Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mods question

Do any of you use mods and if so have they crashed your game, etc?

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Mods question go into the Mods section of the forum. I use Mods and I haven't had them crash my game (but stuff like the C&D playable Pets Mod *really* need to be updated)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Do any of you have mods and have they crashed your game or computer. I would really like to have mods but I don't want to do something I regret
  • Options
    How can you tell if they are updated?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    How can you tell if they are updated?

@Sassycotton Depends on what kind of Mod maybe write down the names of the mods used and put it here? Sometimes simmers retire from modding and don't update their mods so sometimes an updated version might be made by another party and it might be hidden in the comments sections
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Funeral event mod by brittpinkiesims
    Autism spectrum disorder trait
    Bipolar trait by emile20
    PTSD trait
    Anxious trait by skilynn
    Depressed trait by saphryn
    Borderline personality disorder by MiceyLULU
    Tough protector trait by BreezyHoodie
    Social anxiety trait by irdiescentlaura
    ADHD trait by FiendMODS
    Introvert trait by theswarm

Hope you can help me get these

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited February 2018
    Brittpinkiesims is actually on a hiatus and also will probably not be returning to modding or CC. Her links are actually disabled at the moment so no one can't download her out of date mods on winx.

Someone did update some of her mods with her permission.

-Funeral mod
    -Fashion Career
    -Graduation Mod
    -Harry Potter Mod

You can find those here.

The PTSD seems to be working fine most of those you are on mod the sims and you can tell if a mod has been updated if you look at the information on it to see if the creator has been updating it as it will mention if the creator has been active at all as it is a fair warning that the mod might not work anymore.

I haven't had any problems with my game breaking from mods usually they don't work or it might glitch, in which I'll just end up removing the mod and everything is fine.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    The other sims mods at other places said file dangerous to load so I click off them. The only one that didn't say that was the funeral one. Could you help me get the others also I would like to add more than 8 sims to my house could you also help me with that please and Thank you
  • Options
    EggplantEggplant Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if there is a mod that lets you have two different households living on the same lot but you can only control one of them? I'd like to do a gameplay quite similar to the tv show Friends but I don't want all sims to be in the same household, but I still want them to be able to go to each other's houses without going to the loading screen. I don't even know if this makes any sense at all, I just don't know how to explain it. And I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this kind of question, I just couldn't find another place
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited February 2018
    Eggplant wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a mod that lets you have two different households living on the same lot but you can only control one of them? I'd like to do a gameplay quite similar to the tv show Friends but I don't want all sims to be in the same household, but I still want them to be able to go to each other's houses without going to the loading screen. I don't even know if this makes any sense at all, I just don't know how to explain it. And I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this kind of question, I just couldn't find another place

@Eggplant Maybe you should try buying the city living expansion? It comes with apartment blocks and there is an interaction with it that lets you give keys to your apartment to other sims, which means sims from another household can enter your apartment whenever they want, provided your sim gives them the keys.

There are also mods that allow you to expand the normal amount of sims allowed in a household, but you'd still be able to control all the sims within said household. If you allow full autonomy or have autonmy disabled for only the active sim (autonomy is free will and having it on means sims can take care of themselves, if you have it off I think they will only do things on their own if their needs are very low and they need to do something about it, though Idk cuz I play with autonomy). Having autuonmy on would allow the other sims in the household to take care of themselves without you having to take control of them, so you could just not click on the sims you didn't want to control. I'm sorry, these are the closest things I could think of, as I'd never heard of such mod. Mod for expanding households here: modthesims.info/d/536556

Or you can download mc command center, mc command center is a complex mod that allows you to do a lot of things, expanding households is one of them:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/main

Idk if they're updated to latest patch though and mods can act funny if they aren't compatible with the latest patch so check to see they are compatible.

If you wanted to use the expand household thing you could probably look up semi-detatched houses or fake apartments on the gallery (semi-detatched =houses where you have two houses directly next to each other, they share a wall, and then you could use door locking to establish some kind of barrier between the "two" houses/apartments) ("" because it would still technically be one lot and thus one house.) But that could get tricky since you want your sims to be able to go in and out of the two houses, if you leave a door unlocked sims might come into the other houses/apartments and start using the utilities i.e computer, shower all the time.

I think if you buy city living and give sims a key to a real apartment (in the above paragraph I was talking about making a fake apartment, real apartments in the sims don't work like that) but anyway... Using a real apartment with city living, sims given a key may still use your utilities because guest sims do that anyway, but it would definitely not happen as frequently as if you had them living on the same lot but locked some doors, because they wouldn't be at the apartment all the time to use the utilities. I hope that makes sense.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click