom sink even if the plate was next to the kitchen sink.
  • Options
    The issue is that you have multiple sinks.

Sometimes, the issue is that when you have multiple Sims, there has been a previous queued action where the action from another Sim was given by you or the computer (depending if you have free will on or not), before the Sim was given the order to wash the dish in the kitchen sink. If there was only one Sim, well... I cannot say exactly why. It's just like that.
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    I’ve had this issue too, except not so much with mixing food to cook, but with them insisting on wash their dishes in the bathroom sink even if the plate was next to the kitchen sink.

Just as with the counter, Sims gravitate to use the more expensive and better sink too. That is most likely the issue if just playing a single sim.
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I also had this issue so I just place objects on the counters that was not in the kitchen.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited July 2018
    So in one of my games I have a kitchen in the basement, and on the main floor. They start to make a cake on the main floor, then halfway mixing the cake, they go downstairs and mix the cake down stairs. Then they go back upstairs, and place the cake bowl on the floor. I tell them to resume, then they go downstairs to bake the cake. I thought this was super funny :D
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    The Sims 3 pathing was better in Sims 4, from what I remember. When there were kitchens in multiple floors, they stayed on a single floor, on the kitchen. They just whined when there was no counter space (kind of like they do now).