Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

closed

MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
edited February 2018 in Off Topic Chat
I have a variety of health problems but am a YA who is constantly clashing with my parents who I still live with, about stuff. I feel like I have no control over anything that's not going to the gym or going to my twice a week (normally) program or what kind of salad (on the 4 days and weekends) or supper once a week (in this case tomorrow). Anything I *want* control like being able to go to the doctor's office on my own because I had enough of Dad issues I can't do (ie go on my own) and I had tried to write a contract to tell him if he's starts asking questions/or talking about stuff (which he has done in the past-I can tell him to wait in the waiting room and if I need the doc to tell him something I can call him back in (or alternatively if he has concerns-he can talk to the doctor in private) but Mom says the idea is 'hurtful' and he's also concern about the questions the doctor might ask --which will be the same questions for the last several years). Or if I want to make a cake- and I want to use one of the cake pans I brought with my own money to make a cake for a party or for a "friend" Mom's suggest making a bundt cake instead because 1)it's easier to carry 2)easier to cut 3)thinner slices=feed more people. Moving out isn't an option because of how expensive apartments are in the area and also because I'm on disability income.
Once minute they're wanting me to be an adult (for example when I'm getting sick of making salad all the time) and the next minute they're wanting me to still be a child (not allowing me to go to the doctor's or go to Pickering Town Centre by myself)
6adMCGP.gif
Post edited by MadameLee on

Comments

• Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Go live on your own. It's the only solution and it worked for me too.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited February 2018
    garapoes wrote: »
    Go live on your own. It's the only solution and it worked for me too.

@garapoes
    Moving out isn't an option because apartments in the Durham region are expensive and my only income is from Disability income and if I was to move out-I would only have enough money to cover rent and have little left for other necessities (food and clothes). Apartments here start at about something like $900 and if I was living on my own I would only get about $1,000 (I currently get something like $800 because of living with my parents). I think there's might be a waiting list for DHMS residential program. Also there's the fact I never actually lived on my own..in the past when I was child up until I was around 11 I got sick everytime I was away at Girl guide camp and not just homesick, but sick sick. After an incident (low blood sugar) when I was 11-Mom had to come with me to future camps. I haven't been alone since then until back in October 2010 when I was alone in the house overnight when my parents went to Stratford, Ontario to see some plays some of which Mom and I had seen that summer Also there's the issue I can't really work (well I COULD but I would risk my benefits being taken away it has happened to others on "Disability income")
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif