Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea: School Daze Game Pack (Idea).

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I understand that there is a lot more interaction with Sims 4 in teaching your kids skills at home. But is it too much to ask for that like Get To Work, that school could be just as interactive? School Daze Expansion Pack, perhaps the ability of Child and Teen sims to interact with the teachers in classes if you choose to, instead of it being a rabbit-hole like in TS3...during class hours. If you're going to give us less than TS3 with regards to travelling around town, then how about fleshing out school as well: for those who don't want to "home-school" their kids and see their marks go down.

interactive field trips: have the teacher take them to various places for field trips, utilize those as skill-building interactions.

Just a thought from a TS3 player.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    I think it's a great idea!! And if you don't want to travel with them, let them go on their own or to boarding school.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If they go and do something with high school I want it in detail and done right so its something I don't just do once and never go back to it like "cough" Get to Work...

I want something that works like the yoga trainer mat only for classrooms with the teacher up front at the chalkboard and 8 or so desk that fit into the slot so they could follow along and do the work and not get up with options like (History 1 hour). It would also be great to have a football field with the option to create a high school football team that can practice or play against another team if you have another school set in a different world otherwise a team of townies. Another thing I'd like to be able to create is a cheerleading team with a few routines and do school plays with a theater set up. Be nice to have a cafeteria and a office for the principal for those teens who pull pranks or are goofing off in class.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ANGELFACE123ANGELFACE123 Posts: 11 New Member
    I am ready for my sims to be college-bound.
    They can bring back
    - Laptops
    - Use backpacks
    - Call the headmaster
    - Aptitude (SAT) test
    - Applying Scholarship
    - Social group
    - Fields Trips
    - Teacher careers
    - Kegs (kegs stand)
    -
    Sims in college can get Small cage pets since can’t take their dogs or cats with them to
    o Birds
    o Reptiles
    o Gerbils
    - Sleepover/Greek/ toga/Proms/graduations or college-bound teen only parties
    toddlers/children/teens schooling
    - Preschools for toddlers optional
    o like daycare when your sims go to work they go to preschool
    o can work on their skills
    o parents must enroll them and pay tuition
    o Make friends
    - Homeschool
    - If they have high grades they can call the headmasters and try to get into private school (they still can back home daily) (rich parents can bribe them)
    - If they have low grades they can go to boarding or Military school (they come back when they age up or get kick out for being too bad)
    College/university
    - Have 2 or 3 schools
    - Community college for the neighborhood for the sims with kids or too broke for university
    o Teen can take a class or 2 to get ahead
    o Aptitude prep-test to know what they need to skill up in to get in to school
    - Applying for colleges
    o 24 Waiting for reply (tense or nervous moodlet)
    o Rejected (sad) or accepted (happy) letters
    - they can choose to with parent, w/ roommates on their own or on campus
    - The neighborhood for the school can be visit for Family.
    o Parent can have a surprise visit and stay the night
    o sim for can go home on weekend when homesick or need to wash clothes
    - School rivals
    - You can join or send alone to school
    Random stuff
    - Children and teen can get crushes on other sims or older siblings friend
    - Teddy bears for toddlers help them on their 1st day of preschool (and keep them nightmare away)
    - Cars (turn loading screen into a mini-game like in TS3)
    o Garage and driveways
    o Randomly breakdown
    o Run errands
    o Gas stations
    o Baby or toddler’s car seats
    o Have alarm installed or have car seats installed
    o Tricycles for toddlers (levels up movement)
    o Bikes for children and up (helps levels up exercise)
    o Parents can Take kids and toddlers to school and daycare before work
    o Go pick up food from restaurants
    o Mechanic Careers
    o Repo-man can take It away if you don’t make your car payment
    - Military career
    Afterschool’s clubs
    - Ballet
    - scouts
    - afterschool’s sports
    - family can go to the games
    - more part-time jobs
    o Grocery store (other sims can visit and by food)
    o Gas station clerks
  • Options
    everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    I don't know about high school and grammar school, but I definitely want to see college return. I loved it in Sims 2 and 3.
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
  • Options
    John_CitronJohn_Citron Posts: 140 Member
    I don't know about high school and grammar school, but I definitely want to see college return. I loved it in Sims 2 and 3.

