Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Pack

By my thinking, there are two more EPs from the past that will be made before they branch out to other ideas like a FARM pack or a SHOWBIZ pack or new vacation spots. They are SEASONS and UNIVERSITY. I believe that they are at work on a SEASONS pack (I hope anyway) and there are plenty of threads about what we would like in it. So, let's talk about Uni.

I want more than just a university pack. I want an EDUCATION pack that encompasses all education stages, Grade School, High School and College.
I would like for each to be geared to that life stage. In the Grade School, there could be a HOME ROOM where most of the teaching happens. There would be one subject per day (realistically, there's no way to do all subjects in one day). There would be a SCIENCE LAB for science day, a GYM for a little exercise and a CAFETERIA for a quick snack if you student gets hungry.

The same would work for High School, but with a few more subjects geared to older teens.

For COLLEGE, your sim could live in a dorm, join a frat/sorority or live at home and commute. The same "Class is Starting" message would appear wherever you sim lives. I would like to expand to include adult education and elder education which might include night classes.

I also want to play as the student or become a teacher/professor.

All stages would have events to attend (real or rabbit hole) like graduation, prom, sporting events, etc. As a teacher, you could call in parents of a troublesome student to talk about their kid.

All of these education building would be in a new world. A "College Town" type of world where there is a Grade School, a High School and a College Campus, similar to past versions. There would be residential lots so our sims could live there while teaching at the college, for example.

I would also like to see some outfits for kids, teens and YA's that include a backpack for school books and a laptop (new item in this pack).

These are a few of my ideas, what are some yours?

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I like the idea of education being for more than just university themed. I like the idea of following kids to school in certain subjects. I would like to see kids get detention for misbehaviour in class and maybe some kind of honour roll. Also field trips which could impact on your grade depending on behaviour and your grades.

For university bring back sororities and like you say a student world. Allow us to see some of the classes like the sims 3 and not have every class be a rabbit hole. Include student parties and bring back the keg. (Although I'm not sure that's likely) Don't make everything too perfect and sunshiny and allow students to cheat in exams and of course give us some new careers so there's an incentive to go to further education.

I like your ideas. Personally I would rather have uni before Seasons.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited December 2017
    I had a whole list somewhere in another thread about my thoughts on education. I'm really hopeful for additional behavioral system to go along with the educational (grades) system we already have.

If I remember correcctly I thought about it during the time of coming up with Generations and a Preschool idea for the toddlers (before they were here lol). Both the behavioral and educational were "reveiws" (this is only the case since most preschools schools don't have grades :lol: ).

That being said, once they become children, their grades would show up as normal. Buut the behavioral reveiw that had in preschool would be the new addition to the school. Kids on their best behavior could receive special items, skills, while kids with bad behavior were more likely to get suspended, detention, etc.

ooh I found it!!

Ages ago I came up with a form of "reviews" feature for grades. Technically their mostly for toddlers since preschools don't have grading, but I think the grade schooling system could benefit from the "behavioral" review. When I thought of ideas for a parenting system, I sorta added how it would effect school (and Now that we have parenthood it could really tie in!).

Here's what would be an example of "reviews":
    Educational Review
    • Brilliant: "You daughter Emily is phenomenal in school! She's learning things at a very high pace. Might I suggest a gifted school?"
    • Excellent Review: "Emily is doing very well in school, with a little more teachings, she could excel beyond highschool!"
    • Good Review: "Emily has certainly improved. She's finally getting better at coloring in those lines! Perhaps she
    • Okay: "Emily is learning things at a fairly normal pace. Remember every child learns at a different pace, so we'll work to help her understand."
    • Bad: "Emily is having a tough time learning things. We'll try to teach her, but as her parents/family, we hope you do your part too!"
    • Awful: "Emily has very tough time learning anything. We desperately need her family to help out in her educational development."
    Behavior Review
    • Brilliant: "Your toddler is outstanding in class! She sits quietly during storytime and she always shares her toys with the other children, A true little angel! "
    • Excellent: "I'm quite surprised with your Toddler! She's the only child in my class who actually wants to help me pass out the baby carrots around the class!"
    • Good: "Emily is doing very well, she's starting to learn how to be patient, and that she can't always have her way. I'm glad we're making progress."
    • Okay: "Emily has started to listen to us. However sometimes she doesn't. Her family needs to help teach her more manners"
    • Bad: "Emily is becoming quite a burden of the class. She's doesn't like to share at all and refuses to listen to us."
    • Awful: "Your child is a Little Monster!! We have no idea how to handle her! Not only doesn't she listen to us, she also causes havoc among the preschool, breaking everything (which we hope you'll be paying for!!) and putting play-doe in her classmates hair. Get Help or The Social Worker!"
    (^please note: that last pharse is meant to be only a world play, but it would be funny if that happened in game xD)

Like I said though, the "Educational" review would be exclusive to toddlers since they don't have grades at that age. But the behavioral I'd like to be a continuation into school.
    However of course, Parenting doesn't stop there...it's only the beginning (literary), your toddlers will continue out their personality through childhood. And like preschool, an behavior review will be given for elementary students, however unlike preschool can have great benefits or pretty annoying consequences. Having an good behavior in school could allow children to learn some hidden skill, teachers will be less demanding when it comes to late homework, also sometimes prizes can be rewarded. Consequences for bad behavior would result in detention, and voluntary work for the school, as well as a possible suspension if it gets worse. These behavior reviews continue into teen years until they graduate. Please note ofcouse, their separate from your child-teen's 'actual' grades, however if your sim's 'bad' behavior continues after highschool, the college may think twice of omitting them, though if they're grades are good it's possible for them to make an exception (it would be awesome to make this a risky chance for those with 'bad' behavior but good grades, like 50/50 for the school to say yes or no).

And as you can see from those bottom few lines, would work perfectly for a following university EP <3

So for example on those last parts, say..Travis Scott (being a genius and all), had excellent grades/education reviews starting from preschool all the way to highschool. Though he had an awful behavioral review. Even though he had a bad rep since preschool, his "education grades" kept him in flying colors (well minus probably detention and other consequences).

However, the "bad behavior" doesn't really go well within college (University EP), the Universities "might" except him due to his amazing grading performance, but it's a 50/50 chance. That's because University tallies both the educational (grades) and behavioral rep. Some universities have a higher chance of accepting Travis regardless of his inner 'bad boy' exterior in light of his grades.

However a more prestige university would have a less likely chance of accepting Travis due to his low behavioral rep.

But yeah In a nutshell I'm hoping for benefits and consequences for sims school wise. Especially if a bad but smart kid tries to apply to a prestige university, but gets rejected over his bad rep. Or possibly they make him an acceptation over his grads and over look his bad boy exterior.

That being said, I'd also like to see:
    • Prom
    • Activities: Girls/Scouts, Drama,....hmm but since we have a clubs interactions, I wonder if they could revamp it for this.
    • Fieldtrip
    • An updated Education career. With the option of being a school teacher or a college professor.
    • Community College
    • Online College (great for adults, and elders who don't exactly have the time to hang out with those rowdy youngsters and want to learn more).

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one interested in an Education GP, rather than just a straight Uni GP. Definitely like the idea of the education system in game to get a bit of an overhaul. I know it's probably too much to ask, but hey, I can dream.

I would also like to see the reintroduction of private school and/or boarding school. Also, after school activities. And on another thread about this issue, the OP suggested having a uni degree being required for continued climbing up the corporate ladder with each career.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    We never had school beofore so it shuld be intresthing....I whuld love to play somthing like this :)
  • Options
    karab226karab226 Posts: 3 New Member
    I love this idea so much, I miss the sims 3 university pack. I love how its education based and not just all about university. I really hope they create this somehow
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I had a whole list somewhere in another thread about my thoughts on education. I'm really hopeful for additional behavioral system to go along with the educational (grades) system we already have.

If I remember correcctly I thought about it during the time of coming up with Generations and a Preschool idea for the toddlers (before they were here lol). Both the behavioral and educational were "reveiws" (this is only the case since most preschools schools don't have grades :lol: ).

That being said, once they become children, their grades would show up as normal. Buut the behavioral reveiw that had in preschool would be the new addition to the school. Kids on their best behavior could receive special items, skills, while kids with bad behavior were more likely to get suspended, detention, etc.

ooh I found it!!

Ages ago I came up with a form of "reviews" feature for grades. Technically their mostly for toddlers since preschools don't have grading, but I think the grade schooling system could benefit from the "behavioral" review. When I thought of ideas for a parenting system, I sorta added how it would effect school (and Now that we have parenthood it could really tie in!).

Here's what would be an example of "reviews":
    Educational Review
    • Brilliant: "You daughter Emily is phenomenal in school! She's learning things at a very high pace. Might I suggest a gifted school?"
    • Excellent Review: "Emily is doing very well in school, with a little more teachings, she could excel beyond highschool!"
    • Good Review: "Emily has certainly improved. She's finally getting better at coloring in those lines! Perhaps she
    • Okay: "Emily is learning things at a fairly normal pace. Remember every child learns at a different pace, so we'll work to help her understand."
    • Bad: "Emily is having a tough time learning things. We'll try to teach her, but as her parents/family, we hope you do your part too!"
    • Awful: "Emily has very tough time learning anything. We desperately need her family to help out in her educational development."
    Behavior Review
    • Brilliant: "Your toddler is outstanding in class! She sits quietly during storytime and she always shares her toys with the other children, A true little angel! "
    • Excellent: "I'm quite surprised with your Toddler! She's the only child in my class who actually wants to help me pass out the baby carrots around the class!"
    • Good: "Emily is doing very well, she's starting to learn how to be patient, and that she can't always have her way. I'm glad we're making progress."
    • Okay: "Emily has started to listen to us. However sometimes she doesn't. Her family needs to help teach her more manners"
    • Bad: "Emily is becoming quite a burden of the class. She's doesn't like to share at all and refuses to listen to us."
    • Awful: "Your child is a Little Monster!! We have no idea how to handle her! Not only doesn't she listen to us, she also causes havoc among the preschool, breaking everything (which we hope you'll be paying for!!) and putting play-doe in her classmates hair. Get Help or The Social Worker!"
    (^please note: that last pharse is meant to be only a world play, but it would be funny if that happened in game xD)

Like I said though, the "Educational" review would be exclusive to toddlers since they don't have grades at that age. But the behavioral I'd like to be a continuation into school.
    However of course, Parenting doesn't stop there...it's only the beginning (literary), your toddlers will continue out their personality through childhood. And like preschool, an behavior review will be given for elementary students, however unlike preschool can have great benefits or pretty annoying consequences. Having an good behavior in school could allow children to learn some hidden skill, teachers will be less demanding when it comes to late homework, also sometimes prizes can be rewarded. Consequences for bad behavior would result in detention, and voluntary work for the school, as well as a possible suspension if it gets worse. These behavior reviews continue into teen years until they graduate. Please note ofcouse, their separate from your child-teen's 'actual' grades, however if your sim's 'bad' behavior continues after highschool, the college may think twice of omitting them, though if they're grades are good it's possible for them to make an exception (it would be awesome to make this a risky chance for those with 'bad' behavior but good grades, like 50/50 for the school to say yes or no).

And as you can see from those bottom few lines, would work perfectly for a following university EP <3

So for example on those last parts, say..Travis Scott (being a genius and all), had excellent grades/education reviews starting from preschool all the way to highschool. Though he had an awful behavioral review. Even though he had a bad rep since preschool, his "education grades" kept him in flying colors (well minus probably detention and other consequences).

However, the "bad behavior" doesn't really go well within college (University EP), the Universities "might" except him due to his amazing grading performance, but it's a 50/50 chance. That's because University tallies both the educational (grades) and behavioral rep. Some universities have a higher chance of accepting Travis regardless of his inner 'bad boy' exterior in light of his grades.

