Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with Architect profession

Just started the architect profession and doing some renovations and I get the message “I cannot live in this squalor. You need to give me enough to live before I let you finish”. Not sure what’s going on.

All the houses I’ve been to are completely empty so I haven’t deleted anything they’ve had. I’ve made sure there is enough beds for everyone and I’ve met all the requirements for the design yet I still get this coming up. Not sure what’s going on. Help?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2018
    I've had this happen before. It's not always directly related to the redesign that your sim was hired to do and could be a pre-existing condition. It seems that sometimes when the number of sleeping slots is sufficient, the game won't see it the same way we do. For example, partnered (even married) sims with a low relationship score towards each other will require separate double beds for each sim. I also vaguely recall something about bunk beds not always registering as two sleeping slots. And of course babies, toddlers, and pregnant sims require cribs, one for each.

Unless they already have way more than sufficient sleeping slots, have you tried shoving an additional double bed onto the lot someplace to see if that helps satisfy the customer?

There must also be a refrigerator somewhere on the lot.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SnazzySpike1SnazzySpike1 Posts: 380 Member
    I have just been placing single beds. I shall try the double beds tonight. And I did not know about the refrigerator. Thanks.