I did too. That was a great add-on with some interesting Sim interactions in it from what I remember.
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    Some really cool ideas here. I really hope for a school and/or university pack.

It would also be nice to play as a teacher instead, for example in an education career. That way we would be able to control what is happening in the classroom, as opposed to being able to only control one student. But when you're playing as a teacher, it would be nice to see the children that live in the neighbourbhood actually attending school, instead of random townies. Maybe we could even be able to create our own classes, similar to the Get Together club system.

Playing as a teacher could create challenges like students with low grades that need tutoring, disruptive students that need discipline or students skipping class and whose parents will have to be contacted, angry parents that try to blame the teacher for their children's bad grades, etc.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Education Pack would be cool
    I don't really care about Elementary School

But I don care about High school and College.
    I Would Love a world For a campus.
    I'd have the main building, the Gymnasium, a Soccer Field because Soccer would be the most anticipated Sport in my game
    School colors: Gold, Silver, and Black.
    Mascot: {Narrowing it down Bear, Wolf, Horse, Lion, Rose, King, Knight, Pirates}
    I have most of the Student Body ready to attend
    I have the Headmaster, Coach teachers for each subject.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Education Pack would be cool
    I don't really care about Elementary School

But I don care about High school and College.
    I Would Love a world For a campus.
    I'd have the main building, the Gymnasium, a Soccer Field because Soccer would be the most anticipated Sport in my game
    School colors: Gold, Silver, and Black.
    Mascot: {Narrowing it down Bear, Wolf, Horse, Lion, Rose, King, Knight, Pirates}
    I have most of the Student Body ready to attend
    I have the Headmaster, Coach teachers for each subject.

Let's be honest, it'll probably be a llama mascot. ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    ~evil grin~ Yes, llamas are cool.

https://youtu.be/AehhZtYedCU
    Here's an earworm.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MysticTigg5MysticTigg5 Posts: 19 Member
    I like the idea of a school interaction where we could decide to go with or just send them off to school. And having them build skills in school would be great!
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think a full education system would be an amazing EP perhaps after sessions so we can have Highschool graduation and prom and proper holidays/ move in days. You could go even further and have teens go on University open days perhaps unicould have different mood buffs like Coffee shops do and so a uni may not appeal to a particular sim.

Or how about if a sim does badly in school they get rejected by university’s and have to go to community college and then reapply the possibility’s really are endless for this kind of pack.
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I would love this as well!
  • Options
    nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 82 Member
    Yes this would be an excellent game pack. These functions were essentially available on the sims 3 university life, but we also want to be able to do more with teens and child sims. I have been using zerbu's get to school mod to simulate this, but it would be nice if EA came out with a game pack. This is something that simmers have wanted for a long time. I've even seen posts about sims being able to join sports teams and clubs in school and that would be nice if you could go to a basketball game for you sim child's school
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited February 2018
    Im all for it and I even had my own post requesting this. I do not like the fact that school is meaningless and empty . I want to be more involved and also have graduation ceremonies.

If a sim makes a bad grade they dont get to move on. It would make the child/teen life stage a lot more meaningful! Going to school with them + affect on future opportunities + more gameplay for kids/teens and I would love family play o:)<3
  • Options
    MidagereMidagere Posts: 67 Member
    Yes, this would be excellent... I used Zerbu's pack some time ago, but it's not as it would be if it was original. I always loved playing in school :D
    giphy.gif
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.
  • Options
    tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    Seems like a very good idea considering that in real life, we spend more hours in school than in our own houses.
  • Options
    jpwflyr1simjpwflyr1sim Posts: 6 New Member
    I think an option to go to school and stuff with your child/teen would be AMAZING
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Boarding school too! o:)<3
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    All of these ideas are amazing! This would be a great pack to see. :)
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree