Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think this is the end of the sim series

Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
This probably will be the end f the series. Not as in they won't make more sims 4 packs, but as in Sims 4 is the final game.
The news about the layoffs are troubling, but budget cuts?They fired even sims Veterens Then there is this little thread. https://www.reddit.com/user/fashionPolice2001 You can take as you will but its obvious this will probably be the last Sims game in the series.

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I agree. The game is on life support. I expect the plug will be pulled.
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    Doubtful that it is the end. It's still widely successful as a franchise. They're not so dumb as to drop off one of the best sellers, even if that means the title will become more mobile-based/casual or something, it'll still be there. Bet.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No it's not obvious at all. If this was an insider.. big, big if. He/she is disgruntled and there is no telling why they were let go. They are also making a career mistake posting this in case they are found out... so that alone would make them dubious in my book. I think the Sims 4 is meant to last awhile.. which they have been telling us from early on. That doesn't mean there will be no 5 or reboot. They might just take a breather between them, if tech advances there might be a much better game in the next installment when it happens.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HazelTeeHazelTee Posts: 15 Member
    I don't have a huge problem with the Sims 4 being their last game. I would have a problem if EA stopped developing it. It still has so much more that can be done with it. Sims 4 runs much better than the other Sims PC games, even with the bug and glitches. I think like most big companies, EA may have gotten too far ahead of themselves. You cannot make everyone happy, but listening to the community as a guide is a way to start. I just feel like they lost the vision somewhere. When it was just a Maxis studio, there was nothing I didn't love. I understand companies get acquired but forgetting that initial vision and direction is a mistake of sorts. EA can come back from this. There are some of us loyal followers who started playing as pre-teens and are now parents and adults ourselves.

If someone is laid off from a job, there are multiple reason why this could have happened. Now leaving the PC version in the background and letting Sims mobile takeover. I don't know. I am 30 something years old and don't enjoy playing games on my phone. That makes my head and eyes hurt. I will do it every now and then, but it will never be my main way of playing any game.

Hopefully, EA doing this bit of housecleaning will lead the Sims franchise out of this rut. Some of the gurus didn't always seem so professional when it came to interacting with the community. No matter how someone talks to you doesn't not mean you respond in that same manner. I would have never done that at my job. Simmers are very passionate and just want to feel like they are being heard. "Feel like", which does not mean every single little idea from a consumer doesn't need to be translated over to the game. It means using the information shared my simmers to shape the direction of the future the Sims 4.
  • Options
    More_Moore wrote: »
    Doubtful that it is the end. It's still widely successful as a franchise. They're not so dumb as to drop off one of the best sellers, even if that means the title will become more mobile-based/casual or something, it'll still be there. Bet.

You be surprised
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    No it's not obvious at all. If this was an insider.. big, big if. He/she is disgruntled and there is no telling why they were let go. They are also making a career mistake posting this in case they are found out... so that alone would make them dubious in my book. I think the Sims 4 is meant to last awhile.. which they have been telling us from early on. That doesn't mean there will be no 5 or reboot. They might just take a breather between them, if tech advances there might be a much better game in the next installment when it happens.

They are already fired though.They have nothing to loose.This person publish a comment on development months ago.So there probably legit.If yhey havnt been starting to make sims 5 yet .They are probably are not going to do it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

They are already fired though.They have nothing to loose.This person publish a comment on development months ago.So there probably legit.If yhey havnt been starting to make sims 5 yet .They are probably are not going to do it

And they never want another job in the industry? That is poor judgement if true. If also true .. so they haven't begun a Sims 5 .. so what? How does that mean the Sims will never make another game?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options

And they never want another job in the industry? That is poor judgement if true. If also true .. so they haven't begun a Sims 5 .. so what? How does that mean the Sims will never make another game?

