Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 small technical questions

1. I have a cc items i've downloaded, they are in .package format and functioning. I would like to turn them into decor items. is it possible with the sims workshop or something? I never managed to use it. these are the items - http://modthesims.info/d/376414 or maybe there is a version of the rabbitholes signs in another download?
2. I downloaded a CC sim (in a .sims3 format) which was packaged with a skin I like. I want to save the skin only and to delete the sim. I have delphy's/custard and s3pe. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    1. I wonder if the Transmogrifier would work with those? http://modthesims.info/d/592332

2. Dunno.
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    http://forum.livingsims.net/showthread.php?tid=2721
    http://modthesims.info/t/459187
    For the skin tone - I would think anything that came with the sim is CC so you should have the skin tone as a seperate object. You can go look in CaS and see if it's listed as an option - if so, I think you can delete the sim and keep the skin. If not, hopefully the creator listed who created the skin and you can search for it from the creator's website.

As an aside, I wouldn't just "delete" the sim but uninstall it via the launcher or mod that "annilates" them. In my game it causes black screen effect when you just delete a sim. It might not for you but that is my advice to you.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2017
    2. I downloaded a CC sim (in a .sims3 format) which was packaged with a skin I like. I want to save the skin only and to delete the sim. I have delphy's/custard and s3pe. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Most CC that comes in with a downloaded sim in sims3pack format will be installed in your game and will remain after uninstalling or deleting the sim. But, there is some CC that comes with a downloaded sim and only remains in your game as long as there is a sim using it that is still installed in the game. I'm not sure why some CC behaves this way (I have a theory that some package CC got exported along with the sim).

In the past I used to download a lot of sims from the exchange and only a few CC behaved that way. If I remember correctly it was mostly a few hair, skins, brows and facial hair. If you want to keep such CC, first put it on a sim you want to keep. Share the sim so their file will be in the export folder. Then move that file into the Sims 3 download folder. From the launcher install your new sim. Now you can delete the original downloaded sim and the skin will remain installed because you have another installed sim wearing it.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    @TreyNutz @KatyFernlily @cwaddell Thank you so much, your replies are very helpful, i'll try! :smile:

You can go look in CaS and see if it's listed as an option - if so, I think you can delete the sim and keep the skin. If not, hopefully the creator listed who created the skin and you can search for it from the creator's website.

As an aside, I wouldn't just "delete" the sim but uninstall it via the launcher or mod that "annilates" them. In my game it causes black screen effect when you just delete a sim. It might not for you but that is my advice to you.

I did look the skin name in CAS but could not find the specific skintone by the name... It is very possible that the skintome was deleted at some point, the sim itself was downloaded from the exchange, but the CC skin- who knows.

Regarding the deletion - yes, I meant uninstalling, this sim came with other CC as well, and I don't want the other stuff.

cwaddell wrote: »

Thanks!

Most CC that comes in with a downloaded sim in sims3pack format will be installed in your game and will remain after uninstalling or deleting the sim. But, there is some CC that comes with a downloaded sim and only remains in your game as long as there is a sim using it that is still installed in the game.

I've tried to uninstall this sim in the past, it removed the skin with it (even I had other sims using at the same skin - thei skin just became black... So I guess it's one of those cases. packing it with onother sim is a good idea, I'll try that :smile:

• Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited October 2017
    I've tried to uninstall this sim in the past, it removed the skin with it (even I had other sims using at the same skin - thei skin just became black... So I guess it's one of those cases. packing it with onother sim is a good idea, I'll try that :smile:
    Were these other sims installed into the game wearing the new skin? To keep the skin it must be installed with a sim not just used by an already existing sim.