However a more prestige university would have a less likely chance of accepting Travis due to his low behavioral rep.

But yeah In a nutshell I'm hoping for benefits and consequences for sims school wise. Especially if a bad but smart kid tries to apply to a prestige university, but gets rejected over his bad rep. Or possibly they make him an acceptation over his grads and over look his bad boy exterior.

That being said, I'd also like to see:
    • Prom
    • Activities: Girls/Scouts, Drama,....hmm but since we have a clubs interactions, I wonder if they could revamp it for this.
    • Fieldtrip
    • An updated Education career. With the option of being a school teacher or a college professor.
    • Community College
    • Online College (great for adults, and elders who don't exactly have the time to hang out with those rowdy youngsters and want to learn more).

sounds great
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    I hope it'll be like Sims 3 and Sims 2 Univeristy
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »

Just college? So, you don't want grade school or high school? Where will all your pre-teens go to school?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I prefer seeing an education GP than a repeat of university packs Sims 2 and 3 had so I agree with that. Education I think should be something for all ages to enjoy. I really liked the active school sessions with Sims 3 University, but I also love the Go to School mod that Zerbu made for the Sims 4. I don't want to see just university, but preschool, grade school, and high school. Sims 4 doesn't have preteens, so there probably won't need to be a middle or junior high school. I really hope that there will be school events and detention if students behave badly. It would be funny to see Sims write on chalkboard/dry erase board how they were bad like the Simpsons. I hope that they can spit paper wads at each other too. I guess I just hope that school is not only educational, but social and have some imperfect aspects to it too and teach consequences and moral lessons.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Instead of University for a third time I'd rather get just a High School pack and have all the detail and budget be used on it making it great instead of trying to fit to many ideas and them all falling flat "cough" Get to Work.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »

Just college? So, you don't want grade school or high school? Where will all your pre-teens go to school?

I do lol. Preteens would go to middle school.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would like the teen Sims going to school especially highschool to be like how the university was meaning the classes/year Freshmen, Sophomore, Jr. SR. For the simple fact to know the age group and also when they are seniors they can take an assessment to get into college also apply for scholarships.
  • Options
    summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    I would really love a university pack! Especially with new behavioral features and things you mentioned like honor roll and fraternities/sororities.
    "We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural
  • Options
    I would want the Secret Society with the hidden lot that you had to earn your way into.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I prefer seeing an education GP than a repeat of university packs Sims 2 and 3 had so I agree with that. Education I think should be something for all ages to enjoy. I really liked the active school sessions with Sims 3 University, but I also love the Go to School mod that Zerbu made for the Sims 4. I don't want to see just university, but preschool, grade school, and high school. Sims 4 doesn't have preteens, so there probably won't need to be a middle or junior high school. I really hope that there will be school events and detention if students behave badly. It would be funny to see Sims write on chalkboard/dry erase board how they were bad like the Simpsons. I hope that they can spit paper wads at each other too. I guess I just hope that school is not only educational, but social and have some imperfect aspects to it too and teach consequences and moral lessons.

I'm not a big fan of the idea of being able to play my teens and children at school. I all ready don't follow my sims with professions to their job most days, so I know I won't be spending much time doing that with children or teens either, but having an education pack that brought some new features to update the education system we all ready have in game would be nice. After school activities, for one. Dances. A college prep test. Boarding/private school, and even the ability to home school or drop out of school as a teen would be nice.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I've tried to reply to this several times. I keep getting overwhelmed with ideas.
    An education EP, or even just a Uni EP is something that I would like to have.

I can see a university/education EP working in a similar way to Get to Work.
    The system is already there for making it work.

Each of the education campuses could easily be as individual worlds, or just the one. Either way would work.

A highschool, for you to follow your teens to (if you want to). Keep them from falling asleep in class, direct them to pass notes to their friends, send them to the cafeteria for lunch.