They usually start on the new games after the recent base game ia finish. They start on sims 3 after aims two It takes aleast four years to make a game .The sims 4 is almost four years old.If they are doing sims 5 they would aleast started on something. There nothing poor about this person decision.They are already fired.Saying comments about a former company won t hurt them.Most of the comments are not even flammatory just stuff that has been going on ?
  • Options

They usually start on the new games after the recent base game ia finish. They start on sims 3 after aims two It takes aleast four years to make a game .The sims 4 is almost four years old.If they are doing sims 5 they would aleast started on something. There nothing poor about this person decision.They are already fired.Saying comments about a former company won t hurt them.Most of the comments are not even flammatory just stuff that has been going on ?

Yes it would be a poor decision. If you want to work in the same industry someone hiring you after you easily throw your prior company under the bus has to think.. will they do the same to us? They might be under the cloak of anonymity here but it is possible to find this stuff out. So yes taking a chance with your livelyhood over not liking the product is not a smart move. And yes I know it takes awhile to develop a new game. We have no idea how long this one will run. Maybe for once they plan on completing it before moving on. That wouldn't be a bad move just not one we have seen before.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options

Yes it would be a poor decision. If you want to work in the same industry someone hiring you after you easily throw your prior company under the bus has to think.. will they do the same to us? They might be under the cloak of anonymity here but it is possible to find this stuff out. So yes taking a chance with your livelyhood over not liking the product is not a smart move. And yes I know it takes awhile to develop a new game. We have no idea how long this one will run. Maybe for once they plan on completing it before moving on. That wouldn't be a bad move just not one we have seen before.

Ea of all companisae ? EA has a terrible reputation .Its not like they are stellar anyway.Besides the person didnt say it was terrible to work there.The closer thing was they are probably going to sell mefocore pack as lpng as they can.The rest is they fired lo gtimr staffers.Now yes, but why would they lay off so many people? If they plan to make a sims 5.
  • Options

Ea of all companisae ? EA has a terrible reputation .Its not like they are stellar anyway.Besides the person didnt say it was terrible to work there.The closer thing was they are probably going to sell mefocore pack as lpng as they can.The rest is they fired lo gtimr staffers.Now yes, but why would they lay off so many people? If they plan to make a sims 5.

How many people? Are layoffs verified officially? Do we have numbers? Names? Reasons? Look, all of this is even has come from unidentified sources. Whose to say who has been fired.. shuffled.. restructured ect? We don't know. I agree with one thing something probably happened.. is it good? is it bad? is it life?
    We have one tweet.. one that came from the horses mouth and it didn't say much at all.. certainly didn't indicate any of this from the other "sources".
    I'm not saying they are making a new game now.. I'm not saying it will be started soon. How would I know that? I'm just saying Sims is profitable and I can't see how it would be done forever because of this. You are of course free to assume another will never be made. It's cool.

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

Eh, it's an anonymous post on Reddit. Perhaps the person already has another job anyway. Why would another company do the amount of digging needed to figure out who said something on Reddit? Especially if they didn't know that there was something to look for in the first place.

I don't know if 4 is the end of the series. I do know that if it's true that they haven't started working on TS5 I'd find that concerning. Sims games take years to make. Maybe 4 is the end of the series as we know it and the focus will shift away from PC. Who knows? If they do have a plan laid out, we won't know for a while.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    EA trying to force a mobile game onto us is not a good sign of things to come. Add to that no teaser for this quarter and this news, I am concerned about the future of the Sims.
  • Options
    @GabbyGirlJ I didn't say they would. I'm just saying that being anon online can backfire. This just indicates to me poor judgement if they are a professional. I doubt they are who they say they are, If they are.. then they have poor judgement or are possibly not employable for some reason.
    If they have some massive axe to grind .. that's a pretty sad way to get it out there.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @GabbyGirlJ I didn't say they would. I'm just saying that being anon online can backfire. This just indicates to me poor judgement if they are a professional. I doubt they are who they say they are, If they are.. then they have poor judgement or are possibly not employable for some reason.
    If they have some massive axe to grind .. that's a pretty sad way to get it out there.

