Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could there be a patch so toddlers and children can have "unnatural hair colours"?

Could there be a patch so toddlers and children can have "unnatural hair colours"?
6adMCGP.gif

Comments

• Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited February 2018
    I agree because I do not like using too much CC and I would like to add unnatural haircolors to my vampire and alien toddlers.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,756 Member
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    I agree because I do not like using too much CC and I would like to add unnatural haircolors to my vampire and alien toddlers.

One of my sims in my Disney-simself save is Kida but I can't get her hair colour in toddler and child except with CC (and still it doesn't look right)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Yes please add this.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    I have been waiting for a long time for them to do that. :(
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    YES! This is why I loved playing crazy colored hair sims in 3 SO they can have kids and grandchildren with that crazy hair...it really angered me that the kids had normal hair when there parents had blue and pink hair so A MILLION times yes!
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    I would reallyyy appreciate this as well.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would really like this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    This is a must! I traditionally make Candy Bher and her sister have pink and blue hair respectively, pink and blue eyes too, etc, colour themed, and it’s annoying seeing their grandkids get the eyes but never the hair. In sims 3 I’d get constant surprises of bright neon hairs from a punk rock sim or an alien hybrid, if they married a regular hair colored sim then you’d maybe get a generation of regular blacks and browns and blondes but then their children would end up with their grandpas crazy shade and it was so funny, I wanna have that again and pray EA patch toddlers so they genetically get these hair tones. Also add more if they’re never gonna patch us a colour wheel. Add more so we don’t need one
  • Options
    aria34556aria34556 Posts: 26 Member
    idk i personally thinkit's almost unethical to dye a tocdlers hair but at the same time there are like foreign species and what not and for some people its part of their culture so it's only right they allow additional hair colors
  • Options
    LindiOutOfAfricaLindiOutOfAfrica Posts: 17 Member
    While dyeing children's hair is definely a really bad idea in real life, the base game gives you the option of special skintones like green and blue. My blue skinned, blue haired sims can't have blue haired kids, so the "but it's unnatural" part doesn't make any sense. What about aliens, vampires, and other supernaturals that will most likely be added in later expansions?
    qmKQpYB.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,756 Member
    KyokoChan wrote: »
    While dyeing children's hair is definely a really bad idea in real life, the base game gives you the option of special skintones like green and blue. My blue skinned, blue haired sims can't have blue haired kids, so the "but it's unnatural" part doesn't make any sense. What about aliens, vampires, and other supernaturals that will most likely be added in later expansions?

alien+human babies can sometimes end up with other colour skin colours.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LindiOutOfAfricaLindiOutOfAfrica Posts: 17 Member
    > @MadameLee said:

> alien+human babies can sometimes end up with other colour skin colours.

Exactly! And even more reason to add the colours for children and toddlers.
    qmKQpYB.jpg
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I would like a toddler vampire with bright blue hair. Also, while they're at it, could they maybe add a purple color...?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'd also like this. I My fish sim's kids should have the same blue hair he does.

Semi-related, I'd also like to put make-up on our sim toddlers. I don't want to go Toddlers & Tiaras or anything (though I have a crazy show mom sim who probably would), but it would be cute to have toddlers with l'il rosy cheeks.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’d love this! The “your parents have colourful hair, here have this random colour” thing is really annoying.
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    This would be nice. I guess in their minds if a sim has unnatural hair color, it's dyed. But what if your sim has naturally unnatural-colored hair? *insert thinking emoji*

At least to me...my sims are characters. I design them in lots of different ways. CC toddler/children hair colors are wonky and keep switching through the palettes.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I completely agree about the haircolors for toddlers and children. If you create offspring in CAS and the offspring is a teen then they can inherit unnatural hair colors. So that proves they are coded to be genetic. So children should be able to inherit their parents unnatural hair colors, especially in combination with unnatural skin tones.

I have CC hair for the unnatural colors with correct genetic inheritance so my alien kids can have matching hair colors to their skin tones. This is the only CC part in my game. I try to avoid CC as much as possible but this is the only exception I make because I really miss the color options.