Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pointers: An easy legacy challenge.

DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
This legacy challenge is meant to be easy to play. With very few rules and restrictions, just a few pointers..
A lot of space for your own ideas and game-play creativity. The pointers will be based on my game-play driven Purdue legacy story.

If you don't have the right game expansions for a certain pointer, you can do the next best thing. :smile:
None of the pointers are absolutely mandatory. You can play on your personal preferred life-span, as long as aging is on.

I encourage anyone to use The Plum Tree app to keep track of their legacy's family tree(s).

Pointers for generation 1:
  • Create a single young-adult sim in CAS to start with.
  • This sim should have a Popularity aspiration.
  • Have this sim join the active detective career.
  • Have this sim marry a colleague from their career.
  • The couple should have at least one child.

Pointers for generation 2:
  • The generation 2 heir should have the bro trait.
  • This sim should join the culinary career.
  • Have this sim marry their teenage sweetheart.
  • Have the couple live in the city of San Myshuno.
  • The couple should have at least three children.

Pointers for generation 3:
  • The generation 3 heir should have the Big Happy Family aspiration.
  • This sim should join the Secret Agent career.
  • Have this sim get married.
  • Have this sim have an affair, and children out of wedlock.
  • Have this sim have up to 8 children, the more the better! (Can have non-played children.)
  • Adopt a pet dog with the generation 3 family.

Pointers for generation 4:
  • The generation 4 heir should have the goofball trait.
  • This sim should have the Joke Star aspiration.
  • Have this sim get married to someone who looks very different from themself.
  • The couple should have at least one child.
  • Adopt a pet cat with the generation 4 family.

Pointers for generation 5:
  • The generation 5 heir should have the Bodybuilder aspiration.
  • Have this sim be the boy/girlfriend of a sim with the insane/erratic trait.
  • Have this sim have at least one child with their insane/erratic partner.
  • Have this sim break up with their insane/erratic partner.
  • Have this sim marry a new partner when they're in the adult life stage.
  • The married couple should have at least one more child.

Pointers for generation 6:
  • The generation 6 heir should be a grade-A high-school student.
  • This sim should have the Computer Whiz aspiration.
  • Have this sim found a club for gamers.
  • Have this sim have at least one child very early on in life, and at least one late on in life.
  • Have this sim earn as much money as possible through hacking.

Pointers for generation 7:
  • The generation 7 heir should have the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration.
  • Have this sim complete their aspiration.
  • Have this sim live together with a family member who is not their parent or sibling.
  • This sim should have a relationship with the hermit of Granite Falls and have at least one child with them.
  • After the first aspiration, try to have this sim complete the Freelance Botanist aspiration as well.

Pointers for generation 8:
  • The generation 8 heir should have the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration .
  • Have the generation 8 heir open a small shop where they sell their art.
  • This sim should have a boy/girlfriend as a teenager.
  • Have this sim date several different sims during the young adult life stage, only to end up back with their first lover.
  • The generation 8 heir should have at least 2 children.

Those are all the pointers for now. I will add more pointers for future generations as my story progresses. :smiley:
Would love to see screenshots or read stories from anyone attempting this challenge. :heart:

Good luck and have fun! :blush:
Visit me on the gallery! 😊
EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
Post edited by DinowCookie on

Comments

• Options
    FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    This looks fun! I've started it this evening with Michael Wolf. I'll upload his photo later. :smiley:
  • Options
    @Faoiltiarna Thank you! I am glad to see someone playing my challenge. Would love to see your started sim. ^_^
  • Options
    @DinowCookie Okay, here he is! He's also started to make friends with one of the only young adult women in the station. There are two of them, but one might be problematic. We'll see.

27392699777_3b3480337f.jpg 40456690380_20caceb6f8_n.jpg

Not sure if I should tell the story here (I've actually remembered to grab a few screenshots for story-telling purposes) or start a separate thread. What do you think?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @Faoiltearna if you want to tell the story on this thread, feel free to do so. But I think it would be easier for you to start your own thread. You can always choose to share your updates in two places. Either way I'll make sure to read your story!

Your sim looks great! I look forward to reading his story. One of the women being problematic might just be interesting too. :wink:
  • Options
    @DinowCookie maybe what I'll do is create my own thread, but post smallish updates here. And yes, I'm thinking the problematic one (she's non-committal) might be the one to win around. I'll just have to prepare for him to be a single father at some point.
  • Options
    @DinowCookie, I'm wondering - do you have any further updates as to what happens with Generations 7 and up?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @DinowCookie, I'm wondering - do you have any further updates as to what happens with Generations 7 and up?

@Faoiltearna I have just updated the pointers for gen 6 and 7 :smiley:

I've taken a break from Sims for a while, to finish some things for school. Now I am back to continue my story and update the challenge. ^_^
    Hope this didn't come too late for you. :)
  • Options
    @Faoiltearna challenge updated with pointers for gen 8!
  • Options
    lulu4229lulu4229 Posts: 4 New Member
    Loved the idea of simple pointers, some of those challenges out there are daunting with so many rules to remember/reference. I have a small suggestion though. I wouldn't use a Popularity aspiration for any of the Sims. I am on my first and second generation now, and the first one has the Friend of the World aspiration. He CONSTANTLY has friends dying, since he made so many friends in pursuit of his aspiration. Like he is perpetually in mourning, which makes it difficult to do other things. I have him using the sadness hotline but that does not do much. It is sad seeing him so sad all the time. Just a thought!
  • Options
    lulu4229lulu4229 Posts: 4 New Member
    Edit: I should have suggested not to use Friend of the World, rather than a blanket statement on Popularity aspirations. I apologize! :smile:
  • Options
    icekitten402icekitten402 Posts: 11 New Member
    i think this would be fun but i just got base game and realm of magic but i thought I'd try it any way i made my sim using story mode her names Kristy Newton her given story witch was fun to see was she entertainer who loves fitness and the violin i hope that don't beak the rules
  • Options
    i just wanted to try making a sim using the story mode your challenge seem like a good one for it
  • Options
    https://theplumtreeapp.com/trees/610b2a7fc7ba280008ea21e4