Still its a fake name on a redfit post? Its not like its on the person twityer or favebook
  • Options

Still its a fake name on a redfit post? Its not like its on the person twityer or favebook

yes.. fake name.. on reddit... exactly..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2018
    TronesiaT wrote: »
    I don't have a huge problem with the Sims 4 being their last game. I would have a problem if EA stopped developing it. It still has so much more that can be done with it. Sims 4 runs much better than the other Sims PC games, even with the bug and glitches. I think like most big companies, EA may have gotten too far ahead of themselves. You cannot make everyone happy, but listening to the community as a guide is a way to start. I just feel like they lost the vision somewhere. When it was just a Maxis studio, there was nothing I didn't love. I understand companies get acquired but forgetting that initial vision and direction is a mistake of sorts. EA can come back from this. There are some of us loyal followers who started playing as pre-teens and are now parents and adults ourselves.

If someone is laid off from a job, there are multiple reason why this could have happened. Now leaving the PC version in the background and letting Sims mobile takeover. I don't know. I am 30 something years old and don't enjoy playing games on my phone. That makes my head and eyes hurt. I will do it every now and then, but it will never be my main way of playing any game.

Hopefully, EA doing this bit of housecleaning will lead the Sims franchise out of this rut. Some of the gurus didn't always seem so professional when it came to interacting with the community. No matter how someone talks to you doesn't not mean you respond in that same manner. I would have never done that at my job. Simmers are very passionate and just want to feel like they are being heard. "Feel like", which does not mean every single little idea from a consumer doesn't need to be translated over to the game. It means using the information shared my simmers to shape the direction of the future the Sims 4.
    Bit of housecleaning? Are you actually referring to dismissing a dev that has been working on the franchise for 20 years when you say a bit of housecleaning, necessary ‘to lead them out of this rut’, or am I totally misinterpreting? I’d say it rather maneuvers them into a rut.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited April 2018
    Not saying this is even right or anything. But. Why should they go on making new sims games forever? What do some people expect Sims 5/6/7/8? I for one , think it would be just fine if Sims 4 happened to be the final game. So long as its completed by the end of development.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    This probably will be the end f the series. Not as in they won't make more sims 4 packs, but as in Sims 4 is the final game.
    The news about the layoffs are troubling, but budget cuts?They fired even sims Veterens Then there is this little thread. https://www.reddit.com/user/fashionPolice2001 You can take as you will but its obvious this will probably be the last Sims game in the series.
    Is something wrong with the link now or with my Reddit account? I see nothing... :(
    Not saying this is even right or anything. But. Why should they go on making new sims games forever? What do some people expect Sims 5/6/7/8? I for one , think it would be just fine if Sims 4 happened to be the final game. So long as its completed by the end of development.
    Yes, that’s clearly what ‘some people’ are hoping. And some people don’t care whether they make Sims 4 complete or not. If it isn’t after 4 years, I’d say there’s something terribly wrong anyway.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited April 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Is something wrong with the link now or with my Reddit account? I see nothing... :(

Click the link, then click Comments, should be there.

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The most worrying thing is that no one from the PC team has come out to tell us that the rumors are fake.
    They can’t. EA doesn’t allow ordinary devs to talk about future games at all before they are announced. Therefore they can neither confirm nor deny any rumors. Only chosen top managers are allowed to comment on such things and they haven’t been asked. EA’s top also have many other games to care about. So they aren’t busy about such fake comments from somebody who claims to be a former dev but can’t be identified anyway.

IMO those comments are clearly false because they are made in a way that only a simmer but not a developer would comment. If they were from a former developer then they would have been more about how they worked in the studio.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Click the link, then click Comments, should be there.
    Oh, thanks :mrgreen: Yep, that worked. I notice most posts are recent, except for a post 283 days ago, where they presented a fun fact about GTW. Which for me supports the feeling it might be real. Mind you, not saying it’s actual proof, just something I notice.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi folks!

I'm closing this thread as we already have (and have had) some threads very similar to this.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top