Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to bypass launcher and start the game through the ts3w.exe?

kwohldkwohld Posts: 110 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I am having a few issues with my game crashing, so I am doing some of the things suggested as per this link: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Crashes-CTD/m-p/656 but when I get to the part where it tells me to "Bypass the launcher and start the game through the ts3w.exe" by going to programs(x86)\theSims3\Game\Bin, I notice I do not have a folder in 'programs(x86)' or 'programs' that says "thesims3" or "EA", or in the ProgramData folder. Would it be somewhere else, maybe?

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited February 2018
    My guess is your program files are under Origin Games and you're on patch 1.69 (latest). Unfortunately, you cannot open the game without the launcher if that's the case. That's a nifty way to start the game if you can do it, but any of us who had to go with the latest patch are out of luck. Things I have no clue about is what your files would be under if you're either on a Mac or playing via Steam, but someone else here will know.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    To answer your question we'd have to know more. How did you install the game (Origin, Steam, disk? - the folders will be different), your OS (Mac, Windows?), patch level (1.67?). As stated above, if you are on 1.69 don't bother with that tip, you can no longer avoid the Launcher that way.