Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Notification help

I tried to search for my problem, but I couldn't find an answer and it's not a technical issue or bug so I didn't know where to post this at so I made a new one.

I've never had a Sims game before, I don't have my Sims game connected to any social media or anything so I was wondering if it picks up people nearby by that play the game too, I keep getting notifications about someone named Maxis saving different rooms, is there a way I can turn them off so I don't keep getting them everytime this Maxis person saves a room or favorites something?

Comments

• Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Maxis is the name of the company who makes the game lol

I pretty sure those notifications are coming from the Gallery since you might be connected to the internet while using the game. Did you try going into settings and shutting off one of the online options?
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    LOL "This Maxis person." haha made my day!!! Maxis is the company that makes game and their logo is the second logo on our loading screens. You can disable the online notifications by going into the game settings/other and turning off the online notifications.

Also if you go to your library, you will see Maxis under "All" under "View content by" If you click on it you will find lots in which some are included in the base game as few others. Also, there are additional lots that were made for a some of packs. You can't unfollow them and I wish we could, as it is rather annoying when whoever it is has the job is working away favoring content.

One person you should follow MaxisCreator_01. Uner account you can find builds and households used in the trailers.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    RadicalMissyMRadicalMissyM Posts: 41 Member
    @x_Always_Heart_x @PsychoSimXX Oh, now I just feel stupid. lol I didn't know that Maxis was the company that makes the game, I don't pay attention to the screen when it's loading.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Don't feel bad. It was really cute and made me grin big. We all do stuff like that, believe it. I've come to the forums to find out stuff about the game that is well known or I just didn't pick up on even recently. Like that you can switch aspirations.. it scrolls across the loading screen but I didn't know you could just switch for like 6 months in lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited March 2018
    I agree no reason to feel bad or stupid. If I wouldn't have been playing the game from the beginning and TS4 was my first of the series, I just might have done the very same thing. I do not know the developing or let alone the publishing company from every game I play and I never will. It just isn't something I really care about enough to retain in my brain. Even though it wasn't intended as such, your wording of was rather hilarious and very innocent. Just always remember the words my dad used to say "If we were all perfect, we would live in very boring world."

Welcome to forums and the wonderful world of The Sims.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    IISireIIIISireII Posts: 1 New Member
    Speaking of notifications, I keep getting a pop-up notification when I lose signal on my WiFi. These notifications pop-up about every three seconds spamming my screen. I tried to find a solution in the in game options but I did not find anything for it. I Searched online and the only result I seen is a post from EA forum saying "An internet connection is required to activate the game for the first time. However after that, a persistent online connection is not required to play The Sims 4." If internet is not required, why do I keep getting these pop ups every few seconds and how do I disable it? Please someone help.