Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oddity that is givng me unlimited time in Selvadoria

Yesterday one of my sims finished her first vacation in Selvadoria, a highly successful one in terms of finding things and building the Selvadorian Culture and archaeology skills (3 and 6 respectively). Today, she was home in Windenburg and got a call from Madame Freyes asking her out to ladies night at the bar. Sim accepted. The bar turned out to be the cantina in Selvadoria, which logically shouldn't happen since it's a foreign country. My sim didn't bother much with ladies night as she was busy stocking up on expedition supplies, filling up the need bars and otherwise getting ready to go exploring again. Chatted up a lot of locals, enough to get culture up to 4 in the process. Was able to do a regular travel to the trailhead with no vacation attached. I don't know if it's a glitch, or a very good 'roll of the dice', but that game generated outing has given my sim (currently deep in the jungle exploring) limitless access to Selvadoria with no vacation limits or rental charges.

I don't know if this is available as a general thing, but it's a golden opportunity for those who want to go exploring but have limited budgets. Thought I'd pass it on.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Your the second person to mention this, I can't wait until it happens to one of my sims.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It’s happened to myself and others. My guess is it wasn’t supposed to happen this way, but it’s not really a negative so no one cares enough to fix it lol
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    My sim had an invite recently to Granite Falls National Forest from a teen daughter he didn't live with. Turned out to be a family outing event thing. He happened to have the weekend off .. so he took advantage and stayed for a free vacation. I don't think the game recognized that he was officially in Granite Falls though.. he could collect and fish but the fish did not count toward the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration. Also he couldn't travel to the Hermits Lot he could start that little question game to get in.. but then he came out even though I knew I answered the questions right twice.. otherwise he was free to travel by zooming out and going to the rental locations. I didn't test if he could knock or go inside though. He could skill and got a head start on herbalism. As easy as money is to get in the game I don't think I'll worry if I miss the opportunity again but it was pretty neat.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if you put a restaurant in selvadorada (or granite falls) you can get invited to them by other sims, too. just know that when this happens and brings you to selvadorada, you can do virtually anything there you could while on vacation, until you get to the sections of jungle that make you change lots (the royal baths or the temple). if you change lots to either of those two, the game realizes you're not actually there on a vacation and you won't be able to interact with anything at all, even the ground. the two options are to click the sim and make them 'go home' or...to click the 'go home' icon beneath the sim and...make them go home...
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    That's handy to know, thanks! Does this mean that the other jungle places one can go to are part of the same lot even though there are gates to go through? The gate to the island is actually open, so am thinking of going there.
  • Options
    it seems to be considered that way, yeah. which can be handy for times like those gates finally being open for you
  • Options
    Made an unpleasant discovery. Had to take the sim back to the compound to get the poison cure. Once sim was repaired, restocked, refilled rested went back to jungle only to discover that all the gates had been reset. After hacking way through to the appropriate area found that the island gate was now locked. :( Did as much as I could elsewhere until the sim's social was so tanked that sim was essentially dysfunctional so sent her home. Profitable trip though. Archaeology skill is now nearly 10, Selvadorian Culture is maxed at 5, and sim has oodles of stuff to work on at her bench back home. Am suspecting the best sim type to take to the jungle is a loner that loves the outdoors.

There needs to be a way to get more of those flower things. Bees seem to be the most common problem, and have the fewest defenses on the market tables. Not in secret stuff, either.
  • Options
    the bees and spiders are actually nullified with high logic skill, which i usually put hand in hand with my archaeology sims (who are typically in the scientist career...). culture skill 5 also nullifies firefly/lightning bug attacks, which mostly happen around the temple

and yeah, gates seem to have a 24 hour period where they'll reset, which can mean trying to sprint to unlock the temple before that happens if you have bad luck with earlier bits of the jungle
  • Options
    Sweeties29Sweeties29 Posts: 47 Member
    It has happened to me several times. Don't think it's a bug.
  • Options
    Maybe it's their way of getting back at us for free jungle time. The more I do the explore jungle thing the more I wish they'd issue a JA part two, with more ruins to visit, things to find, ratchet up the Selvadorian culture skill to a full 10 (with added perks), and vacant jungle lots with the tools/objects/whatever to make our own ruins to explore.