Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story Progession

After snagging the game and a couple of packs on sale, I'm finally ready to give TS4 my best shot. I noticed after a few hours of playing that none of my sim's neighbors have ever been pregnant and another household that I moved in never got jobs. Does this game have any story progression aside from aging on and sims moving in?

-Pregnancy?
-Getting new jobs?
-Divorce?
-Adopting a pet on their own?

Or will I have to get a mod to spice up the neighborhood?

Comments

• Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    This mod makes Story Progression, but beware: If you have unmarried sims, they could end up getting other sims pregnant or females getting pregnant by males. A few of my uncontrolled family members had kids with multiple women and left them for men!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    This mod makes Story Progression, but beware: If you have unmarried sims, they could end up getting other sims pregnant or females getting pregnant by males. A few of my uncontrolled family members had kids with multiple women and left them for men!
    I'll check it out, thank you! I think the rewards outweigh the risk because I need something to make the town feel alive :)
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    @SimChic1 you can modify the settings to prevent those things from happening if you want and for example only have married couples to get pregnant :wink:
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »
    @SimChic1 you can modify the settings to prevent those things from happening if you want and for example only have married couples to get pregnant :wink:

Awesome, good to know! Thanks :)
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    @SimChic1 I was terrified of mods myself for a while but the mod suggested above really does help. Its a lot to take in at first but definitely worth it in the end :) It makes the game feel very alive!
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited June 2018
    They will get jobs on their own, but everything else you listed needs MC command center to be possible. :)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg