Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Career Outfits - Military Career

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
Wanting to make certain sims in the military career wear customized uniforms for their rank stage.

Braden right now is a Flight Officer... (Rank, Acting Sub-Lieutenant (pronounced lef-tenant; instead of the American style - Loo-tenant and no there are no right-tenants in the Canadian Armed Forces. :p ) -in the Royal Canadian Navy and they dress him in blue fatigues)

Screenshot-248.jpg

I want him in CADPAT pattern. If I go into Career Outfit in CAS and change him to that (I've grabbed someone's pattern from the Exchange) and installed it on my game.

1200px-CADPAT_digital_camouflage_pattern_%2528Temperate_Woodland_variant%2529.jpg

When I change my colors into CADPAT and stick it on his fatigues...the next time he spins into his career uniform, he'll be wearing those fatigues in CADPAT, right?

Just wanting to make sure, because

GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Thought about also downloading the "Navy Career with Mass Effect References" for my other game however...I'm just kind of going...naah not right now. I can adjust the Military Career uniforms as necessary to make sure that each of my sims gets into the right branch of service.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited May 2018
    If I remember correctly (whoever reads this may correct me if I’m wrong) but if you go into CAS and edit your Career uniform you will have to choose a second outfit. Click on the plus sign and a second outfit will appear.

Then choose whatever outfit you want them to wear for their career and customize it in create a style. Proceed to exit out and then go to a wardrobe and have them change their outfit to Career 2.

Career 2 will be the modified one and if everything works correctly that should be the one they will automatically wear from now on when going to work.

This is how I do it whenever I modify outfits for careers or professions and it usually works. I say ‘usually’ because sometimes they go back to their old outfit but all you need to do is have them choose Career 2 again from the wardrobe. It should work...but then Murphy’s Law is the main rule in Sims 3 sometimes :p
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    You can actually modify the default career outfit, but when they get a promotion, they'll be back in the default again.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited May 2018
    I don't know how I double posted. I only clicked on Post Comment once.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I managed to create Braden's nametag for his CADPAT fatigues.

Braden_Nametag.png

And since he is a Wingman...well...he's going to need to have his Canadian Pilot's Wings. CF-18s baby. :D

CanadianPilotsWings_CADPAT.png

and if I can manage to figure out how to create a CADPAT Acting Sublieutenant's rank for his fatigues. Well..there's that too. (Edit: DONE!)

CADPAT_ASLT_Canada.png
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I'm curious to see him wearing those. I believe you can combo @Amphora 's and @IreneSwift 's suggestions.

Create a second carreer outfit as a backup and modify both. In case he gets a promotion, you can choose your previous style easily. I used to do it for my Singer, but when a certain job-level doesn't have a wardrobe malfunction, I change it straight away.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @thuggishsplicer - Managed to get it to work... I'll see how it looks when it comes time for him to spin into those clothes for work. However...it seems to look good on him.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    Screenshot-5.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

Screenshot.jpg

I'll have to work on the beret next.

The Sims crest on the beret has to be replaced by the Royal Canadian Navy Crest and replace the OD color of the beret with black.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Royal Canadian Military Beret - Navy (black)

Here we go. Got the proper uniform now for Braden who is an Acting Sub-Lieutenant in the Royal Canadian Navy. Braden is the heir in my Legacy and he went into the Royal Canadian Navy as part of the "military career" This is HIS career uniform instead of the blue one that they give him.

Screenshot-22.jpg
    (full-body shot)

Screenshot-23.jpg
    (upper torso shot - you can see his nametag (should be in simlish); his Royal Canadian Navy pilot's wings and his rank insignia on chest tab)

Screenshot-24.jpg
    This is the actual Royal Canadian Navy shield (ignore the yellow-gold background - just the shield itself)

Screenshot-26.jpg
    Acting Sub-Lieutenant Braden Chikamori, Royal Canadian Navy striding like a military man. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I'm clapping in awe!
    Fantastic work! Really like it!
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Wow, you did a really great job!!

I’m always envious of those who can personalize and make their own CC clothes like you did. I get impatient just re-coloring items in create a style :D
  • Options
    To get rid of the shield...I made the shield black showing only the Royal Canadian Navy crest.

Screenshot-42.jpg

...and THAT folks is the final iteration; the way a Royal Canadian Navy beret is supposed to look.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    Looks good!
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Nice looking uniform.