Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want to save a pet

How would I save a cat in order to "store" him for the time being? I'm not ready to permanently lose the cat- I'd rather save a copy for future reintegration. Is there a way?
sig.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Bring him into CAS then bin him.. :)
  • Options
    NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    @Charlottesmom Thanks!!
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited October 2017
    Bring him into CAS then bin him.. :)
    bug-58bcf35f05dde027e50421b1-g.gif

Boy...thank goodness we're talking about Sims 3. :mrgreen:Calgary Animal Shelter? bin him? Might raise a few eyebrows. :mrgreen:

But yes...@Nabril...saving a pet to bin works :) as @Charlottesmom stated. It's just my weird mind taking a detour off the map again. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited October 2017
    @Nikkei_Simmer , LOL!! Oops, binning a kitty would be a very bad thing IRL!! :flushed:
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    @Charlottesmom, I think the "saving pets" works the same as saving Sims to the save bin, right? I haven't played around much with the Pets EP since I got it, because of the intensive strain on the CPU. Pets EP will just have to wait for playing until I get my desktop back up and running.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Yes, saving a cat, dog, or horse works the same as saving a sim to the bin.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2017
    Only difference is you can’t save them on their own, so you’ll have to accompany them with a sim. When you put them into your household, you take the extra sim out again right away. So make sure it’s not a sim who’s already in the household because then you won’t know who to kick out.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    There are 2 ways I normally save sims.

1. As mentioned above, take them into CAS and save them to your sim bin. That can be done with pets also.
    2. Save the sim as a household. From edit town save the household if they live alone or first kick everyone else out of the household before saving it. The advantage of this is that you also save any reward accomplishments, additional traits, skill levels, money, etc. To save a pet this way you must leave at least one grown up person in the household as @JoAnne65 mentioned above.

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have no problem saving pets to the bin alone or with other pets. I have NRAAS mods so it is possible that is helping me.

Have you tried having the pet in game and evicting the pet and saving it to the library from the clip board?

If I want to save a baby alone I use NRAAS PORTER mod.