Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MTS and deleting things - where do I go?

frostpotfrostpot Posts: 208 Member
This is the first time I've signed into TSF for a while. I probably won't be back for a while, as my time is now preoccupied with the PC version of GTA V.

So... onto the point of this post - I need to delete some things over on ModTheSims. Sure, you might say "oh, well why can't you just log into your account?", but thing is, I was permabanned there over two years ago for a... regrettable part in huge community drama. As I have now moved on from Sims modding, I want to put the past to the past... but three years or so ago, I made a stupid mistake - I revealed my face publicly.

Under the new pan-EU GDPR, which comes in force twelve days from now, I have the 'right to be forgotten'. This is covered in business terms here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-erasure/ Unfortunately, since MTS is an American-oriented and American-based site, I doubt they have to comply with GDPR legislation. This 'right to be forgotten', I believe, would cover my face reveal post and more on the site, and as such, I would like to speak to a member of staff there, i.e. Delphy, HugeLunatic, etc. about it privately, either here, or through e-mail.

However, there is no external site e-mail system really in place for these modders. And to be honest, I would rather not want to sign up there again, especially not to stoke past dramas. So, I know this isn't a MTS-affiliated site, and I wouldn't be surprised if this gets deleted in itself, but I am unsure of where to go. If anyone from MTS is here, could you point me in the right direction? And if an admin from MTS is here, can we talk about this through PMs?