Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Druids in Next Game Pack?

Interesting item in the Laundry Day stuff pack.

Wreath of Living Brambles

Occult: DRU (Possible Druid)

Natures Blight - Allows spells to do more damage

Silence of the Snake - Causes sims to be less hateful of any heal or damage spell cast?

Sounds like it to me, what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    mariepeek28mariepeek28 Posts: 172 Member
    I really hope this is true! I think it would be awesome to have spells!
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    Yes, me as well. Right now I use the Sorcerer mod on Mod the Sims and hoped to see witches this year, due to the success of the vampire pack, but druids intrigue me and having watched the teaser again, I can see druids fitting into that Aztec style we are seeing for the game pack.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    edited January 2018
    Valmion wrote: »
    Yes, me as well. Right now I use the Sorcerer mod on Mod the Sims and hoped to see witches this year, due to the success of the vampire pack, but druids intrigue me and having watched the teaser again, I can see druids fitting into that Aztec style we are seeing for the game pack.

Really, Druids were from British Isles far removed from the Aztec gods

A druid was a member of the high-ranking professional class in ancient Celtic cultures. While perhaps best remembered as religious leaders, they were also legal authorities, adjudicators, lorekeepers, medical professionals and political advisors.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    Right, I agree with the historic aspect of druids, but I am still seeing this item that sure looks like a druid as a new occult class.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This could also work in a Jungle Adventure pack.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    What it looks like to me is a tongue-in-cheek items description based on D&D or Magic: the Gathering, nothing more.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    Were these descriptions of items in the Item Catalog or is it something that was found in the actual game code?

Because they've gone on record of saying that they do not hide hints in the Item Catalog descriptions they're just flavor text and nothing more.

If it's in the code then it might be preparing for a future Witches/Fairy supernatural pack with magic in it but I highly doubt they would be in the next one we're getting.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    cedesdccedesdc Posts: 93 Member
    Ah! I loved that wreath, I did a double take when I saw it though, trying to remember what game I was playing lol. Can't wait for magic items!!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    The item description makes no sense without druids/witches so I am hoping :D
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the item description makes sense if you think about it referencing an older game people used to (and i'm sure some still do) play. something that has an item like... http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=31579
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    Valmion wrote: »

Really, Druids were from British Isles far removed from the Aztec gods

A druid was a member of the high-ranking professional class in ancient Celtic cultures. While perhaps best remembered as religious leaders, they were also legal authorities, adjudicators, lorekeepers, medical professionals and political advisors.

True. All of it. But it wasn't just the British Isles.
    They were in France, Spain, parts of Germany, even east of that in Rumania and even parts of Turkey. The British Isles is where they survived the longest, as far as I'm aware. With reduced functionality, freedom and authority arguably even well into the middle ages and beyond, with some Families being able to trace their roots back to them and still, after all those centuries, traveling to Stonehenge each year and practiceing the old rituals even today. A young man my Godfather once met claims to be from one of those families.
    And as we are talking European History: The Germanics had the Völva, some sort of female Druid. In northern Germany, Denmark and Scandinavia, Women could carry that Title until the 11th century.
    The Witch Hunts from the 14th to the 18th century erradicated a subculture among peasants and other lower classes who still relayed on the remains of pagan culture and the people who still did some of the duties and kept the knowlege of a Druid or a Völva besides being a farmer, a miller, a blacksmith or a craftsman, ,very commonly, a nurse at the same time and without holding the title. The lower classes couldn't read or write, nor did they understand Latin, therefore they couldn't possebly know what christianity was all about besides having to go to church every sunday for some sort of God, to whom only the Priest could talk to and who posessed great power.
    Within that Subculture of Medieval Scociety, the influence wasn't pure Celtic, Germanic or anything else but actually a mixture. In 1486, for example, German Monk Heinrich Kramer published his Book "Malleus Malleficarum", where he described "Witches" worshipping "The Devil and his Spirits" on "Several" occasions. He claims to have witnessed such events himself and talked to people who witnessed that as well. And he is jsut the most notable of several authors. (And that means something, given that one of those other authors was a King of Schottland) From his descriptions, one can identify several gods and godesses from pre-christian european religions, or pagan gods for simplicity. Among others: Thor, Odin (Both Germanic/Scandinavian) Hekate (Greek/Roman) Diana/Artemis (Roman/Greek).
    There is a Description in a Book I encountered about a Goddess named Aradia, who is the daughter of Diana (Roman Goddess of the Moon, the Hunt and the Forest, Daughter of Jupiter, the Roman Version of Zeus.) and Baldur (Scandinavian Germanic God of light, the Sun and Music, Son of Odin, half-brother of Thor.).
    The modern Wicca movement sees itself as a continuation of that extinct religion

So, historically, there is a Link between Druids, Völvas and Witches.
    Of "Occult: DRU" actually means Druid, that could be an alternate Term for Witch, or a Subcategory of it.