Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dissapaering place mat ?

So my sims set the table and when they sit to eat the place mat disappears. I don’t think it has always been like this. Did they change this?

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    nope, every time mine have set placemats ever since that came out in parenthood, they would disappear as soon as a sim set a dish on the mat. the mat is basically a 'come sit here' to try and get the family together for a meal or get them to stop stupidly eating right in front of the fridge...

once a dish is set there, the mat is 'used' and it will get tossed/cleaned when the dish put on it does. replacing them sure is a way to get manners for your kids and/or teens if the household has them, though
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    nope, every time mine have set placemats ever since that came out in parenthood, they would disappear as soon as a sim set a dish on the mat. the mat is basically a 'come sit here' to try and get the family together for a meal or get them to stop stupidly eating right in front of the fridge...

once a dish is set there, the mat is 'used' and it will get tossed/cleaned when the dish put on it does. replacing them sure is a way to get manners for your kids and/or teens if the household has them, though

hm weird I swear it used to disappear after they left the table even in the trailer they stay when the sim is eating.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @Cheekybits , you're right, it's a bug. Thread on AHQ site is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PH-Vanishing-Placemats/m-p/6442988#M52533

You can click the "me too" to add you to the count of simmers experiencing the bug.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    @Cheekybits , you're right, it's a bug. Thread on AHQ site is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PH-Vanishing-Placemats/m-p/6442988#M52533

You can click the "me too" to add you to the count of simmers experiencing the bug.

Phew! I thought I was going crazy. I clicked me too i hope it gets fixed.