Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A few bugs/issues I've found with Cats & Dogs so far

14hours14hours Posts: 82 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I love Cats & Dogs, I think they've done a really good job of it, specifically the paint tool and the pet traits, the way the pets behave is very realistic and it's obvious animals lovers were heavily involved with making this.

However, even after the hot fix patch, there's still some issues I keep coming across:
  • "Bubblegum wants a clean litter tray" even though I'm using the self cleaning litter tray. It happens about once a sim week and the only way to rectify it is to buy a new litter tray as there's no option to clean it.
  • "Cici needs to go potty" even though she's already learnt to go by herself and sometimes still does. Does she just forget sometimes?
  • Can't leash more than one dog at a time, and can't take more than one dog on a walk! Even the short walks or jogs take up a lot of time so not being able to take all your dogs at once is very time consuming, unrealistic and inconvenient.
  • No options for pet activities in clubs! You can make the cat/dog lovers traits a requirement but that's where it stops. The first thing I wanted to do after making my pets and decorating my house with new items was make an animal lovers club! Alas, no such joy.
  • I've had my vet clinic open for 7,801 hours (although it says -7,801?) with one employee who apparently never gets tired, or has any needs whatsoever.
  • Even though I've already released her spirit to the netherworld (twice), my first pet keeps coming back as a ghost. This may be my fault though because I added her back to the household as a ghost (before releasing her), and then transferred her to a household I don't play. However, I've had the notification "Doki's spirit is fading away" and I feel, even if she's in a another household as a ghost, she shouldn't be tied down to the lot she died in, once her spirit has been released.
  • In real life, playing with laser pointers with your cats, especially kittens, is a massive no no. It can literally drive cats insane or cause mental/emotional/development problems. The reason behind this is because their hunting instinct is triggered but never satisfied, as they can't catch light! There are ways to safely play with lasers with your cats but these options aren't available in game and it's better just to stick to cat wands and toys they can catch to avoid any problems. I've got issues with this because The Sims is played by all ages, it's very influential and it's teaching the future generation of pet owners a very bad habit. Perhaps, instead of taking lasers out of the game, EA could add a negative moodlet if you play with them too often. "Bubblegum is very stressed from never being able to catch a laser, try playing with a cat wand to satisfy their hunting instinct"
B6dXq3o.png