The school day could have 2-3 classes, 1-2 in the morning, before lunch, and one in the afternoon.
    The classes could be useful for improving your sims skills:
    Simlish (reading and writing, improves skill in writing)
    Science (logic and gardening skills)
    Home ec (cooking skill)
    Art (painting skill)
    Music (music skill)
    Gym (body skill)

The uni campus could be a little more complicated, a world with four or five lots. A dorm lot, a socialising hub, a library and several uni buildings for classes and skill building.

Being able to attend classes from the home lot also makes a lot of sense.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Education GP with Parenthood GP could be quite complementary

If include Boarding School like at TS3, each school could add between +30 and +70 to certain value characters (value depending how you ended elementary school if return at home at weekends, and at that case what you do at home)
  • Options
    In my head, when I imagined this as an EP, I saw a notification pop up letting you know it was time for school and would you like to follow Billy or Sally to school, like with adults in GTW.

If you say yes and follow Sally to grade school, I see kids "appear" on the sidewalk outside the building. Then they go inside to attend the class. You follow and do what ever is required according to the tasks bar (like GTW) and the more your kid/teen accomplishes during the day, the higher grade they get, which is averaged at report card time to tell the parents how their kids are doing in school. It is also possible for you to let your kid slack off all day (and get a bad grade) by hanging out in the bathroom and causing mischief, hangout on the play ground or go the comic book shop. Maybe they convince a friend to hangout too. This may cause an angry phone call from the parent of the other kid accusing your kid of being a bad influence. When the time is up and the bell rings, your kid/teen goes back home (like GTW) and you can get them to do their home work, work on their science project or play video games instead.

The teens in High School would work the same way with goals and tasks to be accomplished before end of day. I think this is the best way to handle kids in school because, after considering a more school-like format, it seemed to me to be too complicated and using the existing system from GTW as a school program might work better and more seamlessly. With this system, the teacher would be similar to the Police Captain who shows up and sits at their desk but is available to interact with. The other students are basically following the same goal system your kid is following, but in their own time.

The Grade School and High School are part of a world which also contains a College campus with buildings for class rooms and labs or lectures along with the Greek houses and college dorms and residential lots and community lots. These may be "visited" at any time by any played sim. They are not closed lots off of the map like the Police Station, Lab or Hospital. The college buildings are grouped together in one campus area and the Grade and High schools are located near each other, sharing a common playground and basketball court and possible soccer field. The remainder of the world is for houses and businesses like a comic book store, coffee shop, arcade and other places that we had in S3 for college students to hang out at. The campus should have a quad where student can gather to study under a big oak tree, play hacky sack (new in this pack), play music for tips, protest their issues or just hangout with friends or that special someone.

I think a school system based on the GTW system is the best way to go because it already exists and works (not perfectly, but mostly) and is goal oriented like a school day usually is in real life. Plus you can control your sim at school to accomplish or ignore those tasks.

This would also allow for graduations, proms, science fairs, etc. for parents to attend. Once a kid has aged up to a teen, there could be a first day of school moodlet that may be excited or anxious depending on your sims traits and how they have been parented.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    That sounds like a lot of fun. I kind of hope they offer a homeschool option too. There is already a work from home function with City Living and I could see this system adapted for homeschooling. I think the private school it would be fun if it worked like following kids to school. You would just have nicer furniture in it and would need good grades to get into it as a prerequisite. It was pretty harsh how Sims 3 had it with the boarding school just sending kids away even though it did have an option for kids to visit, so private school might be a better option. Like have the Sims enroll in private school by calling or enrolling on the computer. I really hope the school lots are open too so we can build on them.

Here is the Go to School mod for some ideas. I know Graham was really impressed by this. It does use the GTW game to run.
    https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160319209200/the-sims-4-go-to-school-mod-pack-v4-repost
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    I still like the idea of adding in a send kids to "Boarding School" or "Military Academy" and needing to impress the Head Master/Mistress or Commandant. Sending one or more kids away for the year only to see them for a week at a time between terms when they come home for a visit.