Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jungle Adventure affording to stay longer?

Hey guys,

I did not start any adventure yet, I don't feel like cheating just to quickly get to Selvadorada.
So I am wondering how much does it actually cost daily to stay there with my Sim? What kind of way would you think is the best to earn the money continuously while my Sim is there and wants to prolong her stay there? I would love to almost make it feel like living there, so I am wondering what will be needed to make this happen. Any tips for me here? :)

Comments

• Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    I haven't explored Jungle Adventure much, but I know you can make a lot of money with the archaeology skill.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    It would be hard not to make money while staying there, unless you stayed completely out of the jungle. The price to stay per day depends on the price of the lot you're staying at.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    So how much would I need to make the first move towards the Jungle? Right now my Sim has about 2,500 Simoleons and I let her write books to get some royalties in. Which means while she goes to the Jungle world, she would get daily money in + the archaeology skill and treasures that should help. So I could make it seem like she is actually living there by prolonging the stay each 7 days?
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Just go and see how long you can stay before you're broke?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    If you go explore the first and second day (I think with 2500 you can def. book for 2-3 days, but you'll be broke after) & do as much archaeology as possible, you can probably stay for a long time. I think if you were to live off of the things you excavate, authenticate & sell, you might actually be able to stay indefinitely as you'd always earn back what you spend on rent, and after a while, plenty more.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    If you go explore the first and second day (I think with 2500 you can def. book for 2-3 days, but you'll be broke after) & do as much archaeology as possible, you can probably stay for a long time. I think if you were to live off of the things you excavate, authenticate & sell, you might actually be able to stay indefinitely as you'd always earn back what you spend on rent, and after a while, plenty more.

Right I wanted to add: unless your bills at home are really expensive :D but if your home isn't too big it should be fine!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I made a small tent Lot for staying in, which is really cheap. It costs about $40 per day. So you could always do that to stay somewhere cheap - it's not really cheating, because your sim has no luxuries and is just paying to stay in a tent.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I made a small tent Lot for staying in, which is really cheap. It costs about $40 per day. So you could always do that to stay somewhere cheap - it's not really cheating, because your sim has no luxuries and is just paying to stay in a tent.

That's actually a great idea, I would need to change one of the rental places then and just build a tent in this case right? Once my Sim earns some nice money, she can then move into a bigger rental in the jungle. :smile:
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Something unusual happened today that so far is enabling my sim to stay there indefinitely. Sim got an invitation to 'ladies night' at the bar from Windenburg neighbor Mrs. (I don't remember name) Freyes. The bar turned out to be the cantina in Selvadoria. Logically that shouldn't happen since it's a foreign country. That said, it got my sim into the country with full access to everything on that lot. After topping off the expedition supplies and needs, tried to go to the trailhead via regular travel, no vacation booked. That was successful, and sim has gone off exploring. Not only has that oddity gotten my sim into the country for free, but Selvadorian Culture skill has been maxed out and archaeology is now up to level 7. This was game initiated, first time it's ever happened, so can't say it's something that can be expected if you've taken a sim there. Still, it's at least a possibility, and am taking full advantage of it.