Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have They Confirmed NPC Adventurers?

Will other Sims go out and get in trouble and explore temples or is it only the controlled household Sims? Since Bella Goth seems to be wherever I go-gym, restaurant, nightclub, bar, park, retail, GTW careers, walk by when I go camping-I am curious if she will meet her demise with this DLC? o:)
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    That depends: do other NPC households go out vacationing autonomously in TS4? No, not that I recall. So I don't think I would expect other households to adventure on their own either. Could they implement NPCs to do that eventually? Sure they could. Leave it to @SimGuruNinja to answer the possibilities of this happening...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Other households do actually show up while you're camping. (I once had Diego Lobo wandering around and he looked entertaining put out/annoyed the entire time he was there) They walk around the area (in camping clothing) and use the facilities and such. I guess there is probably a chance they could get into trouble but it would probably be rare and only if there are dangers in readily available public spaces. I doubt they'd be programmed to wander into the areas that you have to hack your way through to access. Maybe if you're around they could get attacked by spiders but I don't think they'd be in any danger of dying unless it was something that could kill them immediately like fire or being shocked.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited February 2018
    That depends: do other NPC households go out vacationing autonomously in TS4? No, not that I recall. So I don't think I would expect other households to adventure on their own either. Could they implement NPCs to do that eventually? Sure they could. Leave it to @SimGuruNinja to answer the possibilities of this happening...

Hmm, well, there are other families in Granite Falls, staying in some of the rental cabins. You see them out doing the usual NPC activities, but I guess I don't see them catching bugs or harvesting the flora that is unique to GF. They do play horseshoes if there is one on a community lot. So I guess it might be possible, but then again, maybe it would be distracting. In TS4 Packs so far, the Played households have the focus. For instance, you don't see NPC vamps biting other NPCs, etc, at least I don't.

Edit:
    Oh, this tweet looks a bit intriguing:

So maybe NPCs will be adventuring....
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would think that if you see other households in SD, they are there on vacation. If they went exploring, they might trigger things before your sim gets there, so, for that reason they might just be vacationers.
  • Options
    danishmuffindanishmuffin Posts: 82 Member
    If I recall from the livestream, there's a part where they mouse over one of the vacation homes (the fancy one in the less populated area with pools) and it looks like the Landgraabs are staying there. I'm going to have to go back and look for it.

I feel like other NPCs could probably visit but whether or not we'll run into them in the jungle... idk. I honestly don't know which I'd prefer either
  • Options
    If I recall from the livestream, there's a part where they mouse over one of the vacation homes (the fancy one in the less populated area with pools) and it looks like the Landgraabs are staying there. I'm going to have to go back and look for it.

I feel like other NPCs could probably visit but whether or not we'll run into them in the jungle... idk. I honestly don't know which I'd prefer either

You are correct, The Landgrabbs are vacationing in SD with junior.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @3KNPen Well that explains why I haven't gone vacationing to GF yet; played households though don't do that autonomously when you're not playing them, is that correct?

@Livin in Sim I actually can recall an NPC vamp biting a played Sim late night at a gym when I wasn't playing them; (was witnessing this as another household) does that count?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    @3KNPen Well that explains why I haven't gone vacationing to GF yet; played households though don't do that autonomously when you're not playing them, is that correct?

@Livin in Sim I actually can recall an NPC vamp biting a played Sim late night at a gym when I wasn't playing them; (was witnessing this as another household) does that count?

Ah, interesting, I will have to watch for that. Sure, that would count, if you weren't playing either household at the time. It may have happened in my game and I just didn't notice it going on in the background, too.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018

I don't play rotationally so I don't know if another of your played houses would show up as a NPC household visiting the vacation world while you're there with another played household. It's possible since the game just randomly pulls a few households and plops them down. However if they did they'd be in very little danger of dying and it wouldn't affect any of the story line stuff you have going on. Also this would only happen if you were visiting the vacation world in question with a played sim. If you never travel to a vacation world none of the other sims in the game (be it your played households or NPC) would ever go to a vacation world.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    @SimGuruNinja In the LS, you hovered over the "romantic" house and the Landgrabbs were staying there. Do other households show up on vacation or were you playing them also at the same time? I don't recall other households showing up in GF and renting cabins. Is this a new feature and will it be added to OR as well? I know other NPC's can "walk by" in GF but they don't rent a cabin do they?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja In the LS, you hovered over the "romantic" house and the Landgrabbs were staying there. Do other households show up on vacation or were you playing them also at the same time? I don't recall other households showing up in GF and renting cabins. Is this a new feature and will it be added to OR as well? I know other NPC's can "walk by" in GF but they don't rent a cabin do they?

I think they do rent cabins in Granite falls, but I don't remember why I feel that way. I just believe that i've seen the other cabins rented out and have visited other campers before.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

You see other townies like Bella in Granite Falls why not in Selvadarado?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    NPC's do rent cabin's in Granite Falls... you can even visit them (and live off of them) but you have to find them there.. often they aren't at their rental when you try.
    Somehow I doubt they will be in the temple when you are... or maybe in other dangerous areas. Personally I hope not that would be a whole lot of saving to keep your other families safe if you play in rotation.

*figured I throw in an edit to say you of course still have to rent your lot in GF.. just some of my poorer sims often don't use their rented lot.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Well they said there are dangers in the jungle. You are in the jungle no matter what in that vacation place so I was curious if walk by Sims/NPC Sims will get into troubles.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    I have seen other sims wandering around GF but I've never seen the other rentals being used.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So you are willing to bring kids and toddlers around and risk them being in harms way isn't that called your sim is a bad parent?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    So you are willing to bring kids and toddlers around and risk them being in harms way isn't that called your sim is a bad parent?

Yep. A little variety is always fun. :D
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Yep. A little variety is always fun. :D
    True but some sims are smarter then others and mine always seem dumb and in the bad parent area already. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Well since you don't have to go on adventures your sims can just sightsee and campout with their children,toddlers and even pets.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sims 3 World Adventures had NPC adventurers I just noticed when playing it. Wow I never played WA that much before and its amazing. Vacations, adventuring, wooing the local ladies ;) , martial arts, nectar making, photography, and more. Its awesome. Sims 4 Jungle Adventures is going to feel like a joke compared to TS3 WA at this rate. Oh well Hopefully with the framework now we will see more adventure DLC (would've been better as an expansion pack though).
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    In my opinion sims 3 WA was good but after you did the tombs and such you were done no reason to return. The feature I did like however was buying vacation homes. Sims 4 needs something big for our sims to spend money on my sims have 400k (no cheats) and nothing to do with it....
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    In my opinion sims 3 WA was good but after you did the tombs and such you were done no reason to return. The feature I did like however was buying vacation homes. Sims 4 needs something big for our sims to spend money on my sims have 400k (no cheats) and nothing to do with it....
    I apparently have a lot of trouble remembering 25 tombs by heart over a time span of 8 years because I’m exploring the Dragon’s Maw at the moment like it’s the first time. Actually it’s the fourth time (or fifth, I lost track).
    5JZ57S6.png