Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building Sims 3 vs 4

AddamsFamilyAddamsFamily Posts: 151 Member
I have always loved building in the Sims ,I never played the game just built. I love to make old gothic houses, nothing modern. I played the Sims 3 on my laptop but now I can't it broke so now my only option is to play on the the PlayStation. So my question is is building better in the Sims 4 or 3 should I get 4 for the ps4 or 3 for PS3
Ps. I also love gothic stuff and the new vampire pack looks like It has cool stuff

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    My big caveat here: I am not a console gamer. That said, I'd go for Sims 4 on the PS4 before Sims 3 on the PS3. The reason for that is the Sims 4 is a direct port, whereas the Sims 3 for PS3 is a spinoff.

OTOH, you may like the spinoff better than the game it's spun from, so I guess I'm not being too helpful. Can you find any lets plays to see?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Ask the console forum about the Sims 4 controls. There has been an update, but that was one major turn off to many. That would be my advice. It is simple to for me to build on PC, but my daughter was not impressed with trying to build on console. Like I said, there has been an update since my daughter returned the console version.
  • Options
    What do you mean it's a spinoff?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

Until Sims 4 on console, the console games did not exactly match the PC version. Sims 4 is marketed to be the just like the PC.
  • Options
    So is building better? In the Sims 4
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Building is easier in the Sims 4 and the tools are a lot more intuitive. Whether that equals better is a matter of opinion. I think for console use, though, Sims 4 style would be much better.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

Until Sims 4 on console, the console games did not exactly match the PC version. Sims 4 is marketed to be the just like the PC.

Sims 3 came very close. I preferred sims 3 on console to pc. But yea it's identical this time to pc which is awesome for new players and old.
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    I love building in the sims 4 i build all the time, i think it’s easy to get the